MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For those not listening to Nick Beres: Jury compostion: 8 women 4 men; 9 white 3 black; 2 doctors.

So I wonder.....

While sitting here eating my shrimp cocktail for lunch, yes I have 8 beautiful shrimp with lemon and cocktail sauce...

What are Batey and Vanderburg eating, are they saying goodbyes to their family?

I wondered what is going through their minds, if the Jury comes back guilty on the most serious of charges they will not get to go pass go, they cannot collect $200.. they go directly to jail.

All the things I am enjoying right at this moment, I wonder, if they are really taking this seriously and savoring there last moments of freedom?

So I wonder.....

While sitting here eating my shrimp cocktail for lunch, yes I have 8 beautiful shrimp with lemon and cocktail sauce...

What are Batey and Vanderburg eating, are they saying goodbyes to their family?I wondered what is going through their minds, if the Jury comes back guilty on the most serious of charges they will not get to go pass go, they cannot collect $200.. they go directly to jail.

All the things I am enjoying right at this moment, I wonder, if they are really taking this seriously and savoring there last moments of freedom?

I want your lunch! :giggle:

Did you catch that today is Batey's 21st Birthday? If we do get a verdict today, oh boy!

Nick Beres (sp?) has some taped conversations he had with Vanderberg coming shortly.

Nick Beres is now playing the Victims testimony and he will play it all.

I want your lunch! :giggle:

Did you catch that today is Batey's 21st Birthday? If we do get a verdict today, oh boy!

Oh yeah I did! Happy Birthday, sure hope he is enjoying it.

I think Hernandez may be the next televised trial coming up. I had hoped the mother who allegedly overdosed his son on salt would be shown. I think her head has to be a very sick place.

I just read an article on the mom, they started Monday with 90 potential Jurors.

Oh yeah I did! Happy Birthday, sure hope he is enjoying it.

Just catching up now,,,observations...Long is good enough to get his client off with no jail time...I don't like that but it is sure possible....Corey Batey's attorney is one of the worst I have ever seen and he is going to get nailed. As for the judge and reading of the instructions...well it is obvious they are so long and confusing that the jury will struggle with them and at the end of the day that usually works to the defendants benefit...jury tends to error on their side and go down on the charges. I hate this aspect of the system ...with a lay jury there should be very clear instructions to avoid verdicts that may not even be intended. Very sorry to see the nurse go...very sorry...that is not good. Based on the call ins for channel 5 this is going to be a tough deliberation and I don't think it will be today. Are they sequestered for the verdict phase? Also is there a text message we can sign up for on this...I really don't want to miss the verdict on this one.

Just catching up now,,,observations...Long is good enough to get his client off with no jail time...I don't like that but it is sure possible....Corey Batey's attorney is one of the worst I have ever seen and he is going to get nailed. As for the judge and reading of the instructions...well it is obvious they are so long and confusing that the jury will struggle with them and at the end of the day that usually works to the defendants benefit...jury tends to error on their side and go down on the charges. I hate this aspect of the system ...with a lay jury there should be very clear instructions to avoid verdicts that may not even be intended. Very sorry to see the nurse go...very sorry...that is not good. Based on the call ins for channel 5 this is going to be a tough deliberation and I don't think it will be today. Are they sequestered for the verdict phase? Also is there a text message we can sign up for on this...I really don't want to miss the verdict on this one.

As far as I know, the door is locked on the jury, but only the Alternates are sequestered.
As far as a text message, I don't know, I only use my desktop or tablet, neither has phone service on them.
I just keep with twitter, for channel 5, they might have something on their site.
Maybe someone else here knows of something to sign up for.

thanks...i think it may come tomorrow but assume they are not going home tonight and are sequestered

So I wonder.....

What are Batey and Vanderburg eating, are they saying goodbyes to their family?

I wondered what is going through their minds, if the Jury comes back guilty on the most serious of charges they will not get to go pass go, they cannot collect $200.. they go directly to jail.

Now you have me searching the freezer for shrimp.

thanks...i think it may come tomorrow but assume they are not going home tonight and are sequestered

I think the jury goes home at night during deliberations. I believe the alternates must stay in the courthouse while the jury is deliberating, but like the jurors they go home at night.

While the nurse was dismissed as an alternate, I heard there are 2 doctors on the jury panel of 12.

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte 35s35 seconds ago
If the jury can't reach a verdict by 4:30pm today judge has said they will be sent home for the day and brought back tomorrow. #vandytrial

Unless of course they say they are close and then the Judge may let them stay later.

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 5m5 minutes ago
#vandytrial defendants with family members and attorneys in and out of court, alleged victim on diff. floor w/supporters& prosecutors @WKRN

I'll be surprised if they reach a verdict today. They have a lot of charges to go through and discuss.

Per Nick Bere's on open line:

The attorneys are meeting with the Judge in chambers. Nick thinks it may have to do with jury leaving or staying if they want to stay longer, otherwise 4:30.

Judge is in court with all people and now the Jury is being brought in, for a question... looks like Count 8. Destruction of Evidence.

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS 47s48 seconds ago
We're live from the courtroom. The judge is bringing in the jury. They have a question about count 8. #VerdictWatch #VandyTrial #NC5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back