Found Deceased VA - Ty Sauer, 18, Shenandoah National Park, 22 April 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score

Culpeper Star-Exponent

18-year-old still missing from Shenandoah National Park
''Shenandoah National Park on Friday issued a Missing Person poster and alert for an 18-year-old white male.

Ty Sauer was last seen on the evening of Thursday, April 22 at Mile 35 on Skyline Drive in the park's central section near Luray. The National Park Service lists Pinnacles Overlook, with an auto-accessible overlook and parking area at Mile 35.1 on the scenic route.

Sauer was described as 6'3", 187 pounds, with short, dirty blond hair, brown eyes and glasses. He was last seen wearing a blue hoodie, blue Christmas pajama bottoms and white sneakers.

Trained search and rescue professionals and support staff, as well as two dog teams are assisting with the operation, according to a park post Friday evening. Anyone who has seen Sauer is asked to call 800/732-0911.''

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-24_17-20-0.png
    upload_2021-4-24_17-20-0.png
    73 bytes · Views: 44
Just realized that Ty is from NJ. and was wearing his (Christmas) pajama bottoms when he left home! rbbm.

20663648_G.jpeg

Searching for missing young man from New Jersey
''According to a release, 18-year-old Ty Sauer of New Jersey was last seen Thursday evening near mile 35 on Skyline Drive.

He is 6-foot-3 and weighs 187 pounds. He has short, dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and he wears glasses.

The release says Sauer was wearing a blue hoodie, blue pajama bottoms, and white sneakers when he left his home.

Anyone with information about Sauer’s whereabouts is asked to call (800) 732-0911.''

There is a comment to the post about Ty on the Shenandoah National Park Facebook page. It's from one of Ty's relatives, giving more information about how he went missing. It explains a lot more and does sound like he may have wandered off Skyline Road into the park.

Facebook

Oh My, that is so sad....according to the FB FamilY Search info, he totalled his car in an accident....in the park area...1st responders followed his tracks but he went deeper and deeper into the woods, they tracked his cell but it died...they used drones and then a helicopter and found his clothes strewn about the area...

So it looks like he may have hypothermia and dehydration, which makes the victim take off clothes as they feel hot, even though they are the opposite...:(

So tragic, I hope he is found in time...

Oh My, that is so sad....according to the FB FamilY Search info, he totalled his car in an accident....in the park area...1st responders followed his tracks but he went deeper and deeper into the woods, they tracked his cell but it died...they used drones and then a helicopter and found his clothes strewn about the area...

So it looks like he may have hypothermia and dehydration, which makes the victim take off clothes as they feel hot, even though they are the opposite...:(

So tragic, I hope he is found in time...
There are very sharp curves on the roads and large trees.

Hope he is found soon.

Terrible situation, was not even a hiker. The FB post @Betty P mentioned indicates he had some type of break from reality, and he just ran off into the woods. The area is going through a cold snap, and it has been very raining and cold. The night he went missing, that area of Virginia was having temperatures in the low 30s. I hope he is found </3

Updated April 25 at 8:11 PM

HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) — The search for Ty Sauer continues more than three days after the 18 year old was last seen.

The Shenandoah National Park sent out an update Sunday, saying Sauer may be wearing gray Nike shorts with black stripes, calf-high white socks and yellow hospital booties with non-slip threads.

Park officials say staff, 15 search-and-rescue cooperators, five dog teams and a helicopter fly-over are supporting the search.

Hannah Run Trail, Catlett Spur Trail, Catlett Mountain Trail, Corbin Cabin Cutoff, Nicholson Hollow and Hazel Mountain Trail are all closed until further notice while teams continue to search those areas.

Shenandoah Nat’l Park continues search for missing teen

Ty Sauer is described as a 6′ 3″, 187-pound, white, 18-year-old male with short, dirty blonde hair. He has brown eyes and might be wearing glasses, gray Nike shorts, calf-high white socks and yellow hospital booties with non-slip treads. The park says Sauer was last seen at mile 35 of Skyline Drive.

Why the hospital booties?

Ty Sauer is described as a 6′ 3″, 187-pound, white, 18-year-old male with short, dirty blonde hair. He has brown eyes and might be wearing glasses, gray Nike shorts, calf-high white socks and yellow hospital booties with non-slip treads. The park says Sauer was last seen at mile 35 of Skyline Drive.

Theres a screenshot of another post at the Facebook link for Shenandoah NP. Describes an incident prior to him leaving home.

The comment is circled with red

He had a reaction to a medication and ended up in the hospital. (NJ) When he was released from the hospital he went home, then took off in his car, and drove to Shenandoah. The information is found in the link posted in #4 above.

Oh noooo....what a catastrophe. He had some kind of bad reaction, was having a meltdown, totalled his car then ran into the woods during freezing temps in the rain...His poor family must be going out of their minds...he is just a baby still....:(

Oh noooo....what a catastrophe. He had some kind of bad reaction, was having a meltdown, totalled his car then ran into the woods during freezing temps in the rain...His poor family must be going out of their minds...he is just a baby still....:(

I feel so badly for his mom. Hopefully he's still ok and perhaps the medication will wear off. I'd never heard about that before but it sounds very dangerous, especially for an acne medication.

I feel so badly for his mom. Hopefully he's still ok and perhaps the medication will wear off. I'd never heard about that before but it sounds very dangerous, especially for an acne medication.
I didn’t know either but after reading, it seems besides the serious mental health effects it can damage vital organs like the liver and pancreas, it requires monitoring of liver enzymes while using and there have been lawsuits after tragic outcomes possibly associated with its usage.
Bella Thorne was outspoken about it causing her depression.
All of the side effects are associated with well known effects of Vitamin A overdose.

I hope they find him safe, and soon.

The Truth About Whether Accutane Can Actually Cause Depression | SELF

Questions & Answers: Does Accutane cause depression? - Harvard Health

There is a comment to the post about Ty on the Shenandoah National Park Facebook page. It's from one of Ty's relatives, giving more information about how he went missing. It explains a lot more and does sound like he may have wandered off Skyline Road into the park.

Facebook

Would you give a synopsis for those of us who don't have Facebook accounts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back