Verdict Suggests Juries are Tired of Theoretical Justice & Circumstancial Evidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought...actually, A CONCEPT or IDEA that's occurred to me ever since OJ...

We should SCRAP THE JURY SYSTEM.
Yes, do away with it.

Truly, I ask you all ------> WHO wants to be tried by a so-called Jury
consisting of one's "PEERS??" Really? Yeah?

Twelve so-called "peers" who've been specially-chosen FOR THEIR UTTER
IGNORANCE, GULLIBILITY, and MALLEABILITY?

Not me. No way, Jose. um...ahem... :crazy:

Those 12 lazy, muddle-headed, brain-deficient clowns were nowhere NEAR to
being "peers" even to Casey Anthony herself.

HEY! Even SHE deserved better!

The "Jury System" should be replaced with a System consisting of a
TRIAL by TRIBUNAL,
OR
A System consisting of a Jury comprised of PROFESSIONAL JURORS.

1) A TRIBUNAL -------> Three learned, seasoned, AND WISE Judges.
A Majority convicts. In Death Penalty Cases only, a conviction must be Unanimous.

2) A Jury comprised of PROFESSIONAL JURORS.

"Certified Professional Juror" would be A CAREER, A PROFESSION very-much like
Nursing (Certified RN)...Accounting (Certified CPA)...etc.

Preparation would REQUIRE a B.A. or B.S. (at minimum) in "JUROLOGY"
from an Accredited University. Yes, JUROLOGY.

Think about it, friends and kiddies. Think about it.

I believe this would be A HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the current "System,"
which has become a cruel, frustrating, illogical, unreasonable, unreliable,
inconsistent, unpredictable JOKE utterly detached from our Western/Judeo-Christian
moral and ethical precepts of our heritage.

Until then, I Pray and hope this once-great Nation somehow survives the
next 1.5 years.

There are some sealed records.
I believe that is the real case.
Hiden for a reason - A REASON we can not talk about here.

There were a few suspicious things from the get-go like WHO? was paying for ICA's defense & WHY?..It was reported it was a mysterious donor from CT..Also, some person claiming to be who they weren't but I don't recall the gist of that one..Other then that, which was a BIG deal at the time, I don't believe anything else nefarious coming to light.

I def don't buy into anything Wendy Murphy has to say..When she was on Fox last weekend & gave this scenario the host (?) & all the guests blew her off as :crazy: I did too at the time & haven't changed my mind one smidge since then.

eta..To clairfy, I'm not saying I don't think anyone can believe or even contemplate it IF that's what they chose to do..

That was the dumbest article because apparently this jury loved theories, and voted to free Casey Anthony based on theory alone. They thought it might have been an accident, yet there was no proof introduced that this was an accident. They claim the state didn't prove its case, but I'd like to see them back up their verdict with proof, and not innuendo.

We have a great justice system, but what this case proves is that there needs to be an interactive instruction session for the jurors prior to deliberations so that we are assured jurors understand the task that lies ahead of them. No, on second thought, we need to insure that jurors are competent to be seated as jurors prior to voir dire, that their comprehension isn't lacking, that they understand the difference between theory and proof, that they have an understanding of the expression cumulative evidence, etc., etc., that they know what inculpatory and exculpatory evidence is.

There were a few suspicious things from the get-go like WHO? was paying for ICA's defense & WHY?..It was reported it was a mysterious donor from CT..Also, some person claiming to be who they weren't but I don't recall the gist of that one..Other then that, which was a BIG deal at the time, I don't believe anything else nefarious coming to light.

I def don't buy into anything Wendy Murphy has to say..When she was on Fox last weekend & gave this scenario the host (?) & all the guests blew her off as :crazy: I did too at the time & haven't changed my mind one smidge since then.

eta..To clairfy, I'm not saying I don't think anyone can believe or even contemplate it IF that's what they chose to do..

I don't find Wendy Murphy's theory credible either. However, if one of our posters on this forum has credible evidence to the contrary, then he/she has an obligation to pass it on.

