GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to celebrate for this tomorrow night because I have to be up at 7am to do Christmas shopping. LOL. If I could drink a glass for each of you who has posted, I would !

:woohoo:

With all of this partying going on, where is Nurse at??? I haven't heard from her in a while, and she should be here for this! Not often that we get such great news! :waitasec:

At this point if he used "hope" or "expect" neither is firm that he will be back this week. :crazy:

LE may hold off on murder charges until he gets back to VA since there wouldn't be any basis in fighting extradition over the kidnapping charges alone. MOO

it's paralyzing, mentally crippling, twisted ...and I don't know how else to express what these types are capable of ---to not only children but adults as well. Maybe until you've been through it or had someone close that has....it just unimaginable....really. Hope you never really understand it. :innocent:

I will have to celebrate for this tomorrow night because I have to be up at 7am to do Christmas shopping. LOL. If I could drink a glass for each of you who has posted, I would !

:woohoo:
Did you ever hear anything back from your tip about seeing them that friday nite when they almost hit you? Now that they said they found the SUV in SE, I wonder if they were high tailing to that possible SE accomplice. Like the truck driver friend maybe? I think you probably did run into them that night.

Just called in the tip about the trucker FB friend. The woman I spoke to seemed genuinely interested. Would be crazy if this ends up being the case. At the end of the day, though, I just thank God Brittany is safe.

Picture1-5.png

The Safeway where they were located.

EDIT ; I just realized someone beat me to it. LOL.

haha - no need to apologize! :)

Well I totally missed your post and would have liked to have read it. I had been out Christmas shopping. My husband had taken our wireless down for a couple hours when I got home and then after he got it back on, I began to read the thread. I had so much catching up to do, that I was sort of rushing through. Then I am sitting here and WSLS comes on with a Breaking News report. After that, I totally was confused to see some posters talking about the FB cell phone thing or whatever you had posted about, and would be really interested at some point if you would be so kind as to give a brief recap of that. No rush though. (Or if you could tell me approximately when it was posted, and if I can get back to it, I can read it and save you the trouble of retyping it) TIA

Okay, everyone. I really need to pull away from the computer -- but I CAN'T! After sleuthing case after case, many with very bad/sad endings, it's just sooooo amazing and wonderful to have a good outcome. Yes, BS has a long road ahead of her, but she's alive and she'll be reunited with her family (well, her dad and other relatives). That is so AWESOME! So I think I'll hang out here a little bit longer - and enjoy the moment. :)

ETA: I'm sure she'll go through counseling for this ordeal and hopefully FINALLY get the help she needed after her brother died... :(

Just called in the tip about the trucker FB friend. The woman I spoke to seemed genuinely interested. Would be crazy if this ends up being the case. At the end of the day, though, I just thank God Brittany is safe.

:clap:

Picture1-5.png

The Safeway where they were located.

EDIT ; I just realized someone beat me to it. LOL.
Is that like a convenience store? There doesn't seem to be much of a parking lot, or is that not a street from where the photo was taken? :waitasec:

Brittany Smith is a VICTIM in this case.

Until and unless LE states she is a suspect, she is a VICTIM.

Therefore, no more speculating that she was involved in her mother's murder.

Thanks.

(Members are free to bump or repost this as needed.)

I can't think of the case...maybe some of you will...but an underage boy was questioned for something like 18 hours in the death of his younger sister. No parents present. No lawyer present. He kept telling them he didn't do it, but after a while just told them what they wanted to hear. I want to say he was found guilty but it may have been overturned later.

Sorry if this has already been answered I've fallen behind!

Are you thinking of Michael Crowe?

Is that like a convenience store? There doesn't seem to be much of a parking lot, or is that not a street from where the photo was taken? :waitasec:

Safeway is a grocery store chain.... Also, if you look at the aerial view, there's a huge parking lot to the right of the store (looking head on in this pic).

ETA: You can see the parking lot in the small aerial shot in the corner of Japandaaa's photo

I am glad you called it in. If nothing else, this case CLEARLY illustrates the importance of the media reports and the public's awareness and willingness to get involved. It would have been just as easy for that SafeWay employee to think to him/herself "that sort of looks like the people I saw on Nancy Grace, but nahhh.... it probably isn't." Imagine if that had happened!!! I would be going blind again tomorrow trying to find silver Dodge Neon's in traffic in Georgia!! :crazy:

Did you ever hear anything back from your tip about seeing them that friday nite when they almost hit you? Now that they said they found the SUV in SE, I wonder if they were high tailing to that possible SE accomplice. Like the truck driver friend maybe? I think you probably did run into them that night.

I talked to one of the detectives today and gave them my full story. They also asked me if I had seen his vehicle anywhere around the area before. It was simple yet I told them all details and at the end, they told me thank you because what I had given them helped a lot. I'm still kind of clueless. I was thinking what if they dropped his SUV off with someone who then took it to another location ? I hope they fingerprinted everything just in case there was another party involved.

This is such a wonderful time for this child and her family! I am very relieved! :woohoo:

At the same time, let's all remember that we do NOT blame the minor victim in this tragedy. That is just wrong. Unless there is a MSM story about someone being involved, we are not going to speculate about such things on WS.

I had a friend who was murdered by her minor daughter's BF years ago. He took off with the daughter and all kinds of crap was being said about her. She was 17 IIRC. Well, they found her alive with him and guess what? She didn't want to go with him even though he had been her BF! He killed her MOTHER! And hearing the speculation it just about killed the rest of the family at the same time.

So we're not going there.

Let's rejoice instead!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members