GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By the way there is no doubt the little girl is a white female. In the early articles she was described as having blond hair.

And to that I said that is an assumption.

It's a waste of energy arguing for the sake of arguing when children have been murdered and tortured and starved. A poster asked. It's a valid question. I don't believe it to be the case either, but point blank "early articles she was described as having blond hair" does not mean she could not be biracial.

At this point it seems pretty obvious that the parents are Brian and Shannon. Biracial children can certainly be blonde, but generally have that beautiful mix of coffee-and-cream skintone that would have tipped the police off to look for a different bio-dad... IMHO :)

I think if the Gore's were not the parents we would have heard something by now so I must assume LE is confident that these two are the biological parents of Sunny and both Connors.

Same story with Salvodor Dali as well...it is quite strange I think.

And just a thought, perhaps Sunny and the boy were a result of an interracial relationship(i.e. would noticeably not belong to BG) thus the reason for hiding them/starving/letting them die. Racism is still a very real issue, and perhaps she feared being shunned from her family.

Well, when the DNA results come back we'll know if they are the bio children of Brian and Shannon or not. We can assume. I believe, that LE most likely knows the DNA results, at least preliminary ones, and for now they haven't released that, so until further corrections, I am assuming the kids are theirs.

well my baby is biracial and my husband has blonde hair. my baby is my avatar. Its possible to have light hair, but the AA parent would have to be real light skinned too. Anyways, I dont think this is the case at all.

Also I can understand what the Nazi's did. The facist portrayed Jews and non Aryan Germans as a threat to their entire livelyhood and were inferior to them. That I understand. I understand genocide too. I get why people divide by tribe or nation to kill others.

But killing your own children? Putting your child in a cage when the logical conclusion would be to just adopt that child out? I'm baffled. Hiding 2 pregnancies just to turn around and have another? Two seemingly sane and rational adults locking up a child? Not one thought, "hey this is wrong!". Not one of them.

I tried searching for news the other day and couldn't find anything. I bet the next time we hear anything is when they go to court. I read on here that VA is quick with trials.. so before the end of the year they'll be tried, convicted, and thrown away in prison for the rest of their worthless lives. :)

Searching for any update and nothing. Nothing from Brian Gore's parents in the press, or from Shannon's father. Of course it's their right to privacy, if they don't want to speak out. In the article on May 24, Shannon's mother, Karen said they would probably move out of town, and they were not able to see their grandkids. I wonder if that is still the case, and if they possibly have already moved?

This is such a sad story. Thanks to all who can give us links to the case.

ty for the update via link jinxy.

crazy my butt. crazy like a fox

I found this forum through happenstance (am a poster on the Kyron pages); I have read through every thing you all have posted and thought to add my two cents.

**how the hell did anyone not know about these children?
*Did SG breastfeed? IF not, did guest not find it odd that there were bottles and baby food, and formula laying around?
*When they moved into the trailer was no one there to help them unpack? Move in?
WHERE DID THE CRIB COME FROM?

Also, hearing that the 3rd child was named after the first one is just plain freaky. Sunny's room and his shared a wall. Adding to the torture would be hearing your parents "love Connor" (again).

I can't wrap my head around this case.

OH, and final thought, I too call B.S. on SG's mom. No way, do you visit someone's home EVERYDAY and not go "dude your house stinks (except stronger)." ESPECIALLY when your first (acknowledged) grandbaby was just born. NO WAY.

Okay, okay final thought. Where is the "Rocked for 3 days" statement from?

"Shannon and Brian Gore are accused of keeping their 6-year-old daughter in a crib made into a cage for the better part of a year. They are also accused of killing a 7-month-old boy in 2007."...."I am not trying to excuse any kind of behavior. Something happened to my client, mentally and emotionally after the loss of this child."
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/mother-not-home-when-child-died

Aren't we missing a couple of years there? Golden Boy dies in late 2007 early 2008, Sunny is put in the cage 2010. So, mentally, after the loss of her child she was able to take care of Sunny for two more years; and THEN snapped (this is of course also around the time she got pregnant).

WHAT happened during the missing two years?

I don't believe Sunshine was only put in the cage in 2010. I don't believe it.

The "rocked for 3 days" comment came from Shannon's mother.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/shannon-gore's-mother-speaks-out

As for the 6-year-old daughter reportedly found in a crib made into a cage, weighing less than 15 pounds, and apparently near death
Hicks said physically she may fully recover, but likely not mentally.

"I'm not a psychiatrist, but as you can imagine she never learned to talk. It's really too early to speculate how she's going to end up," said Hicks.

