**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened this am, can somone please give me a briefing?

Thank you.

So an hour and a half into deliberations, Christi Paul just NOW finds out the 'in concert' option was included? Wow. Way to stay on top of the trial, guys.

Also noticing there's no verdict watch timer on the screen.

There has been a timer. Maybe just not when they are covering the other trial. jmo

If he is found not guilty in this trial, he cannot ever been tried again....double jeopardy applies. He can get on tv or write a book and tell exactly how he committed the murder and they can't touch him.

Right, but I was addressing this comment (BBM): "If hung JY walks forever."

If hung, they could try him again later if more evidence was obtained.

A shirt, yes. Pair of jeans.

All at once, in one night? I'm incredulous.

Jason did not lose his jeans...they were there and the defense showed them yesterday, they had a belt in them too.

If he's acquitted (which I doubt), he may give his sister custody of CY. I don't think he'll want to be a full time daddy. He has to use up those condoms.

I thought he already gave custody of CY to Michelles sister.

So an hour and a half into deliberations, Christi Paul just NOW finds out the 'in concert' option was included? Wow. Way to stay on top of the trial, guys.

Also noticing there's no verdict watch timer on the screen.

And whatever happened to the good old days when they showed testimony that went on after they were off the air to keep everyone up to speed. Now they just re-show interviews and the same stupid stuff over and over. The Ravi trial has caught my interest and wouldn't mind seeing some of the after hours testimony. The hook me in and leave me deflated every time :(

Yes, these storms are headed to Raleigh. Custody can always be readressed at future dates if circumstances change.

Jason did not lose his jeans...they were there and the defense showed them yesterday, they had a belt in them too.
I'm trying to figure out how anyone can lose a shirt in the space of a few hours, contained in a hotel room - a shirt they were wearing, no less. What did he do, take his shirt off, clothes his eyes and throw it. Seriously, WTF?

A shirt, yes. Pair of jeans.

All at once, in one night? I'm incredulous.

Let alone the odds that it happens on the very night your spouse is brutally beaten to death. Incredulous is right.

Right, but I was addressing this comment (BBM): "If hung JY walks forever."

If hung, they could try him again later if more evidence was obtained.

They don't even need to new evidence AFAIK.

What makes me nervous about the possibility of JY walking is CY. Especially in light of the Powell case. The kids aged and began to talk, and look what happened. That's extreme of course, and unlikely to happen again, but still, as a witness of the murder, CY would always be in danger IMO. At the least, JY should have to undergo a psych eval before he could ever have 2 seconds of unsupervised time with CY.

Powell did undergo a psych eval as it happens, not that it did any good. Here's some interesting stuff out of it:

Cognitive functioning is in the above-average range.

He appears somewhat reluctant to recognize faults or problems in himself.

The respondent’s interpersonal style seems best characterized as friendly and extraverted. He will usually present a cheerful and positive picture in the presence of others.

Very little capacity at this time to rein in his opinions and commentary.

Anger triggers: The Cox family (wife’s family) makes him very angry.

Strengths:
Demonstrated competent parenting skills;
positive loving bond with child ;
no history of criminality;
no history of substance abuse;
no history of aggressive behaviors;
no history of child abuse or neglect

Sounds eerily familiar.

I so totally agree but I am forcing myself not to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713