Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspector Bill Renton is on. Thanking all the divisions of the various police services that worked together. Asking to respect the privacy of the family.

Just saw Gowdey speak - he's a powerful speaker. I bet the closing statements had a huge impact.

Someone yelled "ATTA BOY GOWDEY" as he walked away. Ha.

London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP
Gowdey says people of Ontario should be proud of investigation by OPP and Woodstock police.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite 4m London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP
Loud applause for Crown Kevin Gowdey.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 5m London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP
Thank you, thank you all, Stafford says as he leaves.

Inspector Renton....
Thanks to media and professional manner
Praise to all police, detectives and crown
Thoughts and prayers with family/friends
Tori was their inspiration to get through
Inspector Bickerton(sp?)....
Thanks to Attny Gen and Crowns

lost feed.....

I went out to watch a friend's daughter perform in a play - just got home and the first thing I did was check this thread. What a great relief to know he will not have the opportunity to do this to another child. It will not bring Tori back, and I continue to grieve for her suffering and death, but I am so glad that the jury saw the truth and did the right thing.

Tink

OPP Insp. Mike Bickerton now talking.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite 2m London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP
Renton thanks media. Says thoughts and prayers with Tori's family and friends.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 3m London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP
Insp Bill Renton of Woodstock police now speaking.

WOW How commendable that the jury hugged Rodney and almost cried.....they got it they really got it

OPP

Crown team had an amazing comitment

worked tirelessly

extraordinary efforts

Thanks absolutely everyone

Speaks directly to Tori's Family

Prays they heal

30 day appeal(possibility)

Inspector Bickerton...
Thanks to the media for getting info out
Wishes Tara, Rodney and Daryn peace and healing
30 day appeal period so won't say much until after that period

Bickerton thanks Crown team. Says officers worked around clock tirelessly on case.

30 day appeal period. they will not be answering any more questions.

Found inspiration and drive from very special little girl, Tori, Bickerton says.

Media interview with police over now. Not taking questions because of 30 day appeal period.

Forgive me if similar thoughts have already been shared (I'm still catching up from page 25), but I'm trying to envision Rodney's next steps, regardless of the verdict.

Rodney has evolved into a Canadian cross-border twin of Marc Klaas through the tragedy of losing his beloved little daughter, Tori.

The man never wallowed in despair publicly. Instead, he pedaled his hiney off to raise awareness for missing children across the country. Rodney epitomizes the definition of 'change agent'. He got up, got busy, and got himself and others moving to turn a tragedy into an education for many.

I can't imagine that much of this 'new' news about MR's behavior was news to RS, so I have to give Tori's Dad extra kudos - once again - for respecting the system and the process by not alluding to it in any way before the jury got instructions, no matter how frustrated he must have been when the computer evidence was ruled out. I know with certainty that I wouldn't have done nearly so well.

Rodney has once again put the best interests of victims, families, and justice ahead of his own emotions. In this instance, he did so by holding his tongue until the jury was sequestered. I can't speak for anyone else, but I believe that has been one of the toughest tasks that Rodney has taken on. I know I would have wanted to share, SCREAM, and pummel and the jury with these relevant details, but Rodney is a far smarter and better person than I; he knew that would be interpreted as 'working against' the very same justice system he is relying upon right now.

It's hard enough for many of us to temper our own words in posts here. WTH has it been like for Rodney to have potentially known this for many months, then to have all of this out in the public domain - AFTER - the jury has been excluded from that knowledge? His interview about the excluded evidence was poignant and shared articulately in a way that only a victim could express so well.

After witnessing Rodney's strength in undertaking his (emotionally and physically) painful bike journey to raise awareness, I won't be shocked if Rodney now digs in to raise awareness about how Canadian evidence/search warrant laws are changing, and the impact that has with current trials. Doesn't really matter which way the verdict goes - Rodney has a singularly unique perspective (unfortunately) to share in regards to what jurors should be made aware of - and shielded from.

Bad enough that the families suffer so deeply and have to relive it all, but then they have to bear up while Judges worry more about establishing new case law than they do about ensuring that justice is not blind by adhering to laws 'on the books' at the time of the crime and investigation. If Rodney challenges this and takes it up as a new/additional cause, I won't be at all shocked.

Most politicians annoy the caca out of me, but if Rodney takes to lobbying for a review of evidentiary rules, or runs for office on a victim's rights platform, he's got my vote.

What was the other information that TLM told LE??? that someone posted here? Is there a link?

"I feel like we can breathe again": Rebecca Stafford, Tori`s aunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member