Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sachak sarcastically suggested the photos show Smich in the state of fear and shock he testified to.

“That’s you, SAY 10, the genius, giving two thumbs up,” Millard’s lawyer said — a reference to Smich’s demonic rap nickname and the closing line Smich uses in a violent, self-referential rap video of himself shown to the jury — “two weeks after Mr. Bosma was killed and all of the physical evidence pointing to you was gone, gone.”

That last line was a reference to earlier evidence of Smich telling his girlfriend that Bosma was “gone, gone,” before he was arrested and charged with his murder."

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ust-have-lied-jury-at-bosma-murder-trial-told

Sorry, I'm still not getting where you are referencing that those rap lyrics were written in the 2 weeks following the murder. The photograph was taken almost 2 weeks after the murder, but that does not indicate when the lyrics to that rap song were written.

That's why I believe the first gun mentioned that "would be returned a dirty girl" was a loaner

Im not quite understanding that. DM paid $2200 for that gun. Or you mean a loaner gun till he got the next one one Feb 13th? That would imply DM used that first gun(loaner) in those 3 days making it dirty?

Yes, no wonder. Except... wouldn't having DM's phone mean that they would also have the corresponding texts sent to DM from SS, even without SS's phone? (Same as MS's texts, even though there were no sim cards).

No not really from how I understand. Only the SMs texts (through WiFi connection) would be found. If DM was texting regular (not SMS texts) those could be wiped clean.

"About iMessage and SMS/MMS. You can use iMessage or SMS/MMS on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to iOS devices and Macs over Wi-Fi or cellular-data networks. These messages appear in blue text bubbles."

Im not quite understanding that. DM paid $2200 for that gun. Or you mean a loaner gun till he got the next one one Feb 13th? That would imply DM used that first gun(loaner) in those 3 days making it dirty?

If he paid 2200 for it,why would it go back dirty? Isho says he can change her print sorry my original post about making it clean was incorrect. Does that mean he can change the markings left by the gun? But still it leads me to believe the gun was going back to Isho in some way

If he paid 2200 for it,why would it go back dirty? Isho says and forgive me if not In context. That he could make her clean Again?

Lisho says -"bring her back safe plz"
DM to Lisho- "by the time I let her go, she'll be a dirty girl."
Lisho to DM- "Fine lol. I can change her print."

Next gun, gun #2 gets picked up on Feb 13th.

When I read that text about 'bring it back safe'... I don't think that MWJ necessarily meant 'bring it back to MWJ'.. I think he may have more meant, 'make sure you bring it back, do NOT leave it at the scene, or anywhere else where it could EVER be found'. That is jmo. That made me think this 'bringing it back' would have been drilled into DM's head, and would perhaps explain why MS was so unwilling to allow the gun he received in the toolbox to ever be found, and why he said what he did on the stand even though it harmed his credibility. Rock, meet hard-place, as someone else had put it awhile back.

DM must have really screwed up bad when he killed his dad and realized he had to leave the 'suicide weapon' for the police to examine. But perhaps the police didn't bother looking into that until TB's case came to light?

Lisho says -"bring her back safe plz"
DM to Lisho- "by the time I let her go, she'll be a dirty girl."
Lisho to DM- "Fine lol. I can change her print."

Next gun, gun #2 gets picked up on Feb 13th.
Exactly my point she was going back to mwj a loaner gun

When I read that text about 'bring it back safe'... I don't think that MWJ necessarily meant 'bring it back to MWJ'.. I think he may have more meant, 'make sure you bring it back, do NOT leave it at the scene, or anywhere else where it could EVER be found'. That is jmo. That made me think this 'bringing it back' would have been drilled into DM's head, and would perhaps explain why MS was so unwilling to allow the gun he received in the toolbox to ever be found, and why he said what he did on the stand even though it harmed his credibility. Rock, meet hard-place, as someone else had put it awhile back.

DM must have really screwed up bad when he killed his dad and realized he had to leave the 'suicide weapon' for the police to examine. But perhaps the police didn't bother looking into that until TB's case came to light?
That's a different way to look at it. I wonder about the gun used for his father. Did his dad own a gun? Was it confiscated by police at the time of investigation? Would it be returned to Millard or another family member?

If he paid 2200 for it,why would it go back dirty? Isho says he can change her print sorry my original post about making it clean was incorrect. Does that mean he can change the markings left by the gun? But still it leads me to believe the gun was going back to Isho in some way

Yes, it does sound like it's going back to Lisho at some point. I just don't get why DM would pay $2200 for a gun that has to be given back.

Yes, each gun leaves a unique imprint to that gun. This print can be changed by filing the barrel/bullet exit chamber (lol, sorry I'm not gun savvy). This changes the bullets markings.

Nevermind I got it lol

Yes, very confusing! My head hurt while hubby was explaining it all to me. Now since my phone was updated, whenever I'm on my WiFi connection, it wants me to send texts through SMS/FB or something. It's annoying the heck out of me, I have unlimited texts so I don't need to use that crap.

No not really from how I understand. Only the SMs texts (through WiFi connection) would be found. If DM was texting regular (not SMS texts) those could be wiped clean.

"About iMessage and SMS/MMS. You can use iMessage or SMS/MMS on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. iMessages are texts, photos, or videos that you send to iOS devices and Macs over Wi-Fi or cellular-data networks. These messages appear in blue text bubbles."

If a person texts me, I have that text on my phone until I choose to delete it. If that person removes his sim card from his own phone, I still have that old text on my phone from him. If that person got rid of his phone, I would still have that old text on my phone, would I not?

If a person texts me, I have that text on my phone until I choose to delete it. If that person removes his sim card from his own phone, I still have that old text on my phone from him. If that person got rid of his phone, I would still have that old text on my phone, would I not?
Yes unless it was bumped by another message taking its spot I believe it was explained

Sorry, I'm still not getting where you are referencing that those rap lyrics were written in the 2 weeks following the murder. The photograph was taken almost 2 weeks after the murder, but that does not indicate when the lyrics to that rap song were written.

I agree the lyrics got confusing. The lyrics were started back in 2012 and saved. Evidence showed the file was altered at later dates. MS testified someone could have added a period '.' or something.

You would still have the text on your phone unless bumped or deleted. My phone is set to override texts at 100. From my understanding the messages retrieved were from iMessage. This is differnt way in which the message are stored to the device. From my understanding, IMessages are more like an email but sent and received like a text message. It's like using a computer, the data is always there even though you thought you deleted it. I don't use any of that, so if I delete my text messages, they are gone unless any get stored to my SIM card. All my texts and pics go to my SD card or internal device memory, so there is nothing to see on my SIM.

I know I'm going to confuse the heck out of everyone, so maybe someone that uses this IMessages stuff can chime in :)

Regarding an appeal, I'm wondering after reading through the article about what we didn't hear, if appeals will be filed in relation to the mistrial applications submitted by the lawyers. The applications were thrown out and details are not allowed to be reported.
Someone asked about the mistrial application being still under a publication ban.

The first came three weeks in, and was a joint application between lawyers representing Millard and Smich. The details of the application are under an extended publication ban, and cannot be reported.

In the end, Goodman denied it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-what-the-jury-didnt-hear-1.3631268

That's a different way to look at it. I wonder about the gun used for his father. Did his dad own a gun? Was it confiscated by police at the time of investigation? Would it be returned to Millard or another family member?

According to the Hamilton Spectator, police believe Mr. Ward-Jackson, Matthew Odlum and Matthew Jackson Wawrykiewicz, sold Dellen Millard the gun he allegedly used to kill his father. The three were charged in Toronto court two days before the new charges against Mr. Millard and Mr. Smich were announced. They have pleaded not guilty.
http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...-accused-of-selling-him-alleged-murder-weapon

If a gun is used in a suicide, and the gun is a black market gun and not licensed to the suicide victim, then I would sure hope the police would confiscate it, and being a black market gun, I would doubt if it would ever be returned. But if the police had looked into this at the time of WM's 'suicide', then it surely would have raised questions in regard to whether it was in fact a suicide, but yet this doesn't seem to have been an issue (otherwise, why release the body for cremation?) until DM's arrest in the TB murder, when they started looking into everything about him. moo

I agree the lyrics got confusing. The lyrics were started back in 2012 and saved. Evidence showed the file was altered at later dates. MS testified someone could have added a period '.' or something.

Yes, that is what I said just above. No change at all is necessary for a file to be resaved, and then show a last-saved date that is more recent than when the file was originally created.

Yes unless it was bumped by another message taking its spot I believe it was explained

On 'MY' phone.. if someone texts me.. I can save it on 'MY' phone for however long I wish, even if the sender of that text cuts up his own sim card, runs over his own phone, etc. They found SS's texts TO DM, on DM's phone, even though SS had purchased a new phone.

You would still have the text on your phone unless bumped or deleted. My phone is set to override texts at 100. From my understanding the messages retrieved were from iMessage. This is differnt way in which the message are stored to the device. From my understanding, IMessages are more like an email but sent and received like a text message. It's like using a computer, the data is always there even though you thought you deleted it. I don't use any of that, so if I delete my text messages, they are gone unless any get stored to my SIM card. All my texts and pics go to my SD card or internal device memory, so there is nothing to see on my SIM.
Just to add, I believe if texts are save to device, those can be retrieved (like computer data) but I could be wrong.

I know I'm going to confuse the heck out of everyone, so maybe someone that uses this IMessages stuff can chime in :)

When you delete a message it is not actually deleted. Your device simply marks the space on the drive as available. So until your device decides to write over that portion of the drive, your deleted message will remain there. Also, these guys backed up their devices to various computers. So even if they deleted every text message, their backups would have a complete record of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper