Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth said in AZ you have to serve 85% of the sentence so that would be a little over 21 years...she's served almost 5...

So that would be umm (doin the math!) 16 yrs in prison for killing a man 3xs over. Wow. That would be sad.

I skipped over 14 pages to get here and still see the "men can't resist her "thing" coments. As a male I take this as a personal insult. There are plenty of "things" out there, and not all men think the same way. I would have no problem sending JA and her "thing" to death row thank you very much.

I've also read "it only takes one man" to get set her free etc., by the same token it would only take one woman as well. If you have a personal hatred for men ( ala ALV's home for abused "things") I suggest checking it at the door. /end rant

Actually, I would think that men would be able to see thru her facade more clearly...jmo

Good evening friends! I posted about this Friday but was soon after distracted by family stuff ("Mom, where's my phone? Mom, tell Andrew to quit staring at me!") but anyway, I'm going to light a candle for Travis tonight, during Tricia's podcast, and send all sorts of good energy to Travis's friends and family. We all want their prayers to be answered soon. So in the spirit of positive thinking, do ya'll want to light a candle for Travis tonight (8pm EST)?

For you, a mom!!

http://youtu.be/CXgoJ0f5EsQ

What I don't get also is this--Jodi said Travis kicked her while she was on the ground one time.

Okay, so why didn't Travis kick her in the bathroom when she was on the ground?

Yes, anything we can do to show our support. I was reading a huffingtonpost article on the trial earlier today -some of the comments against Travis were just awful! It's a crazy world beyond the walls of websleuths. I needed to come here and detox. :scared:

There are no doubt some seriously crazy conspiracy people out there in the world, and it's become more evident in the past 6 months, with all of the terrible tragedies that have occurred in our country.

Just read the recent comments online about the Boston bombers being innocent and the victims being actors. It's beyond sick and disgusting.

Some people are just so miserable in their life that they hate everyone and everything, and cause commotion to get a rise out of their day. Just ignore them, they will drown in their own darkness.

Assuming the jurors have obeyed the Judge's orders not to watch or read anything pertaining to this case, they are going to be absolutely gob-smacked when they start learning about things we have known about for months now.

Can't imagine what it's going to be like in that jury room tomorrow when they finally have a chance to decompress. Can't imagine being together for 4 months and not being able to discuss the trial amongst each other! Oh, to be a fly on the wall! My guess is they would like to give JA the DP ten times over! This is not an OJ jury, and this is not downtown L.A.! Juan Martinez knows his juries and he brought it home to them so beautifully on Friday. Hope the Judge allows the jury to do a press conference after the verdict!

As for Jodi Arias, I hope she has 'hordes' of outraged Travis supporters lining the streets as she rides the prison bus to the jail house! Wish I could be there!!!

Mikee mentions JA did a throat slashing motion in his latest. Did anyone see that?

[video=youtube;3koFXCLz3Q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3koFXCLz3Q8[/video]

I skipped over 14 pages to get here and still see the "men can't resist her "thing" coments. As a male I take this as a personal insult. There are plenty of "things" out there, and not all men think the same way. I would have no problem sending JA and her "thing" to death row thank you very much.

I've also read "it only takes one man" to get set her free etc., by the same token it would only take one woman as well. If you have a personal hatred for men ( ala ALV's home for abused "things") I suggest checking it at the door. /end rant

:rockon::rockon::rockon:
My Dh has said the same thing!!

What I don't get also is this--Jodi said Travis kicked her while she was on the ground one time.

Okay, so why didn't Travis kick her in the bathroom when she was on the ground?

Wait!!!! Did you say ------ Jodi said? :floorlaugh:

Sorry wasnt_me, couldn't resist ;)

I HATE road trips, but if she's on a chain gang, I'd be tempted to drive to Arizona and spend my summer driving around Miracopa County just so I could witness this myself. And point and laugh.

Sorry, NOT going to happen, she is a Max security, High profile inmate. She won't be on any chain gang, no matter how much we want it.:banghead:

Not entirely familiar with US / Arizona law - but I would think that most countries are the same this way - charges are laid by the prosecutor, based on the DA's understanding of the evidence. Not on the wishes of the family of the deceased.

Also, iirc, Martinez routinely goes for the death penalty and refuses to accept any plea.

The family wanted the death penalty their wish is his command.

Yeah I thought so too! She was trying to get him to say stuff at one point she goes what!! So he could repeat.

I wondered if it had been scripted. Just seemed that way the very first time I heard it. I have a feeling it was a scripted setup. He thought it was her fantasy type of thing. She knew it was to record him and use it for blackmail purposes.
Jmo

Well - I can't read people's minds and I'm not a psychiatrist - so it's just my observations.

I see a woman who killed her lover - in a very brutal fashion. It wasn't a good relationship - toxic in fact - and they both should have ended it long before 2008. But they didn't.

I see a tragically broken, grieving family looking for closure and justice.

And I see a prosecutor who could have taken the 2nd degree plea, had her sentenced to life, allowed the family to read their impact statements and walked away from it all ages ago.

If that had occured - I think Travis's family would be much farther on the road to healing.

I have 2 sons - can't imagine losing either of them. I would likewise be devastated beyond belief.

Nor can I imagine trying to go through the circus this trial became.

But I won't read my own personal anger onto a complete stranger and call it truth.

The Alexander Family turned down the 2nd degree plea. You are a lot kinder than I am.

Not entirely familiar with US / Arizona law - but I would think that most countries are the same this way - charges are laid by the prosecutor, based on the DA's understanding of the evidence. Not on the wishes of the family of the deceased.

Also, iirc, Martinez routinely goes for the death penalty and refuses to accept any plea.

Not a fan of the prosecutor, huh?

Well, thank goodness nail files aren't on there because a nail file in an inmate's possession? :eek:

But how does she get her nails so straight and they look well groomed.

That's going to bug me now. Unless one of the Alpha Females in there can hook her up with an inmate who is a manicurist.

She has a lot of free time. She spends the remainder of her time telling her pal what evil tweets to send. Not much of a days work is it?

"After months of a grueling trial, testimony was finally over. It’s time for Juan Martinez to enter the court room to begin his closing remarks. As he walked into the court room, I believe Travis was walking with him. He paused as Juan went to his seat, and looked at his family. They sat diligently through the hours of horrifying attempts to take Travis’s accomplishments away from him and ruin the memory of a man who was trying to make his way through this cruel world. He smiled at them, went one by one and touched their cheeks. “Relax” Travis whispered. “This is almost over.” An eerie calm settled over the Alexander family and friends. Samantha and Tanisha both felt his presence watching over them..."

continue here (delete space between twit and longer)

http://www.twit longer.com/show/n_1rk4tj0

Man .... did that ever cause the flood gates to open. I can hardly turn off the waterworks. Great blog! Be back in awhile ... gotta collect myself.

I think JA took the gun and knife and wasn't even sure herself which one she was going to use. She was going to make sure it happened though, that's why she brought two weapons...one and then a spare.

I think the knife was for if the roommates were there. Since Travis was alone, the noise wasn't a concern.

I think that JA will deny anyone the satisfaction of seeing her genuine reaction to a guilty verdict. I predict she will hear "guilty of murder 1" calmly and peacefully, even with a little smirk.

She has no remorse, and seems to really believe she is entitled to special treatment. She has appeared quite hostile to the alexander family, and I think she will deny them any satisfaction at all by seeing her react to the verdict.

Before you skipped, I hope you realise some of us were also trying to defend "men".

Assuming the jurors have obeyed the Judge's orders not to watch or read anything pertaining to this case, they are going to be absolutely gob-smacked when they start learning about things we have known about for months now.

Can't imagine what it's going to be like in that jury room tomorrow when they finally have a chance to decompress. Can't imagine being together for 4 months and not being able to discuss the trial amongst each other! Oh, to be a fly on the wall! My guess is they would like to give JA the DP ten times over! This is not an OJ jury, and this is not downtown L.A.! Juan Martinez knows his juries and he brought it home to them so beautifully on Friday. Hope the Judge allows the jury to do a press conference after the verdict!

As for Jodi Arias, I hope she has 'hordes' of outraged Travis supporters lining the streets as she rides the prison bus to the jail house! Wish I could be there!!!

I've been thinking about the jury too. When they met briefly on Friday, they must have been so relieved.

One thing I had not considered, however, was a crowd outside of the courthouse. Will people actually gather there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV