Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They pay for their own lunches every day.

The jurors paid for their own lunches except during deliberation on the capital trial I served on. Jury requested to work through lunch and lunch was brought in on the State's dime for that one meal. That was in North Carolina.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22174436/...r-on-jodi-arias-coverage#.UYgaWrmWAPA.twitter
KPHO (CBS) - Phoenix, AZ -- 5/6/13

Message from CBS 5 News Director on Jodi Arias coverage

2464997_G.jpg

Sounds like a media pizzing match to me.

moo

A woman gave JVM a poster with some of her thoughts about the trial.
This woman had some very good points. One was if Jodi came out of the fog in the car and discovered she had blood on her hands, why was there no trail of bloody hand prints in the house as she was leaving Travis's house?
As Juan said in the trial--it's because she had the presence of mind to clean herself off before she moved about the rest of the house. Also no bloody footprints in the bedroom, stairs, or anywhere else in the house. Changed her bloody socks and/or put on shoes.

Just heard a great point on HLN via JVM. In regards to the "fog", there was no blood on the light switches, washer/dryer knobs, doorknobs, rental car steering wheel etc., yet she claims when she came out of her fog, her hands were covered in blood. Doesn't make sense. Hope the jury picks up on this. I want them to realize how much she has lied to them.

That is such a great observation, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned by the prosecution. Judging from their questions they don't miss much. Between 12 people I'm sure someone has or will bring this up. It's kind of a minor detail at this point, but just further proves the lies never end.

OK, so every verdict I've ever been waiting for has come while I was in my car...I have to go out tonight @ about 6:45 ET, so you can expect a verdict around that time.

In a lengthy trial the jurors can apply for up to $300/per day but they have to provide proof of lost income. So if they make $100/per day working they can apply for the lost $88/per day (their lost pay minus the $12 they are receiving per day) per the AZ Jury Duty video

For all you Englanders and Scotts, I call my family in Ireland and England twice a month. I have Vonage, so the call is free for me. If you want to PM me, I will call you and disturb your sleep if you want the verdict live.

What do you like? BBQ? Cajun? Seafood? Texmex? Southern?

Sangrita drink?

Sangrita

INGREDIENTS

32 ounces tomato juice
2 cups fresh orange juice
1 cup Tequila (recommended: Herradura Blanco)
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup agave juice (or simple syrup)
5 dashes hot pepper sauce: (Tabasco)
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Lime wedged and sliced, for garnish and moistening glass rim

DIRECTIONS

Combine into a pitcher the tomato juice, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate.

In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the smoked paprika and salt. Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, and dip into the paprika-salt mixture. Put ice into a glass, and pour the mixture over and garnish with a lime slice.

I like Mexican but here in Alabama - the Mexican is very bland. I like hot hot hot

Back from a doc appointment. Had to go on BP meds. I blame Jodi Arias!

I sure wish I knew if the jurors that went out to get their lunch were smiling! I'd love to know if they appear to be stressed, or relaxed. I'm not asking for too much!
Someone copied some tweets from a journalist before lunch that they heard laughter and the the voices getting louder when some came out for lunch

---
I wonder what's the latest we could expect the jurors to be able to give a verdict today. If they aren't back in court by 16:00, it won't happen today will it, which means we should know by 15:00 or thereabouts if we'll get a verdict today.

I think it's safe to say that if we don't hear by 3:30 Arizona time, they will continue into tomorrow morning...

moo

Maybe they have a holdout against Murder 1.
Thanks, I've been following trials for years too, so I'm well aware that juries in some murder trials reach a verdict quickly. Also aware of the 15-minute verdict in one of JM's cases. No one case is the same, and each jury is unique based on the composition of its members.

Even if the jury has already decided that she is guilty of 1st degree murder
They would still have decide if it is premeditated or felony or both.

No, it doesn't have to be unanimous but it would be sweet if it came back

Premeditated 12
Felony 12

I am of the believe they are just discussing the facts.

I have faith in this jury and I will continue to unless and until i hear a not guilty.

I see where HLN said that about the SP Trial, but everything else I have seen by googling says 3 days....12 hr. days. I can't remember but I don't think it was a week? Also, I found this little diddy by Mark Geragos: I don't care if you hate Scott Peterson," ...Sound familiar?

I just double checked and it did say Three days and 12 hr days. The Foreman removed himself and I haven't a clue when that happened in the whole process. And as a poster noted, his case had no confession and was much more circumstantial then this case.

That is such a great observation, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned by the prosecution. Judging from their questions they don't miss much. Between 12 people I'm sure someone has or will bring this up. It's kind of a minor detail at this point, but just further proves the lies never end.

It was.

I love, love, love pets, but folks are getting a bit goofy -- ya' think that this guide dog wrote that message and put it on himself :facepalm:

Actually, making it wear that sign is sort of exploiting the dog for its owner's cause (even though it is a heartfelt one in this case).

If it is a heartfelt message...which it is....then I wouldn't call that exploitation.

IMO

Have you listened to him being interviewed by Tricia here? It's quite different than the small bits and pieces on the news shows.

No, I haven't. I will look for the interviews by Tricia here.

Truthfully, Travis Alexander's murder broke my heart, made me afraid for the "boys" in my life that I love, made me fearful for young men in general.

I do no think that I have made it past anger (in the five stages of grief). Travis Alexander was brutally murdered. He was butchered to death - in a manner that would not be an accepted form of killing in any realm (for instance, our military could not murder a person that orchestrated the killing of innocent people in the savage manner that Arias murdered Travis Alexander, a person guilty of the most heinous crime would not be subjected to the merciless, brutal, and savage slaying that Travis Alexander was decimated with at the hands of Arias).

I think that it is wonderful that Travis Alexander has so many people that want to talk about the kind person he was. Sometimes I feel as though Hughes used Travis Alexander in life. I get the impression that Travis Alexander wanted to please people - even if it meant that he made himself uncomfortable. I do not know how comfortable Travis Alexander was playing "Eddie Snail," but I think that if Travis Alexander had a mother - Eddie Snail would have been different. Travis Alexander as Eddie Snail, to me, looks like a person that has no idea how to be raunchy or mean - but is trying really hard to please (others).

We all need people in our lives that love us - want the best for us - have our best interests in mind - protect us - help us.

I'm angry that Travis Alexander was murdered - as so many people are. Not only was her murdered - he was tortured and slaughtered.

Thank you for the suggestion. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post, and, for the suggestion. - I will listen to it.

steve krafft ‏@stevekrafft
#JodiArias #FOX10 HLN has made the Arias trial a spectacle, calculating it is a shrewd ratings move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member