Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think the service dog's sign was funny or cute. I thought it was precious, genuine, and endearing.

I think the media has made this trial into a circus and it's disgusting. I don't watch HLN anymore, haven't for most of the trial. Have just started watching again during verdict watch. IMO however pets are very personal and a real point where people can relate and connect. I think people saw Travis' love for Napoleon and appreciated that.

The dog outside the courthouse was that gentleman's service dog. He has a medical need for him and depends on him for something significant in his life. To me that was just as genuine and personal. Perhaps just because I know what it's like to have my dogs impact my life so profoundly and understand that in others.

The Thank You button just was not enough.:moo:

Oh good,I didn't hear that.Prayers for the Alexanders.
If it's true that laughter was heard from jurors -- then it sounds like they Are in agreement about major issues, seems that they're feeling lighthearted/not experiencing major disputes. Hopefully this is the way it's going -- the Alexander family must be under such stress right now!!

I just heard a good point made on HLN by a passerby at the courthouse interviewed by JVM. She said when Jodi came out of the fog in the desert she testified that she looked down and saw blood all over her hands. This person made the point that if Jodi had blood all over her hands at that point, why didn't all the stuff she admitted to touching at TA's house have blood on it? i.e. the clorox bottle, the door knob to his bedroom, the door knob to the house as she left, the dishwasher, the dog gate? It means Jodi washed her hands in the bathroom before leaving and lied to the jury about having blood all over her hands when she came out of the fog in the desert.

Was the jury shown the "headstand" video of Jodi?
No. I can't remember the wording but something about it being too prejudicial - they might judge her based on that, when they were meant to judge her based on the evidence. And the headstand doesn't count as evidence.

I sent to both WAT and CBS. I got a text back confirming my CBS request, but nothing from WAT. Maybe try the CBS one?? Maybe someone else can be of further assistance to you. Text BREAKING to 23765, even if it add the - I would try to send anyway.

Also, if your carrier is T-Mobile, the short codes do not work on their phones.

I didn't think the service dog's sign was funny or cute. I thought it was precious, genuine, and endearing.

I think the media has made this trial into a circus and it's disgusting. I don't watch HLN anymore, haven't for most of the trial. Have just started watching again during verdict watch. IMO however pets are very personal and a real point where people can relate and connect. I think people saw Travis' love for Napoleon and appreciated that.

The dog outside the courthouse was that gentleman's service dog. He has a medical need for him and depends on him for something significant in his life. To me that was just as genuine and personal. Perhaps just because I know what it's like to have my dogs impact my life so profoundly and understand that in others.

While I thought the sign was cute, it also made me think how anxious Napoleon had to have been for those 5+ days & beyond, so yes, he deserves justice too.

It says "waiting" as opposed to "reached a verdict" so I wouldn't get too excited..jmo

Eta: I re-read. Jodi may have the option to hang with her lawyers instead of cells? Anyone know about this?

BBM: Ya know…I might be able to squeeze out an ounce of respect for them if it's true Jodi could hang with them and they told her, "Nope! Not today, Jodi. Not EVER!" :great:

Would it surprise you if I told you the creator of Alf is my moms cousin?

well, i once saw Don Ho sittin in traffic in Honolulu. :drumroll:
seriously, thats all i got. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BBM

^ So glad you said this RadarLuv. I often think of Deanna and how hard it will be for her when Napolean passes away. I know because, following the death of my mother, I inherited her beloved chihuahua. When he passed away 6 years later, not only had I lost a dear pet that I loved and adored, I felt as though I had also lost the last remaining piece/part of my mother.

JMO ~

I posted an almost identical sentiment a couple of weeks ago. For me, just before she died I promised my grandma I'd take her 16-year old kitty. Kept her, and loved her, and she loved me back, for another 8.5 years. It was devastating when she died for exactly the reason you expressed.

I have to tell you.... when Grandma died, I stayed in her house. And had to tell her beloved kitty that Grandma wouldn't be coming home and that if Toots would let me, I'd be her person. It was the oddest thing.... Toots sat on the floor and I swear she listened carefully to me. Finally she gingerly got up on my lap, looked me in the face like she was examining my soul, and then made her decision and curled up on my lap. We both cried. And from then on, even though she grieved, she knew we needed each other and we were a "committed couple". lol

Deanna will for sure have a difficult time when it's time. Sigh.

What do you like? BBQ? Cajun? Seafood? Texmex? Southern?

Sangrita drink?

Sangrita

INGREDIENTS

32 ounces tomato juice
2 cups fresh orange juice
1 cup Tequila (recommended: Herradura Blanco)
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup agave juice (or simple syrup)
5 dashes hot pepper sauce: (Tabasco)
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Lime wedged and sliced, for garnish and moistening glass rim

DIRECTIONS

Combine into a pitcher the tomato juice, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate.

In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the smoked paprika and salt. Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, and dip into the paprika-salt mixture. Put ice into a glass, and pour the mixture over and garnish with a lime slice.

I'm so confused by this drink... can't decide if it sounds gross, or delicious. I'd happily try it, though!

I just googled it and used one of the first that came up, most of them were exactly the same after doing some comparison.

But here you go:

Cowboy Candy (Candied Jalapeños)

Yield: Makes 6 half pint jars

Ingredients:

3 pounds fresh jalapeños, washed
2 cups apple cider vinegar
6 cups granulated sugar
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon celery seed
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Directions:

Remove stems from all of the jalapeños and slice into 1/8 to 1/4 inch rounds. Set aside.

In a large pot, bring the cider vinegar, sugar, turmeric, celery seed, garlic and cayenne pepper to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add the pepper slices and simmer for 5 minutes.

Use a slotted spoon, transfer the peppers into clean sterile canning jars leaving ¼ inch at the top of the jar.

Turn the heat and bring the syrup to a full rolling boil. Boil for 6 minutes. Pour the syrup over the jalapeño peppers in the jars but still leaving ¼ inch from the top. Make sure there are no air pockets. Wipe the rims of the jars with a clean, damp cloth and place lids on the jars.

You can store these in the refrigerator or complete the canning process so that they are shelf stable. Either way they need to mellow for at least two weeks before eating.

To complete the canning process place the jars in a large pot of hot water, covered by 2 inches. Bring the water to a full boil and boil for 10 minutes for half pints and 15 minutes for pints. When the time is up transfer jars to a cooling rack. Leave them to cool, undisturbed for 24 hours.

Thanks! Will for sure be trying this. I've never seen one like this. Grow lots of hot peppers and always looking for something new to use them for.

Can you just see travis talking sweetly and calmly with caylee as she skips thru heaven chasing butterflies.

I am consoled now thinking of Travis and Caylee together foever. No more Cindy or Casey to foul her beautiful spirit.

we all just need to buck up and realize these are 12 individuals. they get to do this their own way.

i refuse to freak out unless they go through friday and into the weekend with no verdict. THEN i will be very worried. for now, we need to stay positive. GOOD VIBRATIONS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV