Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, admittedly this confuses me. I get confused remembering JM saying start from the top and stop when the verdict is satisfied. That what makes me wonder why Felony comes in.
It's been a long day.. :banghead:

They used to confuse me too. You are not alone. I just had an excellent Criminal Justice professor in college that drilled it into my long term memory bank.

Executions in the U.S. aren't for public consumption. There are witnesses from the prison and family members of the victim and the people the dead person walking chooses. There may also be a reporter? Am I right or missing something?

There are selected media persons, prisoner family if they choose to attend, victim family if they choose to attend, and possibly a clergy member for the prisoner.
NO video equipment, audio recorders or cameras allowed. The "viewers" are not allowed to take ANYTHING into the room with them.

Could someone post the link of Jodi pretending to cut her throat for me? Want yo show hubby and I can't remember where I saw it.

Thanks!

[video=youtube;qLxNbzveMyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY[/video]

Also: 1) Overnight gives jurors time to gather themselves and prepare for a different kind of event. It also gives them time to feel completely right about their decision, maybe a sense of closure for that part of the trial.

2) Not a fan of public executions. Too many bloodthirsty people in the world who would see it as another sport. I did watch the secret Hussein hanging though. As for JA, I imagine myself seatside, knitting. She is subhuman and a predator, irredeemable and a complete danger to society. Nevertheless she will have a kinder death than many of us will.

I also think Jodi is a complete danger to society. My reasoning is that Jodi has shown signs of being manipulative and sneaky while behind bars. It's the reports of all her multiple jail violations and the secret coded messages in those magazines she tried to get out that demonstrate that she is still capable of plotting to harm others including jail guards. So having said that I believe the only way to ensure that she is no longer able to harm other people is to eradicate her from society completely. I realize that's a very drastic measure but I think it's the only way to keep all of society safe from Jodi and her manipulations.

It's clear from the manner of her method of killing Travis that Jodi has no problem of taking down a man that is larger than she is and doing so in the most possibly cruel way imaginable. Jodi is the most dangerous of killers one who is ballsy enough to do anything to achieve her murderous goals.

A few things.

I'm going to be completely honest and maybe my view won't be a popular one.

1) If I was a juror deciding the fate of a defendant with a charge of murder and the penalty on the table was death I would FOR SURE want a night to sleep on my verdict. No matter how firmly I believed in my verdict. This is a very very very serious matter.

2) in terms of a public execution I would have to pass on that. I am not honestly a huge proponent of the DP. I do however think it's needed in certain cases. Having said that I believe this particular case warrants the DP.

But I don't think executions should be viewed publicly save for cases where crimes against humanity were committed.

I agree with this, 100% (the BBM part). Well, also the public execution part. I wouldn't want my little one somehow seeing that.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in being on edge about the deliberations. I know it's just that vile taste in my mouth left over from Pinellas Co., but I am TERRIFIED.

Ugh.....!!!!

I totally get your apprehenshion, but our justice system is one of the best in the world, if not the best. By odds we are going to get a few wrong, but in the majority of cases we get it right.

For those interested in juror info: ( found the military comment on juror #18 interesting--and I hope so)

SOURCE: HLN Nancy Grace 5-6-13 @ 7:14 PM
Title of chart on screen: “JURORS WHO WILL DECIDE ARIAS’ FATE”

8 MEN

#2---Age: 50’s
• Takes few notes
• Cups head in hands during testimony

#4---Age: 60’s
• Takes few notes
• Bald

#7---Age: 30’s
• Takes notes, bites nails
• Married

#9---Age: 60’s
• Appears to be a loner
• Long white hair with ponytail

#12---Age: 40’s
• Occasional notetaker
• Favors polo shirts & khakis

#13---Age: late 20’s/early 30’s
• Appears to be youngest juror
• Takes few notes

#14---Age: early 60’s
• Swivels in chair
• Does not appear to take notes

#18---Age: 70’s
• Possibly former military
• Takes few/no notes

Good Lord, I am praying. I listened to Chris Hughes and while it was so amazingly sweet, it was incredibly sad/horrific. Hard to believe how Jodi's strange behavior was apparent early on and Travis was the one looking past it :( Makes me so sad. Nevermind learning about the disgusting lengths the Defense would go...really? For this less than human evil thing? I was hoping we'd have a just verdict by now, I am worried but let's see waht tomorrow brings. Travis' work on earth isn't done yet, so from what I gather....stay tuned.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in being on edge about the deliberations. I know it's just that vile taste in my mouth left over from Pinellas Co., but I am TERRIFIED.

Ugh.....!!!!

Me, too. Meee, too. I'm about to duct tape my hands to my chair.

On one hand, I know that we can't read into anything that is happening with the jury. Fast verdicts have come with both acquittals and convictions. On the other hand, I've been worried about a couple of the questions the jurors asked for a while now. It's possible that there is at least one person on there who just doesn't have the capacity to think logically. At any rate, I am not stressing myself out over it because it won't change the ultimate outcome. I will just hope for the best.

@katiecoolady 1m

Regular court watchers reporting "jean casarez is nuts" #jodiarias

:lol:

She seems to have a way with words. :floorlaugh: :drumroll:

Sensationalism about a case doesn't bother me, but when a "reporter" puts herself in the way of justice, it's deplorable. JC needs to STOP reporting about the jurors, until they have a verdict!! Put her outside with JVM and the dogs. JMO :stormingmad:

In case you missed it:

BJh1s_qCMAAQl0i.jpg:large

His dog, Angel.

!!!! I'm in love! (Not with him, the dog!)

I forgot that the Scott Peterson jury took 7 days... God forbid it goes on past tomorrow, but the thought of Laci ultimately receivng justice gives me comfort. I hope tomorrow is the day!

My fortune cookie a few minutes ago read: "You will soon be sitting on top of the world."

That I like!!! :please:

WAY better than my last fortune cookie, which read, "You will be hungry again in one hour."

My fortune came true, and I hope yours does as well!

Just want to mention something C. Hughes said last night on Trisha's radio show. Apologies if this has been discussed. After Travis's text rant on May 26. JA texted him saying that she was going to call her lawyer on Monday. This was never presented in trial. Chris doesn't have any idea what Travis was so angry about. He thinks it could be that JA was threatening to send the May 20 sex tape to MIMI.

Instead of calling her lawyer, she decided to murder Travis, evidentally. Chris also mentioned that her 'road trip' was planned ONE WEEK before the murder. This would be AFTER the text from Travis and two days before she stole grandpa's gun.

Jodi Arias was on a mission!

Covert Mission according to Nurmi, in his most sarcastic voice.

The State charged Jodi with one count of Murder 1. The jury has to decide first if they all agree on Murder 1. If they do it does not matter if 6 decide on Felony and 6 think it was premeditated as long as they all agree on Murder 1. If they don't all agree on Murder 1 then they go to the lessor charges.

OMG ... Dr Drew has that Christie Paul on to co-host with him ... Seriously, can't he do any better than that ? :banghead:

And back to Verdict Watch ... I am very surprised that there was no verdict today ...

I am ...

:scared::scared::scared:

I like Christie :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics