Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i once saw Don Ho sittin in traffic in Honolulu. :drumroll:
seriously, thats all i got. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I once grabbed an autograph from someone who I had no idea who he was but since everyone else was getting autographs, I jumped in line too.

Does that count? :floorlaugh:

I just heard a good point made on HLN by a passerby at the courthouse interviewed by JVM. She said when Jodi came out of the fog in the desert she testified that she looked down and saw blood all over her hands. This person made the point that if Jodi had blood all over her hands at that point, why didn't all the stuff she admitted to touching at TA's house have blood on it? i.e. the clorox bottle, the door knob to his bedroom, the door knob to the house as she left, the dishwaser, the dog gate? It means Jodi washed her hands in the bathroom before leaving and lied about having blood on her hands in the desert.

She did have cuts on her own hands so any blood she saw in the desert was her own.

Just moo

I know this is a dumb question but....

I'm trying to sign up for text alert at WAT but every time I enter 33733 into the text number to call, it auto-inserts a hyphen after the 7 (like if it was storing a 7 digit phone number) and then it can't be sent. I don't have a smart phone, just the old kind.

Does anybody know what I mean and if there's any way to do it or any email verdict alerts?

Thanks!

Mine hyphenates it as well, and I have an iPhone. As long as you get a message back saying you've subscribed, you should be good to go!!

I have a questin about the sentencing phase...let's say during deliberations that there are maybe 1 or two that weren't sure 1st degree or 2nd degree, but then they were able to be brought around to the other's thinking based on the evidence.
Now, if they come back 1st degree, and then they get to the phase where they have to decide death or not, I'm thiking the one or two who weren't sure in the beginning are definately not going to want death. So how does that work? Then do they again have to convince them to vote with the others? This is what has me worried.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 5m

Valerie just came out with a ton of folders and went to the elevator. Still nothing noteworthy though. #JodiArias

well, i once saw Don Ho sittin in traffic in Honolulu. :drumroll:
seriously, thats all i got. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I saw Yoko Ono driving through Honolulu while me and a friend were eating at King's Bakery and lookin out the window! (no shrill eeeaaaaeeeeaaa yoko ono singing smilies - enter one here.)

:twocents:

I will not watch HLN, I will not watch HLN, I will not watch HLN, I will not watch HLN, I will not watch HLN, I will not watch HLN, I will not watch HLN, I will not watch HLN.

I will rely on my twitter account and you fine folks to let me know a verdict has been reached. Then I'll go over to AZFamily . com. I'm not gonna let JVM work me into a frenzy - I refuse.

I feel better now :)

Mel

I'm assuming that they just want to really go through all the steps she took amounting to premeditation. I honestly cannot fathom they would even consider manslaughter considering how laughable it seemed that KN traded in JA's defense during his closing like a swap meet so I'm figuring they are making sure this is Murder 1 not Murder 2. We have no doubt in the world but they just were released to the jury room with a barrage of oversensory overload. Considering the temper of their questions, they are very deliberate and intelligent people (at least those who asked the questions) so I'm not surprised they are probably being very careful in digesting everything to make the right decision - which of course is 1st degree.

Has anyone here read the book, Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn? My book club chose that book to read and I picked it up and couldn't put it down. There are so many similarities between that book and this case that I was just gobsmacked. I was hoping that someone else would post something about the book after having read it. I could list the similarities or I could start a thread, which I am reluctant to do. If a thread was started so the similarities could be discussed, there could be a disclaimer or "spoiler alert" for those that haven't read the book, but would like to in the near future.

It is currently on the NYT Bestseller List for hardbacks at #8. Maybe I am crazy, but I was just wondering if anyone else had read the book and noticed the same things that I had.

I hate this waiting!
I read it in almost a day and you don't want to know how I felt after at the end:banghead:

It would have been nice to hear his comments oh you know, back right after that verdict when we were all devastated. It might have been nice to know that he thought she should have been convicted too.

Don't know why it bugs me that he's just now opening up about it and making the rounds it seems.

IIRC he said he was now speaking because all her appeals were over.

Hi Everybody!! You guys are so funny. I keep popping in from work to check,(I don't trust that cbs will text me) and you have me cracking up. This is a long and difficult wait for sure.

I've got a question. When the M1 verdict comes back, the next phase is whether or not she meets the qualifications for the DP, right? Was it cruel........enough.

How will the DT argue this if they are still maintaining the client's innocence? Will they argue Travis **deserved** to be butchered because JA says she dropped the camera? REALLY?
I'm wondering how their argument will effect the appeals likely to come.
What do you guys think?

I missed all but the last hour of the radio show with Chris. I've got me a little drink to mellow me out, so I'm going to see what I missed in the first part. The part I heard was fantastic!

OMG! This is so nerve-racking. I voted 2 days on the poll...but was praying that I would be wrong.

Oh no, let's not forego the drinking game, we just find a new phrase.

If everyone's watching HLN, perhaps we go with something like 'We are live at the courthouse and...'

We hear that a lot on HLN, but not as often as approach during the trial, just saying.:drumroll:

It's good that we don't hear it as often. You want to be sober for this verdict!

She did have cuts on her own hands so any blood she saw in the desert was her own.

Just moo

She made it sound like this was the first clue since she was in that fog(!) that something went horribly wrong. Not like, "Gosh, Jodi. What did you cut your finger on?" jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV