GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wish we had someone here that could explain what all his tattoos are and the meaning behind them. Click on search and then click on his info again to see them. Allow for time for the link to load....very slow!

http://65.216.194.249:8081/IML

Here is my take on the meaning of his tattoos: They have no meaning. All of the tats that he apparently has are ones you can find one the wall of any tattoo shop. That is, they are cheap and you don't have to pay the tattoo artist anything extra for drawing the tat, nor do you have to pay anyone for designing one for you. You can wake up and say 'hey I want a tat', walk into the nearest shop, look at the pics on the wall and say 'oh, I want that one.' 20 minutes & 50 bucks later, you've got yourself a generic tattoo. IMO

JMO and :twocents:, but we should take it for what it is and glean what is important or we feel is "sleuthable" here at WS. We may not agree with the way they conversing, but some info, like the tats I found are credible.

Just sayin' maybe take it with a box of salt and leave the yuk to them. :waitasec:

When I read this, I thought of slugs and snails, slimy trails, and what salt does to them. Thanks for the laugh. :) Good point--some useful stuff may come out. I'm just not going to go mining over there. I'm supposed to be keeping to a low-salt diet. (lol).

I am really surprised, even horrified, that BS attended the celebration today, and was able to take the microphone and pose for pictures afterwards! I feel like some sort of twisted, demented vouyeristic pervert for being horrified about it! The truth is, I am very confused and worried. I am THRILLED beyond belief that BS is alive and home with her family. I am worried sick for reasons too numerous to name, but one of them is the emotional stability of a 12 year old girl who was already emotionally unstable. From what I have observed, she had not recovered from the death of her brother, and now she has the additional nightmare of the death of her Mother and situations with JE that are beyond our ability to grasp at this point in time. You just can't go through something like she has without TIME to heal. I am really worried in a situation where others are celebrating!!! :( Maybe I will learn something new here. :waitasec:

I think it is kind of weird for the town, or whoever is encouraging these celebrations, to be doing so...in the midst of a murder investigation, a time of mourning, so many questions, etc...and then I think I'm wrong for thinking it is wrong...:(

I think it is kind of weird for the town, or whoever is encouraging these celebrations, to be doing so...in the midst of a murder investigation, a time of mourning, so many questions, etc...and then I think I'm wrong for thinking it is wrong...:(

BBM - I know, right???? Glad to know it isn't just me!!!

So many times children do not make it back alive. I think people want to celebrate this small victory. Let's face it the outcomes of these types of situation are bad more often than good. There is reason to celebrate the fact that she's alive. All the odds were against her that she would be.

I trust that she has a victims advocate that is working closely with her family to decide what is right for her. Nobody should look down on her for smiling. Her mother is gone and yes that is a terrible and sad thing but she is alive when everything else says that she should not be. She should be allowed to smile about that without being looked down upon.

No, it's just not youz... I was shocked to read that only 50 people showed up today for Brittany's Love fest or whatever it is. What with the Nationwide manhunt, amber alerts, her Mother is found dead?!?!

The silence of the community tells me alot.

This is my take on the issue of this case being widely and sometimes wildly talked about.

This was/is a highly publicized case of a missing pre-teen that went on for over a week in the news, on the internet, and in our lives. That publicity sparked a wide-spread interest that is, in good part, responsible for her having been found alive and well by that wonderful, great Samaritan. That being said, the rest of us on the sidelines have been hooked in. Natural human curiosity wants the basic who, what, where, when and why questions answered. As well as, how do we/I prevent this from happening again? What are the signs for which we/I should be on the lookout?

With the currently available technology at our fingertips, we are in a new reality. A reality in which, I am afraid, it will be very difficult to shield true victims from online discussions and their permanency.

As to the issue of relying on FB for facts, I don’t. I am capable of giving proper weight to info based on its source.

For me personally, I am challenged by a good puzzle, just stumbled upon this case, became fascinated at how it has been unfolding and am an eternal optimist that justice will prevail in the end. (Note: And I am well aware that this puzzle involves living, breathing, feeling human beings and trying my best to be sensitive to that.)

As to BS&#8217;s future, <modsnip>, she may need a good course in the E******** S**** of Utah school of learning to live and thrive after a tragedy. There is no victim there in that beautiful young woman&#8217;s demeanor. For BS there is now no getting around the fact that so many have been drawn into this story and that it will follow her everywhere for the rest of her life. This is now just a fact, her new reality, with which she will have to learn to live.

I am really surprised, even horrified, that BS attended the celebration today, and was able to take the microphone and pose for pictures afterwards! I feel like some sort of twisted, demented vouyeristic pervert for being horrified about it! The truth is, I am very confused and worried. I am THRILLED beyond belief that BS is alive and home with her family. I am worried sick for reasons too numerous to name, but one of them is the emotional stability of a 12 year old girl who was already emotionally unstable. From what I have observed, she had not recovered from the death of her brother, and now she has the additional nightmare of the death of her Mother and situations with JE that are beyond our ability to grasp at this point in time. You just can't go through something like she has without TIME to heal. I am really worried in a situation where others are celebrating!!! :( Maybe I will learn something new here. :waitasec:

I have read just about everything on the FB page being discussed...with the same morbid curiosity one would view an auto accident. I also watched the original Help Bring/Find BS page and was somewhat taken aback when it was posted on such a completely open forum that a memorial for TS would be held ... I was startled when it was posted that a "celebration" would be held, the very next day after the TS memorial, to welcome BS home. I thought it seemed crass, ill-timed and just plain bizarre when one thinks of what the girl and her family have been though. I thought that the two women who created the Find BS page were, now, exploiting BS or the situation... possibly riding the coat tail of TS's death and BS's abduction for an extended 15 minutes of fame. At the risk of sounding cynical, I wonder what they have in mind to do now that these events are done.

So many times children do not make it back alive. I think people want to celebrate this small victory. Let's face it the outcomes of these types of situation are bad more often than good. There is reason to celebrate the fact that she's alive. All the odds were against her that she would be.

I trust that she has a victims advocate that is working closely with her family to decide what is right for her. Nobody should look down on her for smiling. Her mother is gone and yes that is a terrible and sad thing but she is alive when everything else says that she should not be. She should be allowed to smile about that without being looked down upon.

I think the community was just wanting to show the family and BS that they had support. BS has been traumatized something terrible and it's far from over. I'm hoping and trusting the media will keep their distance from her after today... now that we've all witnessed she is alive, healthy and with people who love, care and support her. I'm sure her father will monitor any websites she may be given access to in the future if there are any--- that will probably be a discussion in counseling....as well as the media..and all that goes with it. If she does decide in the future, as an adult, to search for any info on herself thru the web, she will have the intellect to take it and see it for what it is: People's opinions 10 or 15 years earlier...Hopefully, she'll be in college and preparing for her future or settled in her career/personal life and could care less what others thought or said that were unflattering. She's experienced the bad of bads already in Mr. Easley. Maybe by that time, someone will have figured out how to zap certain info from the web too....who knows. ?

It was nice for that celebration in town, but I really hope this young girl does not think she is a celebraty staus now, because that will do more damage to her.

I saw it written that she never had a tear drop at mom's funeral.
A day later able to have a celebration and make a little speech.
Call me old fashioned but so soon?
No grieving time?
I do not understand.......I thought everything would be more private.
"Brittany, returned to her family Monday, sat through the service with her father Benjamin Smith and other relatives at her side. Dressed in black, she kept her dark hair curtained around her face and at times wiped away tears."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/271266

It is very rural there. Maybe they are more innocent-minded and could not see how this would not be appropriate. The girl did not seem to bothered by it and seemed happy to be celebrated. She knows she is loved regardless what happened.

I sent the admin the link to his western va inmate profile yesterday. He or She posted it up quickly.

wanting to gain BS as a parent? Oh I call BS on this and so will the DA. BS HAS A LEGAL FATHER!

Just wanted to day that it has been mentioned that this "celebration to Welcome Brittany home" was originally planned as a candel light vigil to pray for her safe return.

snipped from article:
Wallace says they don't know how much money was raised for the Smith family tonight. All of the donations were given in sealed envelops. She says they did not open the envelopes and gave them directly to Ben Smith.

Is anyone else a little bothered by this? What exactly does the Smith family need this money for? The dad is a police officer and I'm sure has excellent medical benefits that will pay for all the counseling Brittany will need. Personally, I would be a lot less bothered if the money collected would have been donated to a missing child's organization. But maybe it's just me.

Another video of her welcome home celebration:

wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-welcome-home-celebration-for-b-121910,0,5260220.story

snipped from article:
Wallace says they don't know how much money was raised for the Smith family tonight. All of the donations were given in sealed envelops. She says they did not open the envelopes and gave them directly to Ben Smith.

Is anyone else a little bothered by this? What exactly does the Smith family need this money for? The dad is a police officer and I'm sure has excellent medical benefits that will pay for all the counseling Brittany will need. Personally, I would be a lot less bothered if the money collected would have been donated to a missing child's organization. But maybe it's just me.

This event was not organized by BS or her father. They did not ask for donations. There were 40-50 people there. No one has any idea how much money was collected or what her father's plans are for the money. For all we know, he could very well donate it. I don't see it as a problem b/c they were not a part of asking for it to begin with.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back