In another matter, the Department of Social Services continues trying to strip the Gore's of all parental rights in Civil Court.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/is-brian-gore-mentally-incompetent

After seeing so many kids come out of orphanages in Sunshine's exact situation... 10-15lbs... almost didn't survive the plane ride home, doctor's told parents they would not survive. Obviously didn't know how to talk, had to be taught how to cry and laugh.

They made it. They thrived. They are healthy. They are children with loving families.

I have hope for Sunshine.

I hope there is people around her that believe in her.

I don't believe Sunshine was only put in the cage in 2010. I don't believe it.

The "rocked for 3 days" comment came from Shannon's mother.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/shannon-gore's-mother-speaks-out

As for the 6-year-old daughter reportedly found in a crib made into a cage, weighing less than 15 pounds, and apparently near death
Hicks said physically she may fully recover, but likely not mentally.

"I'm not a psychiatrist, but as you can imagine she never learned to talk. It's really too early to speculate how she's going to end up," said Hicks.

In another matter, the Department of Social Services continues trying to strip the Gore's of all parental rights in Civil Court.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/is-brian-gore-mentally-incompetent

After seeing so many kids come out of orphanages in Sunshine's exact situation... 10-15lbs... almost didn't survive the plane ride home, doctor's told parents they would not survive. Obviously didn't know how to talk, had to be taught how to cry and laugh.

They made it. They thrived. They are healthy. They are children with loving families.

I have hope for Sunshine.

I hope there is people around her that believe in her.

I agree with you. Just pointing out (in my above post) that even IF it is how they say it was, there is still two years missing.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/06/gloucester-residents-dark-child-abuse-came-light

At a crossroads near the trailer park, an impromptu memorial testifies to the shock and sadness felt by the Gloucester community. Three small white crosses - one for each Gore child - are surrounded by a jumble of silk flowers, stuffed animals and the stubs of burnt candles, evidence of a vigil held by locals after they heard the news.

Inside the trailer park, only a bare rectangle remains where the Gores once lived. The blue-and-white trailer has been hauled away. The couple's infant son, found to be in good condition, was taken into protective custody. Even the family dog - which also appeared healthy - has been rounded up and carted off by animal control.

Across the street, Edwards shooed her kids back toward her own trailer and looked over her shoulder at the empty lot edged with azaleas. She pondered how such a terrible thing could go on right under the noses of so many. The trailer park's manager lives less than 20 feet from where the Gores did.

"We're all just left wondering," she said, "what in the world?"

So the little girl's name is AG. I wish more information was released about her condition. Can she talk at all? As for the defense lawyer claiming Shannon changed after the first boy died-well that sure did not appear to affect how she treated the newborn and the dog. Her behavior changed toward the daughter yet she was able to care for the newborn boy, no problems? The dog is said to be in a good shape as well. So I don't see how that defense going to fly.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/06/gloucester-residents-dark-child-abuse-came-light

At a crossroads near the trailer park, an impromptu memorial testifies to the shock and sadness felt by the Gloucester community. Three small white crosses - one for each Gore child - are surrounded by a jumble of silk flowers, stuffed animals and the stubs of burnt candles, evidence of a vigil held by locals after they heard the news.

Inside the trailer park, only a bare rectangle remains where the Gores once lived. The blue-and-white trailer has been hauled away. The couple's infant son, found to be in good condition, was taken into protective custody. Even the family dog - which also appeared healthy - has been rounded up and carted off by animal control.

Across the street, Edwards shooed her kids back toward her own trailer and looked over her shoulder at the empty lot edged with azaleas. She pondered how such a terrible thing could go on right under the noses of so many. The trailer park's manager lives less than 20 feet from where the Gores did.

"We're all just left wondering," she said, "what in the world?"

so heartbreaking...

"Shannon and Brian Gore are accused of keeping their 6-year-old daughter in a crib made into a cage for the better part of a year. They are also accused of killing a 7-month-old boy in 2007."...."I am not trying to excuse any kind of behavior. Something happened to my client, mentally and emotionally after the loss of this child."
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/mother-not-home-when-child-died

Aren't we missing a couple of years there? Golden Boy dies in late 2007 early 2008, Sunny is put in the cage 2010. So, mentally, after the loss of her child she was able to take care of Sunny for two more years; and THEN snapped (this is of course also around the time she got pregnant).

WHAT happened during the missing two years?

I forget if it was Shannon or Brian but one of them alleged in their interview with LE that Sunshine's confinement began after Shannon got pregnant this time and she wasn't able to care for her. (my paraphrasing) But LE says bull, says she had been confined longer than that.

Praying that Sunshine be given to a loving caring family who can make use of all available resources for her. May she know nothing but love from here on out and may she thrive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back