Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, JSR. I'll be here till we have our new trial. Staying put! :seeya:

Good, I was afraid I was going to have to sneak through your doggie door at Christmas to drag you back here or something.

As difficult as it will be to have a new trial all over again I think Travis' family needs it for closure. If they don't have a new trial then they will be haunted by the what-ifs. They'll forever guess about the possible outcome.

If they have another hung jury or a life sentence then I think it will be easier to accept knowing they gave it their all.

Yeah, what you say makes sense. I just feel like enough is enough for this family, how much more can they take! Of course if they want to go ahead with a trial I'll be here for them. I wonder if it's up to them, do they get any say in what happens? I know Juan Martinez always considers them, but will his boss?

I don't know why this juror was chosen as the foreperson -- it would be nice to know more about the process of choosing one. Does one volunteer? Do they take a vote?

Granted he only had a short period of time to talk but I found it strange that rather than talk about what went on during deliberations he talked about his own personal opinions. As foreperson, I'd like to know what he did to try and get every one to come to a verdict. No mention of that.

The only good thing I think she did was tell the jury they would be killing her. It may have been difficult for jurors to think that they would be killing her.

Exactly. Put her hands on her shoulders and asked the jurors not to kill her
That was her job and she succeeded.
I think IF the phase is retried she will get death. But I'm not sure it will be
If they offer her a plea to LWOP with no appeals
If the family for some reason decides they cannot go through another month or two of Jodiland and give their ok for LWOP
If the County Atty decides its not worth spending any more resources on securing a death verdict considering the 8-4 split.

I disagree, it is not at all reasonable. He stated that the abuse didn't matte in terms of the matter. We don't know how he voted yet people are making assumptions of why he voted for life? That's just silly. It's a real possibility he voted for death. Once again, ppl are speaking based on their emotions.

i thought he said he had to consider it. no?

This Arizona #2 retrial thing makes no sense to me.
What group of people will know more and hear more then Jury #1?
How they expect to get an unbiased jury together and up to speed with all the evidence is beyond me.
Why not make the best out of 7?

Makes no sense to me either. None. Would make more sense to use the alternates and randomly pull three sitting out and starting deliberations again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wonder if juror 8 could have brought them all home.

One good thing is now JuanM knows exactly what evidence to push for and how to decimate the defense. AND I hope the judge does not treat the defense with kit gloves.

And why aren't JA's lawyers bailing on her now that they have a chance? Because they never intended to bail and it was only a ploy?

My :twocents:-I think they will push to bail on her because it will be an excellent delay tactic. How would you plan to get up to speed on a 5 year investigation and a 4 month trial?

I wonder if they can bail at this point??

If Jodi was sentenced to death and it was discoverd a juror watched media during the trial then shed have a big appeal issue.

If one of the jurors now leaked they saw say, the Daryl Brewer testimony via interview without cross examination, what happens? Nothing.

Is this a real situation you are discussing?
Did a juror see DB tv interview?
Have authorities said nothing will be done?

Granted he only had a short period of time to talk but I found it strange that rather than talk about what went on during deliberations he talked about his own personal opinions. As foreperson, I'd like to know what he did to try and get every one to come to a verdict. No mention of that.

I would have staged a coup;) new foreman that could represent the majority

I think Willmott did a good job in her Closings. If for some reason the County Attorney refuses to retry, Jodi can thank Willmott for saving her life so she can donate her hair and sell her t shirts.

I won't go so far as to agree Wilmott's closing was good - she "guilted" the jury, put blood on their hands because the little murderer is nothing more than a bloody slaughtering murderer. However, after watching the Rose Colored Glasses video, I suspect if LWOP is the end result, the little murderer will be cursing Wilmott every day for the rest of her life.

My :twocents:-I think they will push to bail on her because it will be an excellent delay tactic. How would you plan to get up to speed on a 5 year investigation and a 4 month trial?

They can ask, I will bet if they do the judge will deny.

Snipped and BBM

THIS I have a problem with. Juries should be presented with all the facts. They should have been able to see all the police interviews and the media interviews etc. To make a decision based on some of the information is wrong IMO. Especially when these people do go home and find out what they were not allowed to see.

Absolutely! Juan should have been allowed to show all or part of Jodi's interviews following the GUILTY verdict and after her allocution. She targeted the jury for convicting her, and they should have known about her arrogant stance. JSS would not allow the interviews to be presented, and they might have made a difference.

If there is a retrial of the penalty phase, I think the current DT will request a new judge. :moo:

No, not in my opinion,

Just to be clear, I don't believe ckja was abused. I think she was entitled, demanding, and bpd.

For whatever reason (maybe focus groups?) the word "abuse" seems to work well for defense. Even without evidence.

Did you see her eyes and facial expression when she was being cornered and confronted by Troy in his interview with her? It's a dam good thing she didn't have a knife. I was already convinced she was never abused by Travis, but after seeing her there, whoa, move over. That woman is hell on wheels to anyone who crosses her. She's a danger to society. Seriously can't believe she hasn't killed before and still think there's a chance she has.

Couple things I seem to have missed, and wonder if anyone can fill in my blanks.

People are saying JA is now in her cell 23 hrs/day, and can no longer do any interviews.

How do we know this?

Is it totally at the discretion of the Sheriff's office, now that JSS has lifted the ban on her doing interviews?

Similarly, is it up to the Sheriff whether she must be made to stay in her cell?

TIA.
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...ent-on-hung-jury-in-jodi-arias-penalty-phase/

No way! The judge knew all the facts of this case. She wasn't kept in the dark. If Sky or Chris Hughes had testified, the jury would know that Jodi was crazy, nothing that came out of her mouth was true, and they were not saying Travis was a bad guy, just trying to get that crazy b---h to leave their dear friend alone. The judge was crying for the Alexander family. I know a lot of people don't think much of her, but I believe she thought the case was so strong, she had to give the DT most of what they asked for in order for the decision not to be over-turned.

IMO her voice cracked while thanking jurors for their service to their community.
I have no problem with her being a bit emotional while thanking them for doing their civic duty for a long five months.

Yes, but ALV is the one who, as a hired gun, provided the false context.

Really really false context. Because you know she could read into the real meaning behind words. Give me a break.

Somewhere ALV was glowing when she heard that the jury believed Jodi was abused.

I won't go so far as to agree Wilmott's closing was good - she "guilted" the jury, put blood on their hands because the little murderer is nothing more than a bloody slaughtering murderer. However, after watching the Rose Colored Glasses video, I suspect if LWOP is the end result, the little murderer will be cursing Wilmott every day for the rest of her life.

Poetic Justice.

Wow. After watching that, I think it's a great accomplishment that this jury was able to reach a verdict of Murder 1, then Cruelty.

I AGREE! let's all be very, very thankful. This could have all gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Seeing foreman's comments, I just feel like CMJA has won. I now she hasn't, she's locked up in jail and not free on the streets, but I just feel so let down b/c I can't believe at least this one person believed her story of emotional abuse, and that is exactly what she wanted. It's like she really almost did it, I would love to hear the breakdown in the guilt phase and how many originally thought 2nd degree....I think maybe a couple of did and they got swayed over. Let's thank God for that.

I just have so much trouble coming to terms with CMJA hearing what this foreman said about her "emotional abuse" and just filling up with glee and hope. That's what really really gets me.

The same one Michael Kiefer leaked before it was released.

OH, that is very interesting...

I think there needs to be some investigation done on this issue.
(I am REALLY biting my tongue so I don't post exactly how I feel and earn a TO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member