VA VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if it's because they don't know who the boy is?

How could a witness see the perp's pants but couldn't tell his ethnicity? I hope if this did happen, that he is found soon!

The Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office says the abduction occurred at around 1:30 p.m. Thursday near Smith Station Road and Holleybrooke Drive.

A neighbor told investigators he had seen the blue van in the area in the last couple of days. The witness says he called police after he saw a man force the boy inside the van and sped off, running stop signs to get away quickly.
Residential area, but many of the houses are not facing the road.
http://goo.gl/maps/so77w

0704abduct4.jpg

Good visual of the scene with bike.

A single witness said that a 12- or 13-year-old boy was walking down Hollybrooke Drive in the 10800 block, when a blue workvan pulled alongside him when he stopped next to a bike. A driver may have reached across the car and pulled the boy into the passenger’s side, Pearce said. The witness told police the boy was screaming and hollering. The car left the neighborhood at highway speeds.

The suspect was described as white or Hispanic, in mid- 20s or early 30s, wearing a white open neck undershirt with dark pants or jeans.

Spotsylvania issued a be-on-the-lookout notice. The FBI was enroute.

http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2013/07/04/spotsy-investigating-possible-abduction/

Thanks for posting this. I didn't read this description in the article I read. This makes it much more clear.

A single witness said that a 12- or 13-year-old boy was walking down Hollybrooke Drive in the 10800 block, said spokesman Capt. Jeff Pearce, when a blue workvan pulled alongside him when he stopped next to a bike. A driver may have reached across the car and pulled the boy into the passenger’s side, Pearce said. The witness told police the boy was screaming and resisting.
http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2013/07/04/spotsy-investigating-possible-abduction/

I had to read this again. The boy was not riding a bike, he was walking, and stopped to look at a bike that was laying on the ground.

Per the news here.... the police say the witness is very credible. The boy is described as 12-13 yrs old, 5' 1", approx 60-70lbs with brown hair and wearing a red and white stipped shirt with blue cargo type shorts.

They should have a sketch artist perhaps work with the witness and release a drawing. jmo

Also.. the truck is described as a blue Ford or Chevy work van with tinted windows and white on the back from a repair or patch job. Driver described as white or hispanic in his 20's or 30's.

The suspect was described as white or Hispanic, in mid- 20s or early 30s.

He was thought to be wearing a black shirt and black pants that were dirty like he had been coming from a work site, Pearce said this evening, as the investigation continued and police learned more about the situation.

Police don’t know if the child was visiting or lives in the area, but crews have been contacting everyone in the neighborhood and surrounding areas.

“The child was fighting and trying to get away and screaming for help,” Pearce said. Police don’t know which way the van left after speeding up Holleybrooke Drive, and was apparently running stop signs. “For that reason, we do want to treat this as an abduction.”

But Pearce said that since it’s early in the day, parents may not know that their child is missing. The department has not received any calls about a missing child, or that this could have been a situation with a parent leaving with an unruly child, Pearce said.

If this was a parent and unruly child, I doubt the child would be screaming for help. This is so very scary, thank God for the observant neighbor!!

There have been no reports of a missing child? This is scary. Thank God for the neighbor.

They are going all out with the FBI and a large command center now

i just made my almost 13 yr old read this article. and he wonders why i am the way i am. ugh. prayers for this kid...

How could a witness see the perp's pants but couldn't tell his ethnicity? I hope if this did happen, that he is found soon!

Honestly, I am TERRIBLE at determining some ethnicities. Because I have Sicilians in my family, my perception of "dark skinned" is very skewed. I can often tell by facial features if i get a long enough look, but I have been know to mistake African Americans for Americans of European descent. Especially if it's the summer and people are tan.

What time did this happen? You would think by now that it would of been on the news and a parent might be thinking by now that he could be their son.

What time did this happen? You would think by now that it would of been on the news and a parent might be thinking by now that he could be their son.

They could be at a bbq or something. And the streetlights aren't on yet. If 10pm rolls around and no one has come forward, that'll be different.

1:40 PM-

Not necessarily, I can see a parent not being overly concerned yet. But the thing is, LE is going door to door and helicopters are flying over the area. The scene where it happened is cordoned off, that's a lot of activity for someone who lives in the area to miss? Parent(s) could also be working too I guess.

Still hoping against the odds, that this is not what it appears to be.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Btoole5
Back