Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feature on Jodi Arias on Inside Edition now. I'll post video link when it's available.

The St. Louis Zoo named their new baby elephant Priya today. Maybe that's a good omen.

BabyPriya.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It seems like everyone (professionals) say that this is the most compelling evidence they have ever seen in a murder case. What could the jury possibly be pondering? Are they killing time so it doesn't seem like a knee jerk reaction to a verdict?

I really think it's going to be in the morning. I don't know why, I get the impression these jurors will want to put in at least one full day of deliberations. Just a gut feeling.

I think it's a good sign they haven't asked for anything yet, or had questions. Hopefully it means they are all in agreement.

I would love for it to be today though - but I don't think it will.

Yes, or a video, a trail of breadcrumbs perhaps? :banghead:

Unfortunately I don't think some would even get it then! I'm amazed at how some jurors think, it baffles me.

How many hours have you discussed this case???
Give the jury a break for wanting to discuss the facts they haven't been able to speak about for 4 long months.
Just think it they start reading her journals it will take weeks, if not months j/k :lol:

On a side note, I just ate two servings of a Paleo Triple Berry Cobbler that I made, while the jurors were on their lunch break.

I'm so stuffed, I hope I don't fall asleep and the verdict comes back. haha

HLN just said that most decisions come AFTER lunch. hmmmmm

:seeya: Im sitting in the dark. Its 9:15 pm in Scotland. Everyone else is in bed. And Im :panic: that I'm gonna fall asleep and miss a verdict lol

Lots of Scots here! (I'm an American mutt, myself.) That traditional Scottish prayer just jumped into my head:

From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!

(Preferably read in that great Scots burr)

Forget the ghoulies...please deliver JUSTICE...and preferably SOON. Like, TODAY.
:seeya:

Okay, HLN and JVM just redeemed themselves a little in my eyes. They showed a man with a beautiful basset hound named Bentley, and Bentley is wearing a sign that says "Justice for Napoleon"

So true. Naps shouldn't be forgotten. He very likely heard and sensed what was happening, then he was left.

As an animal lover, every picture I see of Naps is heart-wrenching. I know a lot of fellow WS's think of him too.

Why doesn't HLN have anyone pro-prosecution on instead of all defense attorneys and Jean C ???

i think the arias case is a slam dunk for the prosecution. the defence did an adequate job trying to obfuscate the facts, but it's rather clear what happened; arias premeditated travis' murder.

such is the case, HLN has to 'raise the stakes' and make it seem like it could go either way. they treat the case like a sports match or gameshow, so fittingly, they need to make the outcome look somewhat less predictable.

For those who listened to the chatshow last night, Chris talked a lot about forgiveness. Michael just posted this comment on Observers thread in response to MandyLeigh. I thought it was good to read here too

Hi Mandy,

I spoke at length with Chris after last night's show and he was afraid people would misunderstand his thoughts about forgiveness, just as you (and I and anyone listening) probably did. Chris WANTS the killer to be convicted of 1st Degree Murder and he WANTS her to receive the death penalty, more for the life she'll lead as a death row inmate than anything.

Chris is "obviously not there yet." But that is his goal for one day...to forgive the killer. As he explained it to me, he felt almost out of body during his closing thoughts as if Travis or Jesus or something bigger than himself was speaking through him. I know his remarks hit me like a ton of bricks and made me realize things about myself that I've been holding onto...completely unaware of the personal damage I was inflicting on myself. I wept for hours in this realization.

In closing, there's no need to forgive this killer today, tomorrow, next week...there's no time frame on foregiveness. Justice MUST be served before some of us may possibly start the process of forgiving. But for our own good, we cannot hang on to the hatred endlessly.

Hope this clarifies Chris' message a bit for you.

HLN was going over the possible verdicts and the penalties for each. JA has been in jail for 5 years now. Do Arizona prisoners get time off for "good time?" If so if the jury comes back with manslaughter, she will likely be getting out with time served.

I so hope that doesn't happen!

Do these same jury members also decide during the penalty phase? Are they sequestered that whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95