Verdict is in

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish TM. Parents would take to the airwaves and implore for peace. No one else needs to be hurt. Not Crump. Not Sharpton. Mom and Dad. They have the most powerful voices in all of this. JMO

His dad has put a few words on twitter but all calm and about loving his son.. Not anything that is stirring the pot.

I hope that this verdict tells all Americans that it's okay to defend yourself against violent attack. MOO.

Really? You don't wish that it had just ended as a fistfight?

Do you know how many fistfights there are across the US every day? No matter the verdict, I would hope that folks don't start thinking that those sorts of wounds mean they are dying and get all crazy about it.

It totally depends on the situation, but I'd hate to see every bar brawl or football argument end like this did. Especially with people going around concealed-carry.

As a gun owner, I'd like to advocate for much greater responsibility among gun owners. Even if the FL law doesn't mandate extreme responsibility, it is very important and morally imperative. Because GZ was carrying, he needed to be responsible beyond any reproach, imho. He needed to be extra careful. He needed to keep his gun away from any fistfights he got himself into :(

I really wish TM. Parents would take to the airwaves and implore for peace. No one else needs to be hurt. Not Crump. Not Sharpton. Mom and Dad. They have the most powerful voices in all of this. JMO

You are so right, Zuri.

But totally understandable if they don't want to. I wouldn't want to talk to anyone after all this and certainly not to play peace maker.

QueenD and just sailing, I hope you sons are safe. I fear for the police.

Testing changes to my sig. Please move along. Nothing to see here. :)

What exactly would the parents get from Zimmerman? I don't think he has any assets to go after.

Although he may if he writes a book and goes on a media tour, but I think it would be safer for him to just disappear quietly.

Movie, books, songs, people will be approaching him to do all kinds of things. I'm sure the Martins don't want him making money off of their dead son. He probably has to pay back his attorneys and whoever he had working for him. He's going to have a lot more problems then what he cares for.

Thanks mods for all you do!

O'Mara praising the jury.
GZ "not guilty of anything but protecting himself"

I agree with that to an extent. However, GZ and the rest of the world knows, had he not got out of his car and targeted TM there would have never been a reason to defend himself. GZ created the reason to defend himself. Maybe that's why I thought manslaughter was possible, but certainly not 2nd degree.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I see both men responsible.
TM could have walked away, but chose not to.

Sad all around. No winners in this case.

Additionally, GZ set neighborhood watch programs backwards. Because of his actions, many will NOT want or particpate in NW programs.

I didn't expect this verdict. I heard the Judge say that GZ bond would be released. Makes me wonder if he strapped on his semi-automatic before leaving tonight?
IMO

Why is O'Mara going on and on about civil rights? This is bizarre. Attorneys should be smart and stfu after a trial. It just makes them look like they have an agenda. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15