MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:gaah: That still says nothing!

Yes, it is in the comments. It was mentioned as a tease in the 5:00 news and several of the posters commented on what they heard. You can also go to twitter and put in #vandytrial and see more.

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 14s14 seconds ago
A juror in the #VandyTrial failed to disclose they were a victim of rape themselves. Now defense wants verdict thrown out. More at 6pm @nc5

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 1m1 minute ago
A juror in the #VandyTrial failed to disclose they were a victim of rape themselves. Now defense wants verdict thrown out. More at 6pm @nc5

Unreal.

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 1m1 minute ago

Unreal.

BFD....They are going to try anything to get them off. I don't think it will work. So what if a juror was raped? :waitasec: They defense helped pick the jury.

BFD....They are going to try anything to get them off. I don't think it will work. So what if a juror was raped? :waitasec: They defense helped pick the jury.

I wondered if they ( Defense ) knew this all along and kept it quiet? In case it all went wrong. The problem was the Juror didn't disclose it. Would that cause a mistrial?

It seems like the reporter sounds thrilled about a posibility of the convicted rapist who were caught on tape may be going to be required to have a new trial. This guy seems elated that the victim's justice will be prolonged. This reporter has just shown me that he is ecstatic about this. Welcome to journalism 101. He doesnt seem upset. He seems like he just won the lotto. So sad.

I wondered if they ( Defense ) knew this all along and kept it quiet? In case it all went wrong. The problem was the Juror didn't disclose it. Would that cause a mistrial?

Defense could say they would have ditched her if they had known? Wonder where she was in the order they were chosen?

Attorneys can continue to charge these defendants more money for appeals but IMO the result will be the same. When one of the defendants asked "what went wrong" leads me to believe that defense attorney's had sold the idea that the outcome would be different. I believe this conviction will stand appeal. They should go for it and find out.

JMO

The only way the defendants can hope to get a minimum sentence is if they waive their right to a new trial and accept responsibility. Now if they decide to let the dt go through with these shenanigans, then judge will show no pity later on.

On a side note:
Dartmouth college will now ban hard alcohol and on top of that starting next year there will be a 4 year mandatory program.

Dartmouth will introduce a comprehensive and mandatory four-year sexual violence prevention and education program for students, as well as a first-responder training program for faculty and staff. We will develop this program by the end of summer 2015 and immediately begin piloting it during the fall 2015 semester.

https://www.dartmouth.edu/~president/forward/plan.html

Dartmouth bans hard alcohol on campus:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dartmouth-unveils-plans-to-curb-high-risk-drinking-sexual-assault/

Will it help anything at all?

Per Channel 5's Chris Conte, Live Report~ one of the jurors was raped 20 years ago and didn't disclose that. Fletcher Long, says he will be filing a motion to vacate this Jury. DA Funk said he is quite confident that this will not happen. Nothing will probably be said or done tho, until sentencing.

Per Channel 5's Chris Conte, Live Report~ one of the jurors was raped 20 years ago and didn't disclose that. Fletcher Long, says he will be filing a motion to vacate this Jury. DA Funk said he is quite confident that this will not happen. Nothing will probably be said or done tho, until sentencing.

:rolleyes:

Attorneys can continue to charge these defendants more money for appeals but IMO the result will be the same. When one of the defendants asked "what went wrong" leads me to believe that defense attorney's had sold the idea that the outcome would be different. I believe this conviction will stand appeal. They should go for it and find out.

JMO

Yes. The defendants asked the lawyer what went wrong. And the lawyer said; You dumb asses filmed the rape. Lol

"It would've been useful to know this information in a case that had some of the same types of scenarios and allegations to which [the juror] had been a victim. It’s incredible they didn’t think that information was warranted," said Fletcher Long, who defended Brandon Vandenburg in the high-profile rape case.

"It could cause a mistrial, it could cost the entire case," he added.

The overriding question Long said, is whether or not the juror lied during the vetting process when asked about his or her history with the judicial system.

Long said he remembers questioning this particular juror and was never informed the person was a victim of rape.

"I sincerely hope the government investigates this individual and this matter," Long added.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...nderbilt-Rape-Trial-Thrown-Out-290265591.html

They will, when they are ever released from Prison will be Life Time Sexual Offender Registry.

Mmmmmppfff. Whenever it is that they get out of prison and try to find work (!!) that tag will really hurt. Lifetime. In addition to their felony charges. Too bad for them. And I'm sure plans for appeals are already dancing in their parents heads.... What grounds?

Vandenberg served his victim up like a pizza to his friends. Remember he could have put her to bed in her own apartment or put her to bed somewhere. Instead he dragged her into his room and invited a bunch of guys in to have their way with her. What a pig.

And I firmly believe had Vandenberg been able to get an erection he too would have had sex with her. He tried, he just couldn't.

Exactly, Mad-74. He had it the next day. What a pig.

Yes, he did say that--I bet the mom thought he was going to get NG. He clearly was blindsided by the verdict and the channel 4 newscaster said he asked his attorney, "what happened"? How he could sit there and watch the video and not know that he was going to jail is a mystery to me. This case was a slam dunk. All I can figure is that his family and maybe attorneys filled his head with sugarplums and told him it was all going to go away.

Instead he is going to go away. I'm very happy:)

I can see the parents trying to boost him up -- I mean he was their pride & joy -- a tight end at a school like Vandy -- wow!! No reason to let this little indiscretion screw all that up. The University needs good football players and he is destined to be a star. He's got a good atty or two, right? But I can't see his attys sugar-coating this case for him. They had to know that in spite of their brilliant defensive tactics, that the film would really make things look really bad. But, of course, their client didn't really touch her, thank goodness. No way he'll be found guilty because of what Batey did, right?? Maybe the last two charges which are nothing, really. He should be good to go, right?
icon8.png

icon6.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish