Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentencing would be up to the judge though.
I'd sure like to see the entire lot of them getting AATF. Can you see CN getting life for her role?

CN is a soulless robot, circuitry and wires, zero humanity but CN didn't stand there while Bosma was incinerated and she wasn't there when he was shot <modsnip>

Not sure where to post this...and likely not here, but please indulge me. Is there a Laura Babcock thread? If so, where would I find it?
TIA.

Really doubt either of them win an appeal - which by the way just gets them a new trial in most cases. They only get it if the judge made an error. TD will likely go after the BD testimony - but I doubt its enough to win an appeal. I don't think anyone's individual testimony really turned the case. The appeal court isn't going over-rule a judge for something small.

DM will say something about the judge's charge being wrong or whatever, but he's got no hope.

There is only few pieces of evidence that has me really scratching my head about what happened on that test drive. One of them I keep pondering is the letter from DM to CN about cleaning up MS's mess.

Why would he say that to her? The letter was never intended to be evidence. That remark does not make any sense as intentional misleading when those letters were so damaging to his defense.

There was plenty of evidence to show both were partners in this murder and received what they deserved, but that remark may be a glimpse into who was the shooter.

Thoughts?

MOO

I just want to add to my previous post, I do not think Smitch will get an appeal. The judge said that it didn't matter who actually pulled the trigger, it only mattered if they both planned it.
The crown showed evidence that Smitch helped choose the incinerator, he helped choose the guns/ammo, even introduced DM to MWJ, he helped look at truck ads, he went on all the test drives,
he helped clean up and hide evidence. He can say he didn't know Millard had a gun that night till he's blue in the face but it doesn't make it so. Why did DM require illegal guns and ammo if not
for his "missions"? If it was simply for home security he could have legally obtained a firearm for a much lower cost. On top of all that, DM is the most ridiculously big mouthed criminal I have yet to see on these boards
so I just highly doubt Smitch was clueless, heck the guy was planning a compartment in the Caddy for the darn things. He knew the incinerator was to be mobile and that the guns were going with.

People asked the wrong question since the beginning of this whole mess, "why kill an innocent man over a used truck?" Thing is, it was NEVER going to just be ONE truck. DM wanted to build his criminal empire.
We saw evidence he was feeling AM out with his "you might not like my methods" speech (paraphrasing). DM was recruiting, he wasn't just going to spring a murder on MS out of the blue.

Smitch is a liar. He couldn't even cop to the tricky scales, why the heck would MM lie about that? He only admitted to what he HAD to admit and nothing more. The rest was just fitted around the testimony. People
find DM scary, I find MS much much scarier. DM acts a fool, Smitch has self control and is very bright. <modsnip>

There is only few pieces of evidence that has me really scratching my head about what happened on that test drive. One of them I keep pondering is the letter from DM to CN about cleaning up MS's mess.

Why would he say that to her? The letter was never intended to be evidence. That remark does not make any sense as intentional misleading when those letters were so damaging to his defense.

There was plenty of evidence to show both were partners in this murder and received what they deserved, but that remark may be a glimpse into who was the shooter.

Thoughts?

MOO

I agree with you! A few people have testified that MS was saying "I f-ed up". Now he says it's about going on the test drive, but I find that fishy. I am not 100% sold that DM pulled the trigger at all to be honest.
Another piece of evidence was the text where DM said to MS "I five fingered some practice ammo for you". For SMITCH.
I honestly think it could have been either of them. They are both right where they belong.

Thoughts?

MOO
While I don't think he expected the physical letters themselves to become evidence, he did expect that CN, whom loved him at the time, to relay anything he said in them back to the police should they start asking questions. Also, I think the last thing he would want is to have his gf realize he's a murderer, so he started blaming mark in the letters to her

A while ago, I remember reading an article about Wayne Millard's death, and I was shocked to read that the pathologist had NOT YET ruled the death as suicide, so WM's body should never have been taken to the crematorium until the pathologist's paperwork was finalized.

DId I dream this? Can someone possibly supply a link? I have searched and searched with no success.

TIA

Also, how could it possibly happen that a body is released from the morgue to be cremated, even though final approval wasn't given? Human error?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thoughts?

MOO

Possibly he wrote remarks like that to win CN over to his side, to attempt to get her to believe he was truly an innocent party, and that it was all Mark's fault?

Does that mean she couldn't attend court even for the closing arguments or verdict?

Im pretty sure once all sides rested, MB could attend. I'm not going to go digging but pretty sure the media explained this. That was when we found out why she wasn't attending court.

Im pretty sure once all sides rested, MB could attend. I'm not going to go digging but pretty sure the media explained this. That was when we found out why she wasn't attending court.

Susan Clairmont tweeted that once all sides rested MB would be allowed to attend. I just can't find a link atm to the list of tweets

I agree with you! A few people have testified that MS was saying "I f-ed up". Now he says it's about going on the test drive, but I find that fishy. I am not 100% sold that DM pulled the trigger at all to be honest.
Another piece of evidence was the text where DM said to MS "I five fingered some practice ammo for you". For SMITCH.
I honestly think it could have been either of them. They are both right where they belong.

Agreed, i wouldn't discount that both of them shot, it just seems to me anyways, MS never was questioned as to what his role was on test drives, it seems like his presence was a primary tool in the plan. The description given by SB and Wayne have sketchy and quiet, hiding face, hands in pockets, etc., give these guys a gun and they will want to fire the thing, do you know what i mean?

PS: anyways i am so happy they were found guilty of murder1, its not a debate anymore, these guys got what they deserved, finally!

I just want to add to my previous post, I do not think Smitch will get an appeal. The judge said that it didn't matter who actually pulled the trigger, it only mattered if they both planned it.
The crown showed evidence that Smitch helped choose the incinerator, he helped choose the guns/ammo, even introduced DM to MWJ, he helped look at truck ads, he went on all the test drives,
he helped clean up and hide evidence. He can say he didn't know Millard had a gun that night till he's blue in the face but it doesn't make it so. Why did DM require illegal guns and ammo if not
for his "missions"? If it was simply for home security he could have legally obtained a firearm for a much lower cost. On top of all that, DM is the most ridiculously big mouthed criminal I have yet to see on these boards
so I just highly doubt Smitch was clueless, heck the guy was planning a compartment in the Caddy for the darn things. He knew the incinerator was to be mobile and that the guns were going with.

People asked the wrong question since the beginning of this whole mess, "why kill an innocent man over a used truck?" Thing is, it was NEVER going to just be ONE truck. DM wanted to build his criminal empire.
We saw evidence he was feeling AM out with his "you might not like my methods" speech (paraphrasing). DM was recruiting, he wasn't just going to spring a murder on SM out of the blue.

Smitch is a liar. He couldn't even cop to the tricky scales, why the heck would MM lie about that? He only admitted to what he HAD to admit and nothing more. The rest was just fitted around the testimony. People
find DM scary, I find SM much much scarier. DM acts a fool, Smitch has self control and is very bright. <modsnip>

bbm, yup, totally agree!

Possibly he wrote remarks like that to win CN over to his side, to attempt to get her to believe he was truly an innocent party, and that it was all Mark's fault?

Thanks for that thought. I will be watching the CN trial closely, and if they prove she knew more about the murder, then that remark may become clearer.

As leaf_fan93 posted, it may have just been hidden instructions on how to respond to LE and possibly when on the stand. However he was a bit more explicit with his other instructions.

I'll keep circling this one for a while longer.

MOO

http://http://m.thespec.com/news-st...the-judge-forbade-the-bosma-jury-from-hearing

What happened thet all of these new charges happened on the same day? Sorry I can't quote the part I want from my phone. DM's new murder charges and MS. CN's charges and MWJ and 2 other guys. Did somebody spill a lot of info?

I think it was more that LE had pieces on all these folks and wanted to ensure they had all their ducks lined up. There is much evidence that is still under publication ban from this murder investigation related to everyone arrested.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member