Re $$ - I understand that $200,000 was paid by ABC for the rights to the photos of Caylee (taken by Casey). That money was used to pay Baez et al. The balance was picked up by the good state of Florida.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

In addition, even though many people think it was an accident, that is only speculation, based on JB's opening statement, which by the way is not to be considered evidence. Maybe the jury didn't have time to review that piece of instruction in the 10 hrs they gave to Caylee's justice. There was nothing, no evidence presented in the 6 wks of testimony to indicate it was an accident. Nada. Some of the jury members say the didn't want to speculate...but they did. Them not wanting to speculate is, IMO, an excuse to justify their wrong decision. And they let a murderer of a precious 2 yr old baby walk free.What a disgrace and shame to our justice system. I believe this jury will be remembered for generations for their "mistake" and injustice and disrespect for Caylee. JMO

ubm

Those pictures of Caylee climbing the pool ladder & at the sliding door (in NO way proving she got it open any further or that it wasn't left that way by someone else) was brought into 'evidence' by the defense..But the jury had to SPECULATE to reach the opinion she probably did drown in the pool & that's exactly what I think they did..They also took into consideration the STORY put forth in JB's OS which was she did, in fact, drown in the pool on 7/16..And that ICA had ZERO to do with it..How he was allowed to even go there is beyond me! :banghead:

eta..and the jury did consider his OS (confirmed by alternate juror on Dateline last night) is beyond frustrating!

I don't find Wendy Murphy's theory credible either. However, if one of our posters on this forum has credible evidence to the contrary, then he/she has an obligation to pass it on.

Re $$ - I understand that $200,000 was paid by ABC for the rights to the photos of Caylee (taken by Casey). That money was used to pay Baez et al. The balance was picked up by the good state of Florida.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I believe ABC did pay that $$$ but this 'donor' biz came directly from JB long before we knew about ABC=there was even more paid then just the $200,000.

IIRC, Baez said he didn't have to reveal the 'anonymous' donor..It was someone (I'm almost sure he said in CT) that believed in ICA's 'innocence' & it was left at that..At some point later the judge ordered he reveal how much $$$ & where it came from..IIRC some of it was told in open court while more was said behind 'closed doors'..That could possibly be sealed???

The crux of the article is:

"I would never convict someone based on circumstantial evidence. Somebody whom I deem reliable is going to have to testify that he saw the crime committed before I'm going to help send someone to prison or have them executed."

Not only is the author unable to consider circumstantial evidence, he must have a witness whom he deems reliable?? All crimes must be WITNESSED??

Wow! Did the Casey Anthony jury take turns reading this article to each other during deliberation?

This is truly terrifying if that is what a prospective juror believes -- but it will certainly solve the overcrowding in US prisons.

This is what is scary to me. Because since this verdict has come down, I have heard a few people in my community echo the same sentiment. They don't seem to view circumstantial evidence as credible. I guess they really do want a video of the crime happening regardless of evidence and jury instructions.

ubm

Those pictures of Caylee climbing the pool ladder & at the sliding door (in NO way proving she got it open any further or that it wasn't left that way by someone else) was brought into 'evidence' by the defense..But the jury had to SPECULATE to reach the opinion she probably did drown in the pool & that's exactly what I think they did..They also took into consideration the STORY put forth in JB's OS which was she did, in fact, drown in the pool on 7/16..And that ICA has ZERO to do with it..How he was allowed to even go there is beyond me! :banghead:

I don't understand it either, the defense should not be allowed to throw out theories without some evidence to back them up. At the very least, if they're going to invent such theories, they should be forced to explain the surrounding circumstances. For instance, if Casey was there when the drowning occurred, which is what Baez claimed, then she should be able to say what time of day it happened. The fact that he couldn't tells me that the story is a total fabrication and he did not want the prosecution to show that Casey was alone with Caylee at the time. Baez couldn't have blamed George if George wasn't even there.

Can someone please explain to me what is meant by "Casey contributed to Caylee's death." I see people who believe the jury made the right decision saying that and I can't figure out how both things can be possible.

If I wanted to stage something to look like a kidnapping I'd put duct tape across the person's mouth. I can't see why you wouldn't get that would be something a person who wanted to stage it like a kidnapping would do?

The thing is kidnappers dont bring their sticker albums with them during a kidnapping. No kidnapper would put a heart shaped sticker over duct tape after killing them!!

The Wendy Murphy article reminded me of all of the 911 consipiracy theories and who shot JFK? How many men were there on the grassy knoll?

Is it possible that Caylee was sold into the sex trade or used as some type of sexual bargaining chip? I guess so, but then wouldn't ICA have been getting some $$? Why would she steal money from her mom, grandparents, Amy, etc if she was being paid to pimp out Caylee?

I also have a hard time believing that George is even smart enough to have been some type of ringleader or in tight with some sort of gang or group. Didn't George fall victim to some Nigerian bank scheme or something similar? He just doesn't strike me as that conniving.

However, as Italy stated above, if anyone has evidence that Caylee was a victim of the sex trade, I strongly agree those people have an obligation to report it.

Early in the case there was more said about this and then we were told to not post on that topic.
That article is just a small segment of many that we have seen in the early stages of this case.
I WILL SAY NO MORE. please do not push me, see if you can find information on your own, but much has been removed.
OR believe what ever works for you. I do not believe that the case presented is the case at all. :(

I remember a little of this, very little. If I remember correctly it was all just speculation at the time, another theory.

I remember a little of this, very little. If I remember correctly it was all just speculation at the time, another theory.

Some of the theories and speculation is really out there and based on nothing at all.

I have no idea at all what this is about. But if members were told not to post about this topic I'm sure there's a good reason why.Hence it shouldn't be brought up at all.

ubm

Those pictures of Caylee climbing the pool ladder & at the sliding door (in NO way proving she got it open any further or that it wasn't left that way by someone else) was brought into 'evidence' by the defense..But the jury had to SPECULATE to reach the opinion she probably did drown in the pool & that's exactly what I think they did..They also took into consideration the STORY put forth in JB's OS which was she did, in fact, drown in the pool on 7/16..And that ICA had ZERO to do with it..How he was allowed to even go there is beyond me! :banghead:

eta..and the jury did consider his OS (confirmed by alternate juror on Dateline last night) is beyond frustrating!

I believe Tracy, LP's buddy that babysat ICA while she was on bail, said the door is hard to open.

I think the jury should have gone on a surprise visit to the A home and opened the door for themselves.

Never mind, it would not have mattered with this jury.

IMO

Besides, even the title of this article doesn't make sense, because a theory is exactly what this jury bought into!

I agree - what is great though is that the public is raining down on this jury. Thanks to having this trial televised we know the jury completely blew it and people are really speaking out and boycotting any efforts to pay them.

This jury is not getting a pass and are being called out on the fact that they did not do what they swore they would do - consider the evidence and render a fair verdict.

Just like the evidence was there to convict little Miss Casey Anthony, the facts are there for calling out this jury - both on the evidence in the trial and their own statements post trial.

It is our responsibility to speak out on this. It is truly an outrage and I suspect it was done out of ignorance, laziness and financial motive.

It also might teach future similar jurists to actually do their job.

Another interesting read is Tony Lazarro's deposition -- he states that during the 31 days, Casey awoke sweating profusely and explained to Tony that she had awakened from a nightmare. He testified that this had happened between 2-4 times.

One more thing that the jury didn't hear, although it probably wouldn't have made any difference with them.:twocents:

Imagine putting together a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle, and then finding out that there were only 490 pieces. But after putting together those 490 pieces, it looked like a beach scene, and it appeared to be a little girl in the picture. You see a pink bathing suit and a barbie doll, and a Dora back pack, but her face is missing. Most of us would sumise that it is indeed a little girl, and be confident doing so, but this jury would say, we don't really know that it's a little girl, we have some missing pieces. At least that's the way I see it, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb