Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 8m

Just interviewed #JodiArias. Exclusive. First parts of the interview air at 5pm AZ time. Says she prefers death over life in prison. #FOX10

No wonder her attorneys were mad. If she went on the record as prefering death, that is going to hurt her appeals, regardless of the fact she said it as a mind game.

Especially that 'Anna Nicole' judge. He made steam come out of my ears, saying Juan blew it, and had a terrible closing argument. I hope he's on HLN, tonight. I'd love to see him eat his words.
My favourite thing from the Talking Heads was when they would talk about how Juan's Q&A with witnesses was a mess and losing the jury, he blew it, etc etc etc - and how he should have asked x,y, z. and last, but not least, is when they said the State overcharged. I did hear a TH say that, but I forget who now, but I was like...wtf? Also when armchair sleuthers onthe www would opine on what Juan Martinez, a season prosecutor with an impeccable record, should be asking a witness (I'm looking at me here). I'm having a good laugh at myself.

I'm sure that big plate of crow tastes good.

Well Friends and Fellow Seekers of Justice - I am signing off until Trishs' new show tonight. Really looking forward to that!!!! Oh Happy Day. I am so happy for Travis' family and friends and for the Defense team, including the background people. So many worked for today's justice that we never saw or heard from.

Yeah, I noticed that all those talking heads that were on this morning who were saying that they were positive that the jury was deadlocked, that the verdict would be manslaughter, that the jury had "bonded" with Jodi, they all disappeared into the woodwork immediately when the verdict was read.
I heard the bonding thing too. Huh? Did they not listen to the jury questions? The jury - the people who chose the verdict (emphasis for silly TH's) - asked questions about her lying, manipulating and controlling by damn near every witness the defense produced.

If I've bonded with someone, I'm unlikely to ask their mental health expert (or several) if the defendant might have manipulated them. ;)

I'm willing to bet Mr Nurmi is so relieved it's over and he can pass the decades of appeals off to someone else.

LOL. Her mom begged the State to force Nurmi to stay on the case, since she deserved a great defense. They should have let him go.

I'm 99% sure that guy wanted her convicted of M1. He hates her.

Willmott may have expected this verdict but JA did not. These narcissists think they can fool everybody. She really thought there would be a hung jury or conviction on a lesser charge. I've watched the verdict being read out about 20 times. By the end of the week I'll have watched it 500 times. I like it.

Totally agree, Rose. Stone narcissist.

Are you kidding me? She is going to give an interview? GAH! Now I can't even enjoy my post-verdict toast in peace. Geez she is an attention #$*&)...

She's gonna say, "No jury will give me the death penalty. You can mark my words on that." Hey, we're 1:1. Let's try it again.

JA and Wilmott were expecting this verdict. Willmott more so. JA looked a little surprised; Wilmott not so much. Look, they all knew the score. This was really a slam dunk murder 1 case. I've been saying that from the start of the trial. It doesn't get much more solid than pictures of the murder being committed!

when the live feed broke from the courtroom to outside the courtroom, the local station had someone on there as a guest and said that Jodi had been receiving counseling in jail in case this verdict came through.

I agree with you that they knew that would be the verdict. it was obvious that the DT knew based on their lackadaisical attitudes the last few days of trial.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 8m

Just interviewed #JodiArias. Exclusive. First parts of the interview air at 5pm AZ time. Says she prefers death over life in prison. #FOX10

Maybe she'll waive all rights of appeals and be dead in a year or two. I love the idea of her isolated and alone the rest of her forever.

JA saying she prefers death is just another way for her to manipulate others. Please, we're smarter than that, JA. Also who cares what you think? We'll do what WE please, thank you very much. Being alone 24 hours a day is not something JA wants and that's exactly what she deserves.

They all say that. I don't believe she means that at all. JA does NOT want to die.

The only reason I'm ok with LWOP is that the caliber of representation she'll get if she gets the DP is far superior to what she'll get with life. I don't want her to have that.

Can we round up Peter Odom, Holly Hughes, Renee Rockwell, Lauren Lake, JVM and Jean Cesarez and send them to the holding area to keep Jodi company while she awaits her fate?

We'll have peace and Jodi will be tortured. She'll sho nuff be deaf by the time JVM finishes shouting questions at her. lol

Yeah, I noticed that all those talking heads that were on this morning who were saying that they were positive that the jury was deadlocked, that the verdict would be manslaughter, that the jury had "bonded" with Jodi, they all disappeared into the woodwork immediately when the verdict was read.

i didn't watch hln during CA trial - was NG such a doom and gloom report during that verdict watch?

Who is the blond woman who was sitting behind Steven Alexander in the courtroom today? She had her hand on his shoulder after the verdict was read. He has been so stoic throughout this trial....God bless that family.

So Ms. Jodi "wants" DP instead of LWOP huh? She should do us all a favor and sign a plea accepting DP. Is that allowed? She's going to spend 10 years or more waiting for that needle anyways. If she truly "wants" DP, she can sit down and not present a case after JM has showed how cruel she killed TA.

Juan Martinez TOLD the jury: Jodi Arias LOVES the media. Minutes after being found guilty, she's already looking for the spotlight. SMH!

In some states she can waive her rights to appeal. (like the Oklahoma bomber) In California there is an automatic appeal.

So in AZ she might be able to fast track herself..

Are you kidding me? She is going to give an interview? GAH! Now I can't even enjoy my post-verdict toast in peace. Geez she is an attention #$*&)...

Naturally. She is panic-stricken at losing control of the narrative. She is a narcissist, and actually more concerned about how others perceive her than the obvious mortal peril she is now in because of this verdict.

:floorlaugh: Yeah like Clooney back in ER days! But Dr. Horn will be a nice icing to the cake.

A conviction AND a re-re-visit with the handsome Dr. Horn? What a fine treat that will be. I will get to closely examine that cleft in his chin, those blue green eyes, that perfect hair ummm...pay attention to more testimony. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I'm getting used to seeing him every 3 weeks or so. It's going to seem so bland when he's no longer gracing my video stream. Guess I'll have to put up posters of Rob Lowe on my wall or something. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QMFBm-utyxo

this is the only video i have found of gallery reaction so far

Thank you for posting that! It was my first time to see their reaction.
What really struck me when I watched it is how stoic Stephen was during the reading. Not sure who that was behind him, stroking his back, an aunt?
And, I think Stephen is the father figure in the family and takes care of his siblings. Happy Birthday, Stephen!:bdscroll: Go celebrate! Travis would want you to!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77