verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well; one thing is for certain we are all hungry! I'm not getting up to cook either, yesterday i made cream o celery soup and fresh garden salad and fresh cesasar dressing w roasted garlic. I was tired by the time I was done with it all! I will have that soup for breakfast if we don't shut up about it.
Hoping the jury isn't split or divided in some way. Jean's description of the two female jurors scares me senseless! *bites nails*
JC speaks for money.. go back and read what OUR court watchers have seen and read BK's comments again... and you'll feel much better :)

Good morning to everyone!

It's hard isn't it? I do have faith in this jury, they asked very intelligent questions, and I want them to take their time to come to the right verdict - I just wish they'd hurry up already! More for the Alexander family than anyone else.

However...patience is a virtue that must be practiced every now and again.

I hope that at least a handful of these jurors paid as much attention to Jodi's courtroom behavior as they did her testimony. Jodi's immature antics, busy-work (drawing, erasing, writing), glaring and staring at Travis' family and the jury, laughing or smiling at inappropriate times, etc. are a testament to her severe personality disorder and a sure sign that she is unstable and would likely kill again if given the opportunity. :moo:

Let's remember that JA gave herself permission to KILL again, she purchased a gun and was toting 2 knives for a "camping trip"
I hope the jury realizes that she was more than willing to kill again if she felt she needed to.....

I can't wait for JM to use that psychopath JA's proxy tweets against her after the verdict comes in. She is truly stunned, to hear she thinks she's as smart as Einstein is laughable.

Her latest tweet by proxy calls NG "DISgrace". LMAO JA can't possibly believe anyone thinks she's anything but a psycho?

Keep tweeting by proxy JA!

Janeen Driver on DD just said (I"m watching it recorded)...she said some of DD's producers have talked to workers in Jodi's jail, and they CONFIRM that she is the "queen bee" there. Ugh, that just makes me sick to my stomach. She needs to be locked up in death row. No other punishment would be punishment enough for her.

I had this terrible dream last night that the jury had asked for the entire testimony of Alice LaViolette to be read back! Took me a few minutes to recover my senses after I awoke. ;)

On a more serious note, I think the more time that goes by, the more I am convinced we're not likely to see a first degree murder conviction. As much as I'd like the jury to see the evidence the way I do, I think they're hung up on a couple of things that Juan (whom I love and adore, BTW) could have hit harder in rebuttal and closing. To me, the "loose ends" are:

1 - I wish the prosecution had brought Chris Hughes to the stand on rebuttal to provide context for the e-mail that ALV 'interpreted' so selectively for the jury. Not only would it have redeemed the damage it did to TA, but it would have reinforced the idea that Jodi was a wacko and that TA's friends didn't trust her and were actively working to "rescue" him from her.

2 - I wish JM had spent more time arguing alternative murder scenarios and not wedded himself to one, emphasizing to the jury that it doesn't matter which weapon came first in the attack, and that they don't need to figure out what happened in that hallway -- only to conclude that the end result, TA's death, was part of Jodi's plan. In that regard, I wish he'd hammered more on the point that the evidence tells us that Jodi brought BOTH deadly weapons with her (TA owned a gun and at least one bullet, but no other ammo? No gun cleaning items or accessories? Ridiculous. No knife in the house was known to be missing, and none in the house matched his wounds). Even if she hadn't brought them with her, the amount of overkill and the fact that she didn't utilize the many opportunities to "escape" completely negates the idea of self-defense. As such, it doesn't matter which weapon she planned to, or did, use first. The plan and the result are still there, established beyond a reasonable doubt -- hence, premeditation.

3 - I wish JM had engaged in a more lengthy discussion to the effect that, "mistakes and messes don't negate premeditation." I have seen intelligent and thoughtful comments from people on this board, who are conversant with all of the evidence, who get hung up on this idea that "Jodi did a shoddy clean-up job, so it couldn't have been premeditated." A plan doesn't have to be fool-proof. It doesn't have to get carried out as intended. A killer doesn't have to do a "good job" in order to be guilty of murder 1. JM could have suggested that her original plan WAS for a "clean kill" in the shower that wouldn't have required a clean-up. Not only that, but Jodi actually DID do an incredibly good job of cleaning up, given the short time frame she had to work with. She spent hours in that house, had sex in at least 2 different locations and brutally slaughtered someone, and the only evidence she left behind was a couple of hairs, a single handprint, and a couple of partial footprints from shoes that can't be located/traced to her? (As for the camera -- I don't think she meant to throw it in the washer, and even if she did, it was a reasonable presumption that deleted photos from a camera washed in bleach were not going to be recoverable!!!) Seriously, not bad. O.J. left 100x more D.N.A. and physical evidence behind, and he was still acquitted.

I don't know what's going on in the jury room any more than anyone else, but I suspect that if they're hung up on some issues, these are likely suspects.

Oh yikes ! You really did have a nightmare...
It's good... the jury is doing their job.Just keep the faith they get it right..

Look at the waiting time in this way...

For people who are upset that the jury is taking too long, if they came back very soon with a MS verdict, so many would be then complaining about them not taking long enough to look at everything.

I truly believe that they are taking their time to make the right decision. Even a week is not that long for a trial of this magnitude to take in jury deliberations. And, while we see Jodi as absolutely, positively, guilty of Murder 1, the jury does not know everything that we know. They are undoubtedly taking their time to check and double check everything. I see nothing wrong with this and, in fact, I am glad that they are doing so.

bbm

i started to think about that after they didn't come back monday,i didn't watch the FCA trial but hearing they came back in 10hours(?) with not guilty i thought "that isn't very long" then i realized i was wanting a quick verdict here.

yes they are 2 different trials and we have loads more evidence but the principle would be the same.

personally now i don't care if they come back today or next week as long as they come back with murder 1. it will shred my nerves to nothing but as long a we get justice

I believe the Jury is taking their time on purpose for two reasons...

1) Like JSS, they want to make sure they take all necessary measures to ensure their verdict will not be overturned.... Otherwise the defense would claim they never took the time to seriously review all the evidence.

2) They're making JA sit.... and wait... and stew... for a loooong time...
Simply because the DT & JA made them sit and listen to 4 months of blatant Tatonka Poop.

:juanettes:

Janeen Driver on DD just said (I"m watching it recorded)...she said some of DD's producers have talked to workers in Jodi's jail, and they CONFIRM that she is the "queen bee" there. Ugh, that just makes me sick to my stomach. She needs to be locked up in death row. No other punishment would be punishment enough for her.

She doesn't have to be queen bee. Sheriff Joe could put her in solitary. Or he could deliver her to Travis's family members. Both would work for me.

so anxious for the verdict. So what is the feel for the length of the wait thus far? Are you worried its taking too long or reassured that unlike another jury I won't name, these folks are giving the evidence their full and thorough attention?

I'm strangely calm and believe today just may be the day.

Did anyone see Deanna last night on Dr Drew and hear the baking cookies incident? Hmm, Jodi's version was a little different wasn't it? Why wouldn't Travis ask Jodi to look in on the dog and not drag Deanna who lived an hour away? Some "People" say Deanna is lying and they don't trust her blah blah blah. I believe her 100%. These are the kind of stories I wish the jury could hear. Also, how about all that twitter coming from Jodi. She is going to hang herself! That's ok by me....

Deanna sounded 100% credible! I'm sure TA didn't want JA in his house when he was gone. Travis knew Deanna loved Napoleon. Early in the trial, I recall several friends of Travis saying that Jodi HATED Napoleon! I believe it!

Deanna also said JA was sitting on the couch with TA's computer! IIRC, Jodi said she was sitting on the couch with Napoleon - no mention of the computer. Also, who was she baking cookies for - the roommates?
Deanna said she reminded her of a Stepford Wife - "Would you like a cookie?" If she knew Deanna was coming, she would have laced them with arsenic!

I also hope the jury knows that JA did make it a covert mission, she called Travis after she killed him and lied, lied to cover the fact that she just drove out of AZ with the help of 3 gas cans....and left Travis dead and alone posed in what I would consider a sexually, exposing, vulgar way....I swear law and order SVU would have been called to the scene and that was her intent, expose him to the world.....sick! M1 DP!!!!!

server probs due to traffic from what I understand. The weight of the JA forum and the three women held captive forum. They are so heavily trafficked it is pulling down response time of WS and bogging down the loading of pages.

Keeping the refreshes to a minimum and the images and videos off thread will hopefully help.

Morning folks, shuffles in, flops downs and take a long drink of coffee. Jinkasaurus is one case of "look at me"

I'm strangely calm and believe today just may be the day.

I an anxious, but I too think today could be the day. Full of nervous energy, nowhere to put it.

I believe the Jury is taking their time on purpose for two reasons...

1) Like JSS, they want to make sure they take all necessary measures to ensure their verdict will not be overturned.... Otherwise the defense would claim they never took the time to seriously review all the evidence.

Simply because the DT & JA made them sit and listen to 4 months of blatant Tatonka Poop.

:juanettes:

Re: 2). Jodi isn't sitting and stewing. She is twitting evil. And if convicted, I hope Juan can let the jurors know what her tweets said. JSS should let them know! Her attorneys should hang their heads in shame. ALV....naw, I better stop or I will get a time out. You all know what I am thinking.
Shameful. The whole bunch of them.

My DH says today is the day and he can't see any way to get around the gas cans or her phone turning off before entering AZ....

Hope for M1 - nothing less.

Tatanka Poop, you can say that again. She is stewing I hope like Tex's Shrimp & Grits.

Can I dare ask? What is chocolate gravy?

Don't get me wrong, we have excellent food/foods in New England but some of these southern thangs we don't.

Please can we stay on track today?!! We have a sidebar for off topic comments..

Good Morning Verdict Watchers!! Scarlett, I agree. There was so much negativity yesterday. The MODS are being very understanding, but let's show our respect to them and stay on track, and be positive. Don't feed the negativity...ignore it. I just read the trial watchers thread which is quickly taking on another life. A life where people are posting over there instead of here. It is my understanding that thread is supposed to be for postings by trial watchers and questions relating to their posts. So we then have to wade through posts that really should be over here to find posts by our trial watchers. JMO, and thanks to our Mods.

Grits have no taste. I've added everything from honey, lemon, sugar, molasses, and I still can't like them.

I never had them until I moved to the South. They are a staple here. If you get breakfast it comes with grits. They really are tasteless, until you add something. Cheese grits are great. They also are very good with maple syrup. I had to learn how to make them because mutt kids were exposed and loved them. Grits are served at any meal, much like I grew up with potatoes at any meal. I have not tried it yet, but hear that shrimp and grits is a real treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass