Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AM980_Court Jury also has a question about wording in Heeney's charge. Asks if "not" is supposed to be in one line.

Jury has left to rephrase their question. Heeney going through a 3rd question they had about one of the "decision tree" options

Jury has another question this has to do with the word "not" being in a sentence in the charge. A question of grammar

RT @sunnewsnetwork: #ToriStafford's dad talks #Rafferty, new evidence & more with @caryn_lieberman: http://bit.ly/K97kiU

RT @thelc_75: Heeney tells jury he can't answer question, not enough information to answer. Sent them to reframe question.

Bon contexte: @AllisonJones_CP My behind-the-scenes look at McClintic's problematic testimony http://bit.ly/K1Q9xY #Rafferty

Another question by the jury

Adrian Morrow ‏ @AdrianMorrow
Jury has one more question, about whether not believing evidence leads automatically to finding someone guilty

I am sorry but the fact that Derstine said she was possibly killed while peeing sends of huge red flags when it comes to why her pants and underwear were missing. Come on this is common sense.....I do however understand because of no 100% DNA evidence this is why this is happening. I still dont have to like it :)

Yes, everyone comes back. Judge, jury

Jury asks if two people are present and one removes te clothes of a victim are they both charged with sexual assault?

Jury wants to know if 'they' can 'both' be charged with sexual assault.

Justice Heeney says whoever removed clothing can be found guilty of sexual assault

omg this is a great question and great news!

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

Heeney reads the question. Says court suspects jurors mean convicted, not charged.

if we have a jury that doesn't know the difference between the terms 'charged' and 'convicted', we're in really deep doo-doo JMO MOO IMO

They are doubting the sexual assault charge--this is not good.MOO.
Presuming they already have the kidnapping and murder decided, I'm sure his future fellow tennants will rule on that one.

Jury has one more question, about whether not believing evidence leads automatically to finding someone guilty

Holy crap this doesnt make sense either LOL

2nd question fr #Rafferty jury asks if 2 ppl are present and 1 removes clothing are both (guilty) of sexual assault?

A third question on the wording of the judges charge about not believing evidence that makes someone innocent.

Judge and lawyers have some difficulty in interpreting #Rafferty jury question #2. Judge asks jury to reframe question.

LindaNguyenPN
Just to be clear, I will remain with @PostmediaNews until the end of the #ToriStafford trial — whenever that may be #Rafferty

Jury left courtroom to write new, clarified question on what the 2nd present person is doing while 1st is sexually assaulting

Okay I feel better now. I think they have the abduction and murder locked but the sexual assault which some on here couldnt agree on is where they are having the problem...Damn it show the lap top!!!!!!!!

Before I knew what I know now, the rape was the issue I was having. Maybe a part of me did not want it to happen but I just could not get my head around a couple that hardly knew each other stealing a child to rape. I honestly think that if I were on the jury I would have agreed to manslaughter but not 1st degree.

However if I were on the jury, and then found out about the evidence I was denied in the court room after I voted manslaughter I would be sick, just sick and never forgive myself. What a messed up system...

I am worried and keep wondering if a different judge would have made all the difference to this trial. The jury seem confused.

@TheLC_75 A third question on the wording of the judges charge about not believing evidence that makes someone innocent.

Court has recessed while #Rafferty jury reframes question.

Justice Heeney brings Jury in to tell to rephrase question. Doesn't explain what other person is doing.

Court is now recessed until the jury comes back with their clarified question #ToriStafford #Rafferty

jury also asks about judge charge about how rejecting evidence pointing to innocence is not an affirmation of guilt.

A third question on the wording of the judges charge about not believing evidence that makes someone innocent.

Rafferty jury also asks about judge charge about how rejecting evidence pointing to innocence is not an affirmation of guilt.

Rafferty trial: day-by-day timeline #infographic http://bit.ly/IOstxy

What??? I don't understand what they're asking here.

Before I knew what I know now, the rape was the issue I was having. Maybe a part of me did not want it to happen but I just could not get my head around a couple that hardly knew each other stealing a child to rape. I honestly think that if I were on the jury I would have agreed to manslaughter but not 1st degree.

However if I were on the jury, and then found out about the evidence I was denied in the court room after I voted manslaughter I would be sick, just sick and never forgive myself. What a messed up system...

What about removing a child's clothes? How did you feel about that?

it would seem they are on the SA charge now if you refer to the tree... If you refer to the poll (and also dna etc and lack of it because of the timeframe) they are most likely looking at MR for aiding and abetting rape right now or both..

imhoo...

(I bet they have already decided the principal MOO MOO MOO)

Read in reverse order

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

Jury also has a question about wording in Heeney's charge. Asks if "not" is supposed to be in one line.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

Tells jury they need more information about what the person not removing the clothing is doing. Jurors leave to rephrase.

ok, now I'm getting very worried

of course the word 'not' is supposed to be there ... can't they deduce that by the connection of his follow-up question to theirs?

(I need to calm down - I suppose I'm not being fair)

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

Jurors not believing evidence that someone is innocent does not make them guilty. Crown must still prove case beyond reasonable doubt

Just out of curiosity if I can ask you a question. When you weren't sure and Derstine said it was possible that while peeing she was killed. Did you find that a fishy thing to say?

I do understand why some were on the fence about the sexual assault even thought I had a gut feeling it happened I kept swaying from side to side. However when Derstine said that I was like, what??? Are you serious?

What was going on in your mind during that time?

No mean to disrespect at all I really am very curious because I just had a gut feeling he did do it and totally understand that it was weird that these two just met and could not have possibly have planned this.

another question by the jury

adrian morrow ‏ @adrianmorrow
jury has one more question, about whether not believing evidence leads automatically to finding someone guilty

???

Wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads