verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that the defense wants to know what Travis's family is going to say at the sentencing hearing.

Really? In my mind, the victim impact statements are very personal. Such a request would engender a true invasion of privacy. Very ballsy.:banghead:

If she didn't lie so much and act so sleazy, maybe people would of admired her. :twocents:

even darryl said she did magical thinking. in her mind, she'd be NORMAL with this man and his normal friends. she had visions of kids and cookies and church and friends coming over------being with someone others admired meant they'd admire HER too.

i doubt anyone in her life ever admired her, but she wanted that very much, IMO.

Stop with the Mormon rumors. If you don't have a link to back it up, it doesn't belong here.

Thanks,

Salem

Oh dear me, I had to tune in JUST when JC came on and broken record on the "demeanor" of the jurors yesterday.

Doncha know the men appeared the same but doncha know the women, well two of them anyway were DEFIANT!

:banghead:

Please save yourself the anguish and look away when Jean C comes on your teevee. <modsnip>

She's like the paparazzi of legal journalism. NO, I take that back.<modsnip>

Other than that, I'm sure she is a lovely person.

<modsnip>

moo.

Good question.

Many observers have weighed in on this seeming puzzle.

*JA was up for over 36 hours and had driven all night in order to get to Mesa after departing Pasadena at around 9PM. Hence she needed to sleep!!! She could not have shot him upon arrival then slept nor could she have decamped immediately after being awake so long.
* Need for sleep takes her to 12Noon or 1 PM. Now she needs to sort out the lay of the land. Who was in the house? When would roommates be back in the house? Was there any activity outside the house?
* A gunshot makes a lot of noise that could be heard.
*It is likely JA had her weapons concealed in the purse or backpack.
* She needed TA in vulnerable position AND she needed access to the weapons.
*The idea of a clean kill in the shower is a good one. In this position she could clean him and her up at the same time. A murder in TA bed or bedroom would have been messy and bloody.
*JA planned for a quick clean kill. The fact that TA did not die quickly wrecked her initial plans and caused complications.
*It is possible that JA dressed and then declared she was leaving in order to drive back home or to SLC. Then she performed her JA Act &#8211; reentered the bedroom dressed but this time armed.
*The Calvin Klein shower photo set was a pretty good ruse to maneuver TA into a vulnerable position.
*It is a persistent mystery why she did not put a bullet squarely between his eyes or through the temple to kill him instantly.
*JA wanted the up close and personal murder. Knife him to death while watching him squirm in pain.
* The window of opportunity for JA presented itself between 1PM and 6PM. It is possible as many observers speculate that JA had allowed for TA change of heart hence she had a Plan A or Plan B in mind. The 1PM to 4PM sex and negotiations turned out poorly for JA.
* JA needed 2 primary things to execute this crime 1) lethal weapons in place 2) TA in a vulnerable clean kill position. Those 2 elements came together around 5PM on June 4, 2008.

:winner: :bump: :goodpost:

So many smoke screens to work through in this case.

The more I think about it, the more I come to believe that JA waited until Travis's roommates were gone. If she came with the intent to kill, which I believe that she did, she would not want anyone to possibly know that she was there in Mesa. So for as long as there were roommates in the house, she couldn't let Travis know given the risk of him telling someone. While JA says that she and Travis went to sleep around 4:30 to 5 in the morning, he told his roommate that morning that he barely got 45 minutes sleep that night.

When Chris Hughes texted him around noon to confirm the conference call for that night, Travis did not indicate anything about JA being there. On the radio interview this past Sunday, Chris said that JA had emailed Travis after that big text exchange on 5/26 that she was going to talk to a lawyer and also tried to clear herself of aggressive actions, such as slashing his tires. Travis had shown that angry text to Josh Billings on 5/27 and Josh asked Travis if he was afraid of what JA might do after reading it. My point is that Travis was letting people know what was going on between him and JA; if he was free to communicate, it would make sense to let Chris know that JA was there and "how do I get rid of her..." or something like that.

My mind has been leaning towards JA not making her presence known until Travis's roommates had left and once there, she took over the situation with force, namely the gun. Neither Travis nor JA look engaged in the pictures of their "sexual interlude" that day and Travis is flaccid in the one picture of his genitals. He'd called her a dildo with a heartbeat and this may have been an act of revenge to further humiliate him, a way of flaunting that remark.

There are only two people who knew the truth of what transpired that day. One of them is now dead and the other is a pathological liar. We will never know with certainty what events transpired that day; we can only be certain of the outcome, and that was Travis Alexander was brutally slaughtered.

I completely agree that she may not have come in to Travis's house until the afternoon when she knew he was alone. The simple fact that jodi says she got there at 4am and the fact that her defense is now using it as a "she wouldn't have waited to kill him" makes me believe its another lie!

:eek: That'd put a hitch in her git-along.

Not so sure her git-along would be affected after seeing the photos! :floorlaugh:

She was pressed for time knowing that one or both roommates could come home. We can agree to disagree about her "intentions" since we can only go by what she did. What really matters is that her attempts to clean up prove that she wasn't in a fog. She had the presence of mind to pick and choose the photos she deleted from the memory card--deleting 22 and leaving 90 that she didn't care about.

You're absolutely right

With the new jury hours I do not think we will have a decision today....I am now looking at Friday

Glad to see I am not the only one who wants to throttle Judge Seidlin!! Seriously, this man has got a hell of a lot of nerve! And CLEARLY no real knowledge.

It sounds to me like he read the redirect of Juan's closing. The first part was VERY succinct - and to say otherwise is ridiculous! Yes, the second part was a bit rambling, but he was reacting to the actions of Nurmi. On the fly! Don't tell me ANYONE could have done it better!

I didn't think Juan's redirect seemed to flow very smoothly. Then I realized that he had to listen to Nurmi's cross and then get right up to rebut what Nurmi said. I thought the judge should have given him 30-60 minutes to put his redirect in order. Given that he had no time to plan what he was going to say, I think he did a great job.

When I'm watching HLN, I have to turn the channel when Seidlin starts on one of his rants. He did say one thing that I agreed with, though, and that was that Jodi is eight cards shy of a 52-card deck!

It means that the defense wants to know what Travis's family is going to say at the sentencing hearing.

Is it to juvenile to respond 'that is for us to know and you to find out!'.... JA is such a control freak. She probably hates that she can't record what they will say and manipulate it.

Hello!!! Posting here feels a bit like coming home. I've gotten used to you lot. :heart:

Anyhow, we now have a WDWKTJD thread (What do we know the jury doesn't) so there's a bit of homework for me. :)

So the DT feels they are entitled to these statements before the victims testify? For what purpose does the DT need them other than to object,approach, sidebar and then sealing the transcript of this sidebar?

IMO, the DT shouldn't have ANY right to influence what the victims want to convey nor should they be entitled to search under the cloak of "Discovery" to determine what the victims are going to testify about.

Wow, if I'm understanding that correctly, it sounds like one more way for the defense to infringe upon one of the very few rights the victims have.

I can't imagine how or why that would be permitted under law.
Hope someone can weigh in on that and hope it is denied.

quote=nursebeeme;9393214]slightly o/t: at the hallmark store check out they had GIANT tootsie pops! (like the size of a softball! :eek:[/quote]

TootsieOop.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• Tootsie Oop.jpg
    Tootsie Oop.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online