VA VA - Stafford, WhtFem 25-45, UP6150, Wash Redskins TShirt, bag w/shamrocks, jewelry, glasses, Nov'98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree - the Namus date seems incorrect and The Doe Network has the age incorrect (wow, if you have a missing loved one you better check the details carefully - it could make a big difference).

http://www.nampn.org/cases/moss_janice.html ...
North American Missing Persons Network also has the date missing as Oct 10, 1989 but the pictures on that same page say Moss, circa 1998 (source info listed as NAMUS) ... either way, I don't see Janice Moss being a match (if she was last seen April 20, 1998 - not sure she would become a leaf covered skeleton within 6 1/2 months, plus that she's AA with black hair) ... jmo

P.S. Sorry to barge into this thread with all these posts - I'm supposed to be working on finances and/or housework so Websleuths is helping me procrastinate:)

You are not bargeing in..... we are all here for the same reason. You have great ideas and info! Don't stop keep up the good work!

Something about her face shape caught my attention - but after rotating Susan's pic & doing a side by side comparison, not positive that the brow bone or nose-lip distance looks right...

picture.php

I noticed that these pics were not visible on my original post when viewing from my phone (image size too large maybe?) so I resized the image and am re-posting plus here's an attachment in case it doesn't work:

Jane-Doe-comp-SusanMCumming.jpg

Even a very good technical reconstruction is only an approximation. Susan looks very possible. Do the stats line up?

Even a very good technical reconstruction is only an approximation. Susan looks very possible. Do the stats line up?

As soon as I read your post I got frozen out of Websleuths (not sure what is up but it happens almost every night - drives me insane!) ...

I was clicking on the pics of the list of 'possibles' posted earlier in the thread and there was just something about Susan's face that caught my attention more than any of the others.

Missing since: 7/18/1996
Missing age: 30
Race: White
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 120lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Susan was last seen in the vicinity of the 2200 block of Hickory Street in Toledo, Ohio. Susan was evicted from her residence shortly before she disappeared. She has not contacted family and friends since that time. She has a surgical scar on her chest. Her teeth were in poor condition at the time of her disappearance. http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Ohio-Missing-Persons/Cold-Case-Missing-Adults/Cummings

No dental records or DNA on file with NAMUS. I'm not sold on this being a match especially considering the timeframe and distance but it's a maybe in my opinion.

My only point was I think it unlikey she was dropped off by a cab ,unless the cab driver murderered her.

I lived in stafford in 1996 - 1998 .

I remember there being a local new age store that sold a book called moon magic . I had a friend who wanted to go out to get water from somewhere and put it in a mason jar?? I also remember another thing she got from her occult studies was to have a item to use as a focal point in rituals or spells .

The store was called The blue Goddess.

I think the bear might be the UID's focal point.

I just exported the exclusion list into Excel and noticed no one excluded from these states:

Mississippi
South Dakota
Vermont

Not that that specifically means anything but I know I'll check the VT missing people to see if any might match. Good night all.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2636dfok.html I find Kimberly Doreen Mullens interesting... their faces look so similar down to the lips. Kimberly went missing in June of 1998 but from Oklahoma... so that doesn't seem as likely... but the similarity of the look... and Kims eyes are blue hazel...

kimmullens.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2636dfok.html I find Kimberly Doreen Mullens interesting... their faces look so similar down to the lips. Kimberly went missing in June of 1998 but from Oklahoma... so that doesn't seem as likely... but the similarity of the look... and Kims eyes are blue hazel...

kimmullens.jpg

J. Brannagh ... this is eerie - I had just done the exact same side by side comparison in Photoshop but put my computer down to eat dinner and then when I went to post it, you had already ... my thoughts exactly. Eye color isn't an issue since it was just a skeleton - Jane Doe's eyes could be any color.

I'm playing around a bit more in Photoshop and would swear this is a MATCH except for Kimberly's missing date not working and her height being 5'4" where Jane Doe is estimated 5'9" ... but even my husband is 100% convinced this is the exact same person when he saw the photo overlay match perfectly. Very strange. I'll post it in a minute.

Can anyone see these photos? They show up on my computer but not my smartphone! Not sure what I'm doing wrong - will try to resize them & re-post.
picture.php

I resized the photos to get both faces almost the exact same size, then took Jane Doe's photo and copied a layer (50% opacity) over Kimberly's face and it just disappeared ... it's such a perfect match except for the date Kimberly was reported to be missing (June '98) and Jane Doe was found Nov '98 but estimated time of death at least 8 months prior.

picture.php

This one I took Kimberly's face and copied a layer over Jane Doe's face - again, it disappears.

