VERDICT is IN!! #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it even possible for her to do an interview at this point?

Also, did anyone see any footage of the courtroom reaction when the verdict was read? Almost every station was fixated only on her and JW. Did anyone see any footage of JM and Dett. Flores' reactions, JA's mother, etc...?

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 24m

#jodiarias juror 5 husband told me his wife would have voted for 1st degree with the rest of the jury.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 8m

Just interviewed #JodiArias. Exclusive. First parts of the interview air at 5pm AZ time. Says she prefers death over life in prison. #FOX10

Good! Then maybe she'll forego the appeals process and save the state millions of dollars!

Nurmi & Wilmott are glad to know they'll never see you-know-who popping thru their doggy door.

I'm not delighted. I'm grateful. I feel an immense amount of gratitude that the world is as it should be...instead of feeling as though I'm in a waking nightmare. (The Anthony verdict.) Am I delighted? No. A conviction doesn't bring Travis back - it does restore a bit of his character though, the character shredded by the defendant and her team to diminish her culpability, a pattern apparent throughout her life.

A conviction won't stop the pain of all those who loved Travis but ironically, by denigrating and disparaging the victim repeatedly, the defendant caused whole swaths of people to gravitate towards supporting the true victim, the only victim, Travis Victor Alexander, and championing justice on his behalf.

Those same people are now crying, hugging, cheering...or perhaps even demolishing their own 'celebratory' container of Ben & Jerry's Blondie Brownie. ;) (If the verdict had been different it would have been a commiserating container though.)

Britsskate, I have a deep and abiding respect for you and the insightful posts you have made, but I am very delighted. I realize what you are saying, but I sincerely believe that Travis' family feels vindicated in a country that makes excuses ad naseum. Not only I am delighted, I am elated. And I feel POSITIVE that the Alexander family is as well--Just my honest opinion of course.

The verdict practically guarantees the sentence.

I agree...the crime was so cruel and inhuman. Knowing now that they all agree on premeditation, it's hard to imagine it going any other way.

JA and Wilmott were expecting this verdict. Willmott more so. JA looked a little surprised; Wilmott not so much. Look, they all knew the score. This was really a slam dunk murder 1 case. I've been saying that from the start of the trial. It doesn't get much more solid than pictures of the murder being committed!

I agree, too.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 8m

Just interviewed #JodiArias. Exclusive. First parts of the interview air at 5pm AZ time. Says she prefers death over life in prison. #FOX10

If this is what she's said, then this is probably the way she's trying to get LWOP instead of the DP!

moo

Is it even possible for her to do an interview at this point?

Also, did anyone see any footage of the courtroom reaction when the verdict was read? Almost every station was fixated only on her and JW. Did anyone see any footage of JM and Dett. Flores' reactions, JA's mother, etc...?

I saw TA's family's reaction but didn't see any of JA's fam.

That is the same question the defendant asked Willmott before the verdict was read.

Defendant: Who's the foreman?
Willmott: We don't know yet

But didn't the foreman hand the verdict to the court clerk? I guess we will have to wait and hear from someone in the courtroom.

LOL we predicted that too, that she'd prefer death ... it's called reverse psychology. Can she choose to skip mitigation then and go straight to penalty?

Yep, JA is going all Bundy.....as predicted!

And I think it's going to get worse.

Watch out!

:twocents:

JA saying she prefers death is just another way for her to manipulate others. Please, we're smarter than that, JA. Also who cares what you think? We'll do what WE please, thank you very much. Being alone 24 hours a day is not something JA wants and that's exactly what she deserves.

Where are all the naysayers and chit stirrers who insisted, loudly and often, ad nauseum, that Juan 'blew' this case and it would be an acquittal because of Juan and Dr. Horn? Hmmmm? Where could they have gone? They were just so sure of themselves, so positively gleeful in their predictions of doom for the state's case.

Do I hear crickets chirping from naysayer quarters now?

Especially that 'Anna Nicole' judge. He made steam come out of my ears, saying Juan blew it, and had a terrible closing argument. I hope he's on HLN, tonight. I'd love to see him eat his words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand