DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this isn't allowed, but I thought you all should know about this:

This was on my Facebook wall, tonight:

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
UPDATE: United we contacted Dior regarding Arias' copyrighted 'art'. Dior responded and are meeting with lawyers to issue a cease and desist notice. If she doesn't comply, legal proceedings will commence.

Well done Team Travis. It was this page who first posted the violations and you all took action - like the time we stood united against eBay. We did it again!

:thewave::thewave:

Apologies if this is a silly question and really obvious......but is there anywhere to listen to this outside of the US? I have seen it mentioned a couple of times and would love to listen to it if I can.

Aww Thank oooo :seeya:

Doe this work for you...I have been listening to it. Its about 3 hours long

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/05/06/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

That is on the \net, so you should be able to get it....I think

I got only 4 hours of sleep today. I can't think about anything else. Just had a nice lush shower with a good scalp/head oil massage to refresh myself.

It's all a bit surreal now that deliberations are going on. Today is a big, big day. I am very grateful for Websleuths and you lovely people here. Prayers for this jury to get it right.

I agree.......I have never quite got over that verdict either.

And I never knew about WS site then either.....I wish I had as most people I know never watched the trial like I did, so didn`t quite get it as much as people on here would have.

I would have had somewhere to vent......lol......other than my poor DH.

:wagon: to you ScottishCarole!!! I'm relatively new to WS, (joined at the very end of March), but have already grown to love and appreciate these fine folks so much! It's so nice to have a place to go where everyone understands your trial obsession/addiction, and there's so much intelligent and insightful discussion here.

Back during the CA trial, I was on a FB page for CA trial watchers, but there was nowhere near the quality of discussion that you get here at WS. Hmmmm... I wonder if there's a WS forum/thread for all of us who still haven't gotten over the CA verdict...

:wagon: to you ScottishCarole!!! I'm relatively new to WS, (joined at the very end of March), but have already grown to love and appreciate these fine folks so much! It's so nice to have a place to go where everyone understands your trial obsession/addiction, and there's so much intelligent and insightful discussion here.

Back during the CA trial, I was on a FB page for CA trial watchers, but there was nowhere near the quality of discussion that you get here at WS. Hmmmm... I wonder if there's a WS forum/thread for all of us who still haven't gotten over the CA verdict...

Thanks......yes I could still do with venting now and again about CA.

This site is amazing, considering the subject matter. I`m looking forward to staying a member :seeya:

:seeya: Hatfield! I almost didn't recognize her either, but my eyes & ears perked up when I heard her name. Dr. Hayes had long blonde hair when she was on the stand in the JA trial, but had shorter (shoulder length), dark strawberry blonde hair on "Mystery Detectives"... very pretty! And I was impressed with her ability to recognize the coerced false confession. (Btw, the bullying LE officer really made me appreciate Det. Flores!)

About the victim's alleged "stab wounds" on his arm... It was briefly mentioned at the end of the show that those wounds were sustained when a boat propeller struck the victim post-mortem.

Thanks so much for the explanation about the boat propeller. That was the part that confused me the most. I am so glad the defendent was found not guilty as he should be with that coerced confession. That LE person still thinks he did nothing wrong which was incredible. You are so right about the contrast with Flores. Flores is an excellent detective who does things right.

I love the words of the lawyer at the end. He said something along the lines of "try picking on me next time". That laywer was big enough to handle him to and I am glad he publicly said that to the LE person.

Anyway, thanks again. That was one of the better shows I have seen on that series. I watch a lot of them.

Previously I posted:

Travis said Jodi scammed him. Meaning, imo, when he said he was finally really through with her, he went to his finances and realized that the advances in commissions he had been giving her were against PPL sales which she never made. The names were bogus, etc, something like that.

I got this idea from his threat to tell Chris and Skye, who were her upline. Why tell them instead of the bishop? Because it was a PPL scam where she used her information she snooped to enter his PPL account and transfer his sales to herself, and he found out she had been doing whatever it was for some time.

Thanks for all the responses. I have more reasons why I believe that Jodi Arias and Gus Searcy were involved in fraud regarding PPL.

Jodi had to have a certain level of production in order to be eligible for the conferences, the Executive dinners, and the trips the company offered. Without actually working, Jodi could not meet those requirements and now that she was not going to be Travis' guest, she had to do something or she wouldn't be able to go.

And she was desperate for money to live on finding it hard to live on a waitress' wages.

She talked to her friend Gus and asked him for advice. She could a) find a new guy to be his guest, or b) she could do the work and sell more legal insurance, or c) she could run a scam on the PPL system. Gus could tell her who was even higher up the ladder than Travis, a Mormon, and single. But even more interesting, he knew exactly how the PPL cash rewards system worked. He knew where the loopholes might be. And she's a hacker! What a perfect combination. She loved road trips and he had a motorhome. It's not the longest reach of imagination to think she might have offered her company on road trips as an incentive for him to help her run the scam "just until I get my production numbers up for real."

There are a number of mysteries in this case (and in most cases) which sleuthers wonder why they are not solved. As a former paralegal/detective I can tell you there are MANY interesting aspects of complex cases which are not followed up on simply because they do not provide proof of guilt or premeditation. They just scratch the curiosity itch. The prosecution does not want to spend the taxpayer's money for that and the defense is often being paid out of public money as well.

In the case of the Mystery Scam, the solution of this mystery goes towards motive, which has already been established. Even if they are wrong about Cancun being a motive for murder, jealousy has been proven by the stalking and peeping tom behavior of Ms. Arias. So the nature of the Mystery Scam doesn't move the case forward.

But we here at websleuths want to know and we are getting more and more evidence and information every day.

I think there was a conspiracy to defraud going on between Gus and Jody and that when they realized that Travis was about to expose the whole thing--they decided to kill Travis before he told Chris or anyone at Cancun.

Travis was giving Jodi hell for failing to meet the minimum production levels at PPL. You can imagine what an embarrassment this would be for the motivational speaker, for the author that he couldn't even motivate his own girlfriend to do better than $1700 a year. A YEAR!

I believe she cried to Gus that Travis was ashamed of her and she asked for his help, manipulating a PPL has-been to feel important again, to feel involved. At first, he did give her motivational ideas, which he shared on the stand, "It's just a matter of numbers, Jodi, you make XX phone calls and 10% of those will be sales." When she continued to fall below quota and feared losing Travis, Gus agreed to help her hack her numbers up "just so I can qualify for the trip" and that's how it began. Over time, it became an established scam, whatever it was, which was siphoning sales/profits/downline from Travis. Jodi knew he wasn't watching his bank accounts and his PPL production closely, so she had motive and opportunity.

Travis says she scammed HIM, so what she may have done is take people from his downline and enter her sales number as their upline instead of him. He says he wants "that person's information" so it may be that he discovered the theft, accused her and she told him it wasn't her but she knew who it was. That person was Gus Searcy

On the stand, Searcy said he took her under his wing and spoke with her weekly in telephonic motivational and accountability conversations. That's a common business practice HOWEVER, Jodi's boyfriend is a motivational speaker, why not him? And Jodi is in Chris Hughes downline, and he makes money if Jodi is productive, so why not him?

In my view, they were partners hacking the PPL computer system. Jodi made money and Gus got her companionship and attention. SHe loved road trips and he had a motorhome. Perhaps she promised to travel with him on a bucket list tour if he helped her qualify for these important events like the Executive Dinner, and trips to Cancun.

*Gus said the person in the car when he received the news of Travis' death was afraid of (Chris) Hughes! Can we believe this? What do we know for sure? All we know for sure is that revealing who the person in the car was would be self-incriminating in the opinion of Gus Searcy himself.

I submit that in the scenario that I suggested, where Jodi Arias and Gus Searcy are running a PPL scam, the logical person in the car who would incriminate Gus Searcy in the murder would be only two people: Jodi Arias herself or an accomplice. Since Jodi Arias was at her aunt's house when she received the notification, could she have been with Gus when he was contacted?

Gus insisted she called him on the day of the murder to tell him Travis was dead. Gus Searcy's trailer was in Las Vegas on June 4, 2008. Jodi Arias has five unaccounted hours in which she was wandering around in the desert lost in a fog. I believe she drove directly to Gus Searcy's motorhome, where she rendezvoused with Matt, cleaned up and sent him to dispose of the bloody clothes, the murder weapon, the gas cans. It was Matt who so thoroughly cleaned out the rental car and disposed of the floor mats. If Jodi says they were discarded in the desert, I say look in the ocean.

I have never believed that Jodi could do a date-ready cleanup on herself using bottles of Costco water by the side of the road in the desert. She didn't have time at Travis' to both clean up the murder scene and groom herself to look perfectly normal for Ryan Burns.

She said Matt didn't answer his phone "until he was there." I believe the "there" referred to is the Searcy motorhome in Las Vegas.

Matt traveled with her in California for reasons that have not been made clear (at least to me). I believe Matt was the unidentified man who came into the Redding Budget Rental location with Jodi. I think he drove down with her so they could go over every step of the murder plan. They planned to rendezvous in Las Vegas, where "all he would do" is to dispose of the evidence and help her clean up the car. I can imagine him agreeing to help her with the planning and cleanup and absolutely refusing to have anything to do with the murder itself. She dropped him off in Santa Cruz rather than picked him up there for a meaningless drive to Monterey.

I believe Matt was the intended recipient of the magazine messages and didn't know that Jodi felt the mistake he made was fixable. When he realized he had contradicted what she had been saying for a year, he was terrified. He knows she's a killer and is viciously vindictive towards those who she thinks have harmed her. He moves on with his life, gets married and does no want his new family to be at risk. His new wife worries that they are in danger from a woman like this who can hire someone to kill them. She's selling art. She has money. His new wife bets him to just leave with her and the kids and go somewhere that doesn't have extradition. They disappear, apparently out of the country.

Gus Searcy could not give the name of the person in the car because there was no reason on earth he should be associated with Matt if he was just a weekly motivational phone call to Jodi.

More later.....

You could be right. I didn't believe any one else helped kill Travis but I did think there was something going on that involved Gus Searcy and Matt McCartney. I get the impression MM and Daryl Brewer are scared of JA or scared of something she has over them. If she is locked away for good or gets Dp they may feel safe enough to come clean but I won't hold my breath!

I am awake far to early, but Justice for Travis is so much on my mind. I also suffered during the CA case and like many of you am still having trouble with that outcome. In fact, I was thinking about that, and I think it's because Caylee wasn't THERE, in the court room. There was no one that knew and loved her there for her. The people that loved her loved her killer more. But Travis is there, we feel him. In the grief stricken faces of his family we see, this man mattered. Every tear they shed reminds us of the real cost. They are upfront and center and we can see Travis sitting with them, wiping away their sorrow. If we feel this, hundreds of miles away thru a television screen, imagine the impact to the jury who is right there. I hope and pray that today is the day.

Lighting a Candle in Memory of Travis, and THAT Justice will be served!
An Eye for an Eye! (MOO)

AnimatedCandleThoughtandPrayers.gif

I ask all other WS's to Light a Candle for a Speedy//Positive Verdict for Travis!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

You could be right. I didn't believe any one else helped kill Travis but I did think there was something going on that involved Gus Searcy and Matt McCartney. I get the impression MM and Daryl Brewer are scared of JA or scared of something she has over them. If she is locked away for good or gets Dp they may feel safe enough to come clean but I won't hold my breath!

i thought the same thing.

especially when i heard that the phone used to record the "sex tape" was giving to JA from Gus..

when Gus refused to give the name of the person in the car, i instantly thought thought "MATT".

Thank you so much for finding the thread.

Oh my goodness, how emotional that was to read. A truly amazing story.

Thanks again really appreciate it. I had searched through a lot of posts but just couldn`t find it.

It`s 8.40am here......hoping and praying later on today we get a verdict......the right one of course.

I saw the video of her dragging her thumb in a slicing motion across her throat when JM was talking. Unbelievably scary what must have been going through her evil mind at that point.

Shocking.

Is there a short clip or a link floating around showing the slicing motion Jodi made from the defense table? I don't think I've seen it. Man, she is bolder than bold, stupid too.

EDIT ~~ Never mind, I found it:
[video=youtube;qLxNbzveMyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY[/video]

:seeya:

OMG Hi guys!! I finally can post :D yay! I even have my ribbon up and everything :>

This is my very first post! I've spent the last few days trying to get an account and waiting for the verification XD

Let me just say you guys have opened my eyes to a lot of details in this case. I'm so grateful for finding this awesome community.

I see some of you are talking about the radio interview with Chris Hughes. He was amazing. I felt so uplifted towards the end of 3 hours. He shed a lot of light on who Travis really was. If you haven't listened to it yet I highly recommend doing so :)

I am awake far to early, but Justice for Travis is so much on my mind. I also suffered during the CA case and like many of you am still having trouble with that outcome. In fact, I was thinking about that, and I think it's because Caylee wasn't THERE, in the court room. There was no one that knew and loved her there for her. The people that loved her loved her killer more. But Travis is there, we feel him. In the grief stricken faces of his family we see, this man mattered. Every tear they shed reminds us of the real cost. They are upfront and center and we can see Travis sitting with them, wiping away their sorrow. If we feel this, hundreds of miles away thru a television screen, imagine the impact to the jury who is right there. I hope and pray that today is the day.

:welcome3: :seeya: :welcome3:

OMG Hi guys!! I finally can post :D yay! I even have my ribbon up and everything :>

This is my very first post! I've spent the last few days trying to get an account and waiting for the verification XD

Let me just say you guys have opened my eyes to a lot of details in this case. I'm so grateful for finding this awesome community.

I see some of you are talking about the radio interview with Chris Hughes. He was amazing. I felt so uplifted towards the end of 3 hours. He shed a lot of light on who Travis really was. If you haven't listened to it yet I highly recommend doing so :)

Welcome! Glad you joined us just in time for the verdict. Hopefully today!

:newbie::wagon:

Welcome UnicornSyrup! I see you are a fellow Texan too! :seeya:

:welcome4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members