VERDICT is IN!! #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the naysayers and chit stirrers who insisted, loudly and often, ad nauseum, that Juan 'blew' this case and it would be an acquittal because of Juan and Dr. Horn? Hmmmm? Where could they have gone? They were just so sure of themselves, so positively gleeful in their predictions of doom for the state's case.

Do I hear crickets chirping from naysayer quarters now?

wow she is an idiot if she gives a interview now. lol

I'm willing to bet Mr Nurmi is so relieved it's over and he can pass the decades of appeals off to someone else.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 8m

Just interviewed #JodiArias. Exclusive. First parts of the interview air at 5pm AZ time. Says she prefers death over life in prison. #FOX10

This isnt over for me until I see JVM bowl people over chasing down her next inverview!

Seriously though, does the Alexander family get a chance to speak to the jury before sentencing?

I asked this in the legal forum and our friend answered that the family can give victim impact statements.

I think even Jodi knew she would be found guilty. Remember her tweet about "Travis not wanting another life to be taken for justice", yeah she wants LWOP. This was all about saving her life. Especially after she was caught lying about the gas cans, I think she still believed she was going to be acquitted before that happened.

LWOP, DP, I'll take any of them. Especially now that I know she won't get a penny because the alexanders are sueing her! So she can stay in jail, plan a book, a movie, copy photographers and won't collect a dime!

It was pointed out on HLN earlier that not once in 4.5 years has Jodi been placed on suicide watch. Yet she's always going on and on about suicide. Manipulate much? ;)

Gotta say this too...

I've been following crime cases for a long time thanks to the lady in my picture. :heartbeat: As much as some may want to attempt to diminish this crime, I'd go so far as to say there is a real chance she might actually receive the death penalty. (I would never normally say that considering the defendant's age, race, and especially gender.)

Gahh. No....not a fan. I guess I have seen too much to like him...well not all that he does is bad. But...just the little I have seen and the things that the ones I have worked with who got churned out of his jails...I don't feel comfortable with him. Prison is ugly no matter where. Just found an unscientific difference with people I have worked with from MC vs my county...goes with some of the things I have heard.

I totally get where you are coming from. You are local, so you see more than I do. I just know from what I have seen, I like him!

What must Jodi's Expert Witnesses be doing right now?

I wonder if this would deter a Witness from putting it all on the line for a Murderer in the future (Unless of course they were hoodwinked and actually believe she was the victim of almost being killed so many times by him - and the other parts of her concocted story)

You know what, Steph? For whatever reason, her three experts convinced themselves that everything they said was true. Their reasons lie somewhere in themselves, not with Jodi. They'll all be giving interviews for years to come about what a travesty this verdict is. Their identity is so wrapped up in believing in her that to say otherwise would cause them to cease to exist. It's pathetic, really. Hope it's worth it to them.

Is this a joke?

Why would she do an interview before the entire trial is over?

No Joke.. I signed up for verdict watch with local Fox station just got text..

Thought I'd pass it along to those of you not in Phoenix area..

Crikey gotta run to Drs Appt..

I'll BBIAB (wow haven't used that in years LOL)

I thought juror #4's voice was particularly loud and strong. I checked He's grandpa!

You know, I am happy and relieved. Nothing can bring Travis back but I do believe we are justified in celebrating Justice, the number of people who support Travis and Travis' life too. I'll celebrate with some bubbly and all that but there's another thing I'm going to do. I'm going to try and be a better person. This trial has taught me so much. Life is precious and short. Being a good and decent person matters more than all the money in the world. Faith, Purity, Charity, Love...that's what I'm going to work on in honour of Travis.

Totally disagree with you. JA and JW were stunned in court. The looks on their faces, were of surprise and shock. They did not expect M1. JW was in utter shock when the clerk read 0 jurors voted for just felony murder. All voted premeditation, IMO, JA and JW did not expect it. Their faces showed it. :moo:

Clearly that's not true because of the motions Wilmott (and Nurmi) filed in the days leading up to today's verdict and even this morning. Of course they knew. And I'm sure they advised JA of her chances. But JA probably thought she'd beat the charges anyway cause she lives in denial. Well not anymore!

@ danabrams : I don't believe #JodiArias should get the death penalty. This case does not represent "worst of the worst."

How much worse did it have to be? Jeez.

HOW in the heck can she be remorseful, contrite or show humility for saving her life in a combat like battle with a man that was trying to kill her (for the 4th time)

Unless she said "oops I lied I'm a bad stalking murder"

and never showing once molecule of remorse and to top off the pain for the family she trashed and slandered Travis. Nobody cares what she has to say about her sentence.

If she truly would beg for the death penalty and she would prefer death over life then she can ask for the express pass. No more legal motions etc.

Peeps, it is so wonderful to be able to share this moment, and this odd mix of emotions with you all--sadness, relief, whatever that thing is that lets us humans smile through tears and laugh in the midst of great tragedy.

As you process today's events, please remember that we are WebSleuths. We are a victim-friendly site. We seek justice for victims, for their families, for the unclaimed and the miraculously recovered.

We are here because the owners of this site have made space for us, and because they made Rulez for us, and we members agree to follow those Rulez.

Tonight please keep in mind that as WebSleuthers:

- we refrain from judging or antagonizing other posters
- we refrain from wishing graphic ill upon those with whom we do not agree
- we use the Alert button when appropriate, rather than responding

In moments of heightened emotion like this, it's even more important to "think twice and post once."

Again, I am so glad to share this evening with such smart, compassionate, witty folks.

Now, behave yourselves!

:grouphug:

For some reason I am craving Raines voice. : )

I just want to say - F - the TH's not one was predicting that the jurors are debating felony murder v premeditation. That is a major point. ALL jurors agreed it was pre med Murder in the first degree, the conflict was on felony murder.

Great day I am sucking down wine al ready, and I' may actually do a bong hit!

JA and Wilmott were expecting this verdict. Willmott more so. JA looked a little surprised; Wilmott not so much. Look, they all knew the score. This was really a slam dunk murder 1 case. I've been saying that from the start of the trial. It doesn't get much more solid than pictures of the murder being committed!

I have to agree. JW didn't even blink when the guilty verdict was read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand