Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2010/jul/23/todd23-ar-347623/

Thursday, July 22, 2010

snipped:

..."She was ready to leave because he promised her he would take care of the bills," Gillison said.

But Claiborne's colleague Kenni Robinson said Claiborne gave him a different account Monday while they were at work. She told Robinson that Solomon told her that he planned to move out Aug. 1 and that he had another girlfriend, Robinson recalled.

According to this account, Solomon had informed Claiborne of the $1,300 debt and told her she would be evicted if she didn't pay it...

In reference to where her son was found abandoned

...It is unclear why the boy was found there. "We found a possible connection between the mother and that apartment complex," said Chesterfield police Capt. Terry Patterson, declining to discuss the connection. "But we found no connection between him [Solomon] and that complex."

This is part of the reason I left Virginia. Not because of unsolved crimes specifically, but because IMO it seems that LE and the media there are caught up in a power struggle to maintain a hold over John Q Public by treating them like mushrooms.

I don't believe there is such a thread but I'd be happy to assist in it's creation. I too believe it would be a Godsend.

Look at these maps for me guys, and tell me what you think...

Tameka7.jpg

Tameka8.jpg

Tameka9.jpg

It seems unlikely that the area where Tameka's son was found was just a random drop off point. It looks as though whoever dumped the child purposely came to this area because it's fairly isolated. Notice the retention pond to it's immediate south.

I would imagine that the boy was dropped off after Tameka vanished, so the natural progression from her apartment to the location where the boy was found is southwest. This child was dumped nearby two area's that that stick out to me. To the south, do you see the green outline? That's Pocahontas State Park...and it's a BIG one, thick with winding roads and vegetation. And the blue area to the west? Swift Creek Reservior. What is it LE in Chesterfield has taught us lately about bodies found in water? Hmmmmm......

BBM Shutterfly.

I can certainly understand your frustration, with the lack of LE and Media attention, given to the numerous homicide and missing person cases, in Virginia. We have lived here for quite some time. It was only recently, that I found out about all of the unsolved murders in our state. My husband who has been here, for most of his life, had never heard of the Colonial Parkway Murders, the route 29 stalker, the East Coast Rapist and the Shenendoah Murders. Not to mention the coutless numbers of still missing persons in our state. We don't hear about these on the local news much, only when there is a high profile case (and even that is short lived). It's almost like they don't want to tarnish the" peaceful" image of our state. This makes me infuriated to no end.

I am trying to put a timeline together of the homicide/missing persons cases, but there are quite a few to list. Hopefully, I can put them together, in some sort of format and you can add in your expertise. I will try to improve upon my map skills, which are important in laying out the locations/distances of the crimes.

I am still a bit confused as to what forum it would go under, but will ask Tricia or one of the mods for clarification. I appreciate your help very much. Who knows it might help in some regard.

I am sure that some of these cases may be isolated incidences, but can't help but to wonder if some of them are connected to area serial killers, not yet found.

The list of missing and unsolved homicides are so long, I wonder if it would be better to list them in seperate threads. The problem with that, is it is harder to connect similarities when cases are divided up into differant threads/forums.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12857391

Close friend of person of interest in mother's disappearance talks

*snipped

HOPEWELL, VA (WWBT) - A close friend of a man police are calling a person of interest in the disappearance of a Richmond mother is speaking out.

Police want to talk to Michael Solomon about his girlfriend, Tameka Claiborne, who police believe is in danger. Solomon's best friend says Solomon wouldn't hurt a fly.

Darren Fenceroy is the boyfriend of Michael Solomon's sister and his closest friend. He and other friends say Solomon is a good person. Fenceroy says he has a problem with police calling Solomon a person of interest when they don't know what happened to either Solomon or Claiborne.

Fenceroy shared with NBC12 pictures of Solomon during happier times. He says Solomon and Claiborne talked about getting married. Fenceroy says he last spoke with Solomon this past Sunday.

"It looked like he wanted to ask for money, for help you know what I'm saying, but he just couldn't come out with it," said Fenceroy.

He's since tried Solomon's and Claiborne's cell phones, but only got voicemail.

"They don't know if two people are harmed here. They just saying a person of interest. You don't know if he's dead, or alive. You don't know if she's dead, or alive. What if they're dead together," said Fenceroy.

But police believe Claiborne is the one in danger. Detectives reportedly collected samples of red stains and personal belongings from her south Richmond apartment including her purse.

Claiborne disappeared Tuesday. The same day her three year old son was found wandering in Chesterfield. His car was spotted Wednesday in Hopewell. Fenceroy has this message for Solomon.

"I love you. Your family loves you. Your sister has been crying every night in the house. We just want to know if you're alright," said Fenceroy.

Maybe the abandoned the boy and ran off together?

I feel awful for his family. Just terrible. I am glad they are encourging him to call.

Also Why do you think the was dropped 3 year in that complex? Was it expected he would know where to go?

Why take the time to drop the child there?

The last facebook comment made by Tameka I can find is July 19th at 5:46 p.m. That was Monday of course.

It's over.....

http://www.wtvr.com/wtvr-body-found-charles-city-county-story,0,4837526.story

Boyfriend of Missing Mother, Tameka Claiborne, in Richmond City Jail as Body Found in Charles City

*snipped

CHARLES CITY COUNTY - A body has been found in Charles City County, near the Westover Plantation.

CBS 6 has spoken to the father of Tameka Claiborne, who says he has identified that body as his daughter. The 27-year-old mother of one disappeared from her Richmond apartment early this week. Police were alerted to her disappearance after her three-year-old son Malik was found alone in a Chesterfield apartment complex parking lot.

At about 10:30 a.m. Friday morning a man apparently arrived at a cottage on 7000 Westover road. He told police he discovered a body had washed up on small beach near the home.

The home is located about three miles from the Benjamin Harrison Memorial bridge.

R.I.P Tameka...

I was praying that he was just holding her hostage somewhere. Praying for that sweet little boy as he now has to grow up without his Mother. How very sad...

This is so sad... another child with no mother!!! Rest in Peace Tameka.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12859762

UPDATE: Body found in Charles City County

A man police first dubbed "a person of interest" in Claiborne's disappearance, Michael D. Solomon, turned himself in to Richmond police early this morning. He had been sought by police since the boy was found Tuesday night.

Solomon is in custody in the Richmond City Jail. He currently faces two charges: failure to pay child support and a weapons charge in Hopewell, according to Jerry Baldwin of the Richmond Police Department. He has not been charged with any connection to Claiborne's disappearance.

Police say he and Claiborne had a serious relationship and that although he has a address in Hopewell, he was living with her in the Blandy Avenue home.

This morning, an ambulance was called to the scene and according to Sgt. Tom Molnar of the Virginia State Police, the body has not been removed from the scene.

Around 10:30 a.m. this morning, a worker showed up to an uninhabited house near a small beach along the James River. He was there to clean the chimney. He was walking along the beach and came up on a body wrapped in bed linens.

According to a witness who briefly saw the body, it was wrapped tightly -- mummy style -- and was tied with a thin rope, similar to a phone cord.

(snipped and BBM)

HOLD UP....

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...nd-missing-woman-surrenders-police-ar-348259/

*snipped

The family members said they were under the impression the body had been identified as Tameka's, and they cited television news reports they had watched, including one they said reported Tameka’s father had identified the body. ¶

However, Booker said, "I didn’t identify my daughter’s body." He said police told him no family member could have identified the body.¶

The family later gathered in front of a television set and watched a Richmond police news conference in which Assistant Chief David M. McCoy said the body found this morning had not been positively identified as Tameka. ¶

I'm wondering if this Solomon guy smoked. According to the earlier article a cigarette butt was removed from her apartment along with other items.... DNA left wide open there!

How horrible! She was so young!! I must say I'm rather surprised to find he turned himself in. I can't say I'd do the same if I knew I might be suspected of murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back