GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone make a summary/transcript of the video please? I can't watch videos...

The video of Shannon's mother has only left me with more questions than answers. I do find it telling that Social Services are not letting them (grandparents) have access or information regarding the condition or whereaouts of either Sunny or Baby Connor (#2...and yes I find that very distressing someone would reuse a name, for a pet or person. You cannot replace the orginial, ever.)

The video of Shannon's mother has only left me with more questions than answers. I do find it telling that Social Services are not letting them (grandparents) have access or information regarding the condition or whereaouts of either Sunny or Baby Connor (#2...and yes I find that very distressing someone would reuse a name, for a pet or person. You cannot replace the orginial, ever.)

I know that history indicates that Vincent Van Gogh was born on the exact same date but one year later than his brother who was stillborn and also named Vincent. I guess it was freaky to see his name on a tombstone with a date of death along with it. (And we all know what happened to him.) I don't find it to be a normal thing for a parent to do.

Sorry I have only read the last page here and am about to start from page 1, but already I'm hearing duelling banjos.

There is waaaaayyy more to this story.

They were worried about having kids without being married because of her parents, and yet her parents let their 17 year old daughter move in with an older guy..........first lie from mum!

His parents bought them a trailer what a year later but he had been living in a car beforehand.....that is a big jump from not living with them when he needs to be to providing him with his own trailer.'

She is way too skinny to hide 2 pregnancies and the comment from the girl who worked with her when she was supposedly pregnant in 2007.

have dna test confirmed they are the parents?

I am also not buying that 7mth old died of natural causes and they went into a depression.......these people were hiding the births of these children, I am more inclined to beleive they had blinkers on and wanted these kids to go away.

Also as per myspace.....where was he at christmas 3 years ago if he is asking if she got something nice?

also as for the little girl being looked after properly until recently..............where were her toys and clothes, that room seemed empty apart from the crib............and there is another question..........why was she in a crib and not a bed if she was looked after until maybe mid 2007/early 2008?

I know that history indicates that Vincent Van Gogh was born on the exact same date but one year later than his brother who was stillborn and also named Vincent. I guess it was freaky to see his name on a tombstone with a date of death along with it. (And we all know what happened to him.) I don't find it to be a normal thing for a parent to do.

Same story with Salvodor Dali as well...it is quite strange I think.

And just a thought, perhaps Sunny and the boy were a result of an interracial relationship(i.e. would noticeably not belong to BG) thus the reason for hiding them/starving/letting them die. Racism is still a very real issue, and perhaps she feared being shunned from her family.

"As she looks back, Karen remembers Shannon bringing the 6-year-old over to her house. "She said it was Brian's cousin's little girl. I had no reason to doubt it. I had no idea that child was my grandchild...I did say to her she looks a lot like you when you were a baby. It wasn't significant to me because it wasn't my granddaughter."

At 6 years old,Grandma Karen says Sharon brough Sunny to her house, stating she was A relative of Brian's family.

So,.... that would mean Sunny wasn't verbal, I'm assuming. Otherwise, why would SG risk Sunny calling Shannon Mommy, or saying something to send up red flags??

Was Sunny walking then?
Could she stand?
Was she drinking from a cup? Or a bottle?
Was she potty trained?
Did she play in developmentally appropriate ways?
Was Sunny interactive with the grandmother? Or was her growth already so stunted due to the neglect and abuse that none of these were possible. Certainly Grandma Karen would have noticed the oddities, and said something about it.

The other thing that I find highly unusual is Grandma Karen states that she and Shannon talk almost every day, but she always calls before she comes over....hmmmm, why? In such a small town, usually drop in visits are standard, especially with BFF Grandma's and daughters. One would think they were close. But when Gran Karen asks Sharon why she hid the children, her answer is "I didn't want to disappoint you."[/I]][/B] Huge, huge Red flag there.Was Grandma overly strict? We know she wasn't by her actions, she allowed SG to move in with a homeless guy only 8 months after knowing him in 2003, when she would have still been in high school (unless it was after she graduated in 2003.) And why would best friends Karen and Shannon want her to move out anyway? Why not stay at home, and let Brian move out, if that was his plan. No way would my 16-17 year old daughter be moving out into a trailer with an older homeless guy - maybe Karen is the naive type, but really....they're living together, someone has to pay the bills, and Brian isn't to be counted on- heck he was living in his car when they met.

The nameing of Baby Conner 2 is either a nice tribute, or just plain creepy. Creepy, is my vote. What happened to Baby Connor 1? SIDS doesn't happen that way, they ususally die in their sleep.

Interesting though about Brian's parents separating and he & his mom moving to Alaska. In searching, I had found several of their addresses in Alaska.(source:intelius)
Palmer, AK
Glennallen, AK
Wasilla, AK
Moose Pass, AK
Anchorage, AK

In fact, BG was living in AK, right before he came back to finish his last 2 years of high school at Glouchester. Finished in 2000, If he's 5 years older than SG, he should have finished in 1998, not 2000. Is B's Mom still in AK, did she come back? If B's nmother is still in Alaska, that would explain why she didn't know about the kids. B's father has been described as a loner, and "kinda quirky-strange". Not sure what old neighbors and friends meant by that, but knowing her & his wife had shouting matches, and she left, tells us something was off there.

So, red flags flying up all over the place, but still no real answers.

"As she looks back, Karen remembers Shannon bringing the 6-year-old over to her house. "She said it was Brian's cousin's little girl. I had no reason to doubt it. I had no idea that child was my grandchild...I did say to her she looks a lot like you when you were a baby. It wasn't significant to me because it wasn't my granddaughter."

At 6 years old,Grandma Karen says Sharon brough Sunny to her house, stating she was A relative of Brian's family.

I thought the author was just saying "the 6-year-old" because they aren't allowed to say her name. I would like to know how old Sunny was when she was brought to grandma's. I got the impression she was a baby or toddler since Karen said "as she looks back..." and also "she looks a lot like you when you were a baby."

P.S. The latter statement makes me think Sunny does NOT have Down syndrome with it's recognizable facial attributes -- or Karen would not have said this to Shannon.

Same story with Salvodor Dali as well...it is quite strange I think.

And just a thought, perhaps Sunny and the boy were a result of an interracial relationship(i.e. would noticeably not belong to BG) thus the reason for hiding them/starving/letting them die. Racism is still a very real issue, and perhaps she feared being shunned from her family.

The children are not a result of interracial relationships.
The little girl was described as having blond hair. Grandma also claimed she looked like Shannon. So I presume she is a white female with blond hair and blue eyes.

I watched this special about these babies in this Chinese orphanage that rarely got any human contact. Their bottles were propped up for the little ones that could not feed themselves and the older ones had sandbags on their legs to make them immobile. The reporter stated that while there they observed one child beating another in the head with an object and that child did not make the slightest sound, much less cry.

A child psychologist explained that it was because when children cry, someone comes to comfort them and take care of their needs. These children were conditioned to know that no one would come if they cry, no one would help; so they didnt.

If they locked Sunshine up in a dark room and rarely acknowledged her, maybe she was the same way.. therefore didnt cry much. Between that and being so weak from malnutrition, it is possible that she didnt make much noise if they closed the door and turned off the light...

I saw that too.I'll never forget the Dying Room.Such a sad documentary about the baby girls of China.

Sunny almost seems to be a feral child.It's just all so very sad.

I think that video just created more confusion. JMO

I wonder if Shannon drinks, and if she did so while she was pregnant. (I'm thinking along the lines of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome IfYaKnowWhatImean)

I dunno, this is all a mystery. Maybe they are on drugs who knows, but the biggest question in all of these cases is how out of all the people in the world do two crazed, child abusing psychos meet and fall in love? I just dont get it? How can so many parents or couples find another person who will join in with child abuse? What are the odds you meet another person like that?

No one can convince me that one person is normal and maybe the other is crazy and they just went along with it. Normal, feeling people dont just go along with abuse unless they are threatned or harmed in some way. This is not the case. I just dont get it.

Normal, feeling people dont just go along with abuse unless they are threatned or harmed in some way. This is not the case. I just dont get it.

I don't know about that... judging by the Milgram experiment (look up "Milgram experiment" on Wikipedia), and by historical incidences of genocide like in Nazi Germany, more seemingly "normal" people than you might expect are willing to torture and kill if an authority figure tells them to. 65% were willing to administer the potentially fatal shock in the Milgram experiment, and further experiments have shown "the percentage of participants who are prepared to inflict fatal voltages remains remarkably constant, 61–66 percent, regardless of time or place."

We would like to think that a one-in-a-million crazy person must meet another one-in-a-million crazy person to create a couple like Brian and Shannon... but I think it's more like a one-in-a-million crazy person who presents themselves with authority must meet anyone in that 65% of the population willing to torture or kill when told to do so. Scary, huh?

I wonder if drugs play a role in their behaviour...meth,maybe?

Looking at the shots of her that were taken around the engagement I would think not at that time - Sunshine and Conner were already born and Conner had died. Looking at her mugshot - looks like a possibility more recently but I would hope someone would have caught on during the pregnancy. If she used occasionally during the pregnancy she may have gotten away with it.

Of course she may have just been suffering from lack of sleep due to having a new baby that she actually took care of...

The children are not a result of interracial relationships.
The little girl was described as having blond hair. Grandma also claimed she looked like Shannon. So I presume she is a white female with blond hair and blue eyes.

There are biracial children that have blond hair. There are biracial children that have red hair.

I am not saying you are wrong about these children in this case, but it is absolutely possible. I live in a diverse city in a diverse neighborhood and I know kids with biracial parents and these kids have blond or very light brown hair.

That chick Shannon is extremely fair. My guess would even be a natural red head/stawberry blonde. Now there you can presume away, but in accord with your last post about the child not being born to biracial parents because she was described with blond hair is plain wrong.

There is zero information to suggest these children are biracial. And furthermore we know that grandma described the little girl looking a lot like Shannon at that age. I think it's plainly obvious these children are not from interracial relationship, without having to discuss the chance of a biracial child having blonde hair and blue eyes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha
Back