Thanks to J. Brannagh for posting the side by side comparison and gnsndr33 who originally posted Kimberly Doreen Mullens as a suggestion!

We've seen bigger discrepancies than 5'9" versus 5'4".

Six months versus eight months also doesn't seem like a big enough difference to make a ruleout. I say submit it.

We've seen bigger discrepancies than 5'9" versus 5'4".

Six months versus eight months also doesn't seem like a big enough difference to make a ruleout. I say submit it.

Thanks Carbuff - I was hoping you'd take a look since I suspect you have lots more experience with this ... I honestly don't know how to submit a potential match but can figure it out - unless someone else is willing/interested?

Re: height ... I also wondered if the 5'9" was a little generous - shoes found with the skeleton were a size 8 1/2 ... I realize there's no exact foot size to height ratio but I'm about 5'10" and wear size 10-11 ... just thought maybe the shoes are a bit small for someone that height

Hi Carbuff (or anyone more experienced with UID's)...

Both Jane Doe and Kimberly Doreen Mullens NAMUS files say DNA samples submitted/tests complete ... are they automatically checked against each other for a match? I'd just hate to submit this and be overlooking something basic.

Wow! Sunsetgirl that is AMAZING! They do look like an exact match... the thing that stands out from all the other girls pictures is the space between the mouth and nose which is a bit longer than is average... the chin seems to match up as well. And the fact they chose to make her lips thicker on the example is interesting as Kim has lips that are a match for that too. I realize the eye color and the thickness of the lips are added by the sculptor but it is interesting as they do lean toward the match with Kim...

Also the fact she went missing from Oklahoma... that is pretty far away... but doesn't rule her out entirely...

Great Photoshopping Skilzzz!

Can anyone see these photos? They show up on my computer but not my smartphone! Not sure what I'm doing wrong - will try to resize them & re-post.
picture.php

I resized the photos to get both faces almost the exact same size, then took Jane Doe's photo and copied a layer (50% opacity) over Kimberly's face and it just disappeared ... it's such a perfect match except for the date Kimberly was reported to be missing (June '98) and Jane Doe was found Nov '98 but estimated time of death at least 8 months prior.

picture.php

This one I took Kimberly's face and copied a layer over Jane Doe's face - again, it disappears.

Thanks to J. Brannagh for posting the side by side comparison and gnsndr33 who originally posted Kimberly Doreen Mullens as a suggestion!

picture.php

I was second guessing my Photoshop comparison posted last night (I was doing it fast & without my contacts in) so I did a more careful one - I know this is a crude overlay but it was the most precise way I know to make sure the main facial features really are in proportion. So, besides that this is only a 2-dimensional image, I feel confident in submitting it ... just concerned about the DNA since both Jane Doe & Kimberly Mullens have DNA on file - does anyone know if they automatically do comparisons or is it only upon request? I really don't want to waste anyone's time by submitting this to find out something so obvious.

Sunsetgirl, I don't think it would waste anyone's time... I think they would let you know if a comparison has already been done and would compare them if it hadn't... they get so many I wonder if they take the time to automatically check everyone. You should try it and see what happens!

When I first found kimberly while searching around ... she caught my eye because I thought she looked alot like this uid. I'm so glad yall see what I seen. I'm new at this.

I found Lori not sure of she has been brought up yet. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bova_lori.html

Both Lori Bova & Kimberly Mullens have similar circumstances for their disappearances ... both reportedly had arguments with their husbands the night before they went missing ...

Lori's husband reported her missing early the next morning (they had dined the previous evening with her sister) & Kimberly's family became suspicious after her husband claimed she ran off with another man (leaving behind a newborn baby & other young children) ... not sure how how much time passed between the date she was last seen alive & when people noticed her disappearance.

It seems kind of unlikely that either one of these women would have ended up in the location of Jane Doe but I'm sure stranger things have happened.

picture.php

The facial features didn't match up quite as well for Lori - she has more of a heart shaped face (especially noticeable in the pic of her smiling on The Charley Project page) whereas Jane Doe's is more of an elongated oval - totally jmo - I am NO expert on facial comparison (I just know how to fiddle around a bit in Photoshop) ... the time frame for Lori is more likely though.

The blue outlines are identical in size on each face even though it doesn't appear that way - must be an optical illusion.

Both women are listed as 5' 4".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back