Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it. Just got back and trying to figure out what is going on. Not seeing a verdict yet, but seeing some woohoo's. Someone please tell me! Going to keep looking back.

Damn it. Just got back and trying to figure out what is going on. Not seeing a verdict yet, but seeing some woohoo's. Someone please tell me! Going to keep looking back.

Guilty all 3 charges!!!

damn it. Just got back and trying to figure out what is going on. Not seeing a verdict yet, but seeing some woohoo's. Someone please tell me! Going to keep looking back.

guilty 1st degree all counts!!

damn it. Just got back and trying to figure out what is going on. Not seeing a verdict yet, but seeing some woohoo's. Someone please tell me! Going to keep looking back.

guilty on all three counts!!!!

guilty on all counts!!!!!!!!!!

Guilty x 3

No CA case here!

Forgive me if similar thoughts have already been shared (I'm still catching up from page 25), but I'm trying to envision Rodney's next steps, regardless of the verdict.

Rodney has evolved into a Canadian cross-border twin of Marc Klaas through the tragedy of losing his beloved little daughter, Tori.

The man never wallowed in despair publicly. Instead, he pedaled his hiney off to raise awareness for missing children across the country. Rodney epitomizes the definition of 'change agent'. He got up, got busy, and got himself and others moving to turn a tragedy into an education for many.

I can't imagine that much of this 'new' news about MR's behavior was news to RS, so I have to give Tori's Dad extra kudos - once again - for respecting the system and the process by not alluding to it in any way before the jury got instructions, no matter how frustrated he must have been when the computer evidence was ruled out. I know with certainty that I wouldn't have done nearly so well.

Rodney has once again put the best interests of victims, families, and justice ahead of his own emotions. In this instance, he did so by holding his tongue until the jury was sequestered. I can't speak for anyone else, but I believe that has been one of the toughest tasks that Rodney has taken on. I know I would have wanted to share, SCREAM, and pummel and the jury with these relevant details, but Rodney is a far smarter and better person than I; he knew that would be interpreted as 'working against' the very same justice system he is relying upon right now.

It's hard enough for many of us to temper our own words in posts here. WTH has it been like for Rodney to have potentially known this for many months, then to have all of this out in the public domain - AFTER - the jury has been excluded from that knowledge? His interview about the excluded evidence was poignant and shared articulately in a way that only a victim could express so well.

After witnessing Rodney's strength in undertaking his (emotionally and physically) painful bike journey to raise awareness, I won't be shocked if Rodney now digs in to raise awareness about how Canadian evidence/search warrant laws are changing, and the impact that has with current trials. Doesn't really matter which way the verdict goes - Rodney has a singularly unique perspective (unfortunately) to share in regards to what jurors should be made aware of - and shielded from.

Bad enough that the families suffer so deeply and have to relive it all, but then they have to bear up while Judges worry more about establishing new case law than they do about ensuring that justice is not blind by adhering to laws 'on the books' at the time of the crime and investigation. If Rodney challenges this and takes it up as a new/additional cause, I won't be at all shocked.

Most politicians annoy the caca out of me, but if Rodney takes to lobbying for a review of evidentiary rules, or runs for office on a victim's rights platform, he's got my vote.

Thank you soooo much for this post Muckrucker. The point I bolded above absolutely hits the mark. We know that Rodney showed incredible physical and emotional strength when he did his amazing ride, but the incredible inner strength to hold his frustrations and anger in check truly amaze me!

Rodney, you inspire, as does your son.

Some of us had signs today from Tori. She was really here with us today. xoxo

:)

Guilty on all 3 counts!!!

All I have to say is THANK YOU GOD!!!!! May the B****** rot in hell for all eternity!

When is the sentencing and victim impact statements date?

NO perverted deviant is entitled to decide to take a child for his own sexual purposes EVER!!!!!! DAMN YOU RAFFERTY! You really are a psychopath and you are NEVER getting out of jail, EVER!

O/T ~ How far apart are your contractions Allanae (I hope I have that right)?

Rafferty, formal sentencing on Tuesday, even though 1rst degree murder carries life no chance of parole 25 years. but other charges.

Rafferty found guilty http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...rafferty-guilty-of-killing-tori-stafford?bn=1

On CityNews Channel, lawyer Calvin Barry says jury can have problem when accused doesn't take the stand. #Rafferty didn't take stand.

It is so telling that #Rafferty showed no emotion during the trial of the little kid he killed, but teared up when learning his own fate.

Rafferty's lawyer Dirk Derstine would not comment on the possibility of an appeal.

Guilty!!! sentencing to happen Tuesday at 10am #Rafferty

Thank you to each and every journalist that covered #Rafferty and #ToriStafford trial, it has not been easy for any of you, great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member