MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What concerns me about this case comes as a result of listening to comments of callers to Channel 5 News which is doing the live stream. I'm surprised, even shocked, at the thought process of many of the callers who don't recognize the acts committed as rape.
You know, the "boys will be boys" mentality. This makes me wonder if some of the jurors may suffer from the same narrow-mindedness.

Yes, think it's very likely that some jurors will have that viewpoint. This is a case where I'd really like to hear what the the jurors say during deliberations.

Selecting two Alternates now~

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 21s21 seconds ago
Two alternate jurors just sequestered. They will remain inside courthouse in case they are needed @nc5 #vandytrial

WZTV FOX 17 ‏@wztv_fox17 now
The two alternates are now being selected. They will sit in courthouse unless chosen to replace someone on jury of 12 in deliberations.

Swearing in the Court Officers now as well.

The Jury will have lunch first, they cannot discuss the case during lunch~

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 3m3 minutes ago
REMINDER: We'll be on the air throughout jury deliberation. Stay with us for updates. #VandyTrial #NC5

NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 16s17 seconds ago
The judge has finished charging the jury. Deliberations will begin immediately after lunch. Live coverage continues on NC5+ #VandyTrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 1m1 minute ago
Jury officially begins deliberation in the rape charges against Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey at 12:24pm CST @nc5 #vandytrial

I hope the two commentators on that TV station remain on. I think they remain very professional and knowledgeable even when faced with some callers that make the little hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I hope the two commentators on that TV station remain on. I think they remain very professional and knowledgeable even when faced with some callers that make the little hair on the back of my neck stand up.

They said they were going to be, and yes they did! I tweeted to Nick Beres saying I hope they do the same in the Holly Bobo case, if it ever goes to trial.

Nick Beres ‏@NC5_NickBeres now7 seconds ago
JURY to deliberate in Vandy rape trial. Join us NOW on Plus and http://Newschannel5.com . We will be here until verdict!#vandyrape#

They said they were going to be, and yes they did! I tweeted to Nick Beres saying I hope they do the same in the Holly Bobo case, if it ever goes to trial.

I think Hernandez may be the next televised trial coming up. I had hoped the mother who allegedly overdosed his son on salt would be shown. I think her head has to be a very sick place.

More scary phone calls still to come Lyric!

I want to know the race and sex of the final 12 jurors -- which 2 are alternates?

I think it was 7 females and 5 males, but the alternates I do not know. I think it's great the Judge didn't discharge the alternates in case someone gets sick or something.

I think it was 7 females and 5 males, but the alternates I do not know. I think it's great the Judge didn't discharge the alternates in case someone gets sick or something.

Like the guy on tv just said 'One of these jurors could keel over and you've already dismissed the alternatives...:eek:

1 male and 1 female is alternate's 8 Women 4 Men. on side note the female alternate is a nurse.

NewsChannel 5 retweeted
NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS 3m3 minutes ago
They've closed the door to the deliberation room. Stay with us for updates on a verdict. #VandyTrial #NC5

Nick Beres sure seems certain there will be a verdict today!

I've got my tv turned up to hear Nick Beres and right now some of the callers get it. Of course there are a couple want lesser of the charges.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru
Back