Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 7m7 minutes ago
we are shut down for 20. As it is discussed what to do about juror. A jury can go down to 10 people. @AM900CHML

JMHO ..looks like jury who got sick may have all they can take in such a brutal case...GEE wonder what happens now?....anyone know...I hope jurist that got sick is ok to return..? Please get this over with....anxious for verdict like I am sure most of you feel...IMO....poor Sharlene Bosma and the rest of the family....OMG...crazy day in court ...robynhood

IIRC, AM said he didn't see DM after the 7th. (someone can correct me on that if I'm in error).

So then, how did DM give anything to AM, and how did AM know that DM had given MH the toolbox?

In AM's own testimony he says:

"He said that they got Dell, and that I should get all of the drugs out of his house," Michalski says Smich said when he called him. "I put them into a blue Under Armour backback and put them in my car and drove around the street," Michalski says about the drugs. Smich contacted him again, he said: "He wanted me to meet up with Hagerman, and he wanted whatever I had and Hagerman had brought to him the next day." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...he-should-steal-truck-from-nice-guy-1.3532576

Except AM told MH that DM had given him something. :thinking:

So AM gets in touch with MH and says Millard gave him something (which we now know is a lie) and knew that Millard had given Hagerman something too, and that Millard would have wanted them both to go to Smich. Interestingly enough, in that text conversation and in his testimony, there was no mention ever, of Millard telling MH that if anything happened, he wanted that toolbox to go to Smich. Kind of a huge detail to leave out, one would think.

I'm guessing part of the discussion during that 50 minute meeting between DM and MS the day DM was arrested, was him telling Smich that if anything happened, call AM and tell him to get the drugs out of the house and that MH had the toolbox with the gun it, and to get that gun back to Iisho.

Just thinking out loud here. FWIW.

Then

That's why they should just release the info to the jury when they request it. The fact that they need to return to court to review testimony is ridiculous. JMO

It's ridiculous that they need to re-listen to all this testimony. Like where were they during this, sleeping? This is not even a major part of the case, this is what happened after the fact.

I'm so glad they are replaying/retweeting MH testimony. I'm one of those people that takes inference from the use of specific wording (and also annoyingly corrects people when they repeat a story in their own words). Its great to be able to get a fuller picture of his testimony and the tweets are more robust this time around.

It's ridiculous that they need to re-listen to all this testimony. Like where were they during this, sleeping? This is not even a major part of the case, this is what happened after the fact.

I just find this system archaic. Why does a jury need the court to release the info to them, to find it for them? Why can't the info be in a format that is easily accessible to them while they are together in their room deliberating?

She must be protecting the guy she has no use for. She said after MS was arrested she saw no point in continuing contact with him.
She's also pretty credible IMO
She was also the one talking about the celebratory mood in the car afterward don't forget.

I just find this system archaic. Why does a jury need the court to release the info to them, to find it for them? Why can't the info be in a format that is easily accessible to them while they are together in their room deliberating?

I am surprised the jury doesn't have access to all the court transcripts so that they can go over testimony themselves.

I am surprised the jury doesn't have access to all the court transcripts so that they can go over testimony themselves.

Exactly. This is a waste of time having having to wait for the court to do their research for them.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Millard keeps staring at Smich. His hair looks like it was cut with a bowl and a dull knife. Smich's hair is slickly gelled.

Well there you go. Explains what he needed the knife for. ;)

? I saw someone post that one of them hid a knife in the wall? This is all just a quick scroll by so I wasn't sure if it was real or a joke and what really happened?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
"Dellen was the prime suspect," he said. "I panicked and pulled off somewhere and immediately dumped" the items in his car. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
It was on the radio while they drove that they learned Dellen Millard was a prime suspect in the case. Panicked, pulled off the hwy. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
It was while driving to Oakville they heard news of Millard was connected to Bosma case. They decided then to dump the stuff right away.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
"No...All I knew was Dellen was arrested for a stolen truck."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6m6 minutes ago
That changed en route to Oakville, when they turned on the radio Hagerman found out there was a man missing. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
"We just wanted to get rid of what we had," Hagerman said. En route to Oakville they turned on the news & heard Millard was suspect #Bosma

Complete speculation on my part, but it seems to me that the guys on their drive to dump off the stuff likely had the news on and turned up waiting to hear anything. (Then again, it was his parents car IIRC , so it may not have had his music/cd in the car player.)

Bbm -
Now who is this Helen character that was arrested?? This case just gets crazier ..... (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Also, LHs post just reminded me, I did mean to mention already, on Monday I did notice DMs hair looked really strange, especially the back of his head. It wasn't cropped super short, and I didn't see it as a "bowl cut" , but it had all these weird pieces in the back newly and crudely cut.
Maybe it's even different today, not sure, but there had definitely been some bad hair cutting by Monday morning.

Maybe that's what he was actually doing with a shiv..... Cutting his own hair....
(Jk)

Maybe he's playing the "crazy" game at this point?

Seems to me that there could be more than a couple of Juror's splitting hairs here- not seeing the forest for the trees. IMHO, having the trial go on for 4 months and then having to finish off by listening to MS on the stand for a week and a bit was not the best way to finish things. Too bad the Judge didn't speed NS up a bit simply for the sake of the Jury. MOO

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
Judge coming back. Hopefully some clarity on ill juror. Hopefully nothing serious.

My understanding of why this isn't possible is that everything in court is recorded. Including the legal arguments. So they can't just hand a tape over to the jury without heavily editing it to make sure it doesn't contain anything they aren't allowed to hear.

I believe it was AC that tweeted a few days ago that if they were to prepare all 4 months of testimony to hand over to the jury it would be a massive undertaking. The way they are doing it is much better IMO. This way as the jury needs something it can be edited. It probably will be hours of work for all their requests compared to hundreds of hours to get everything ready *just in case*.

IIRC, AM said he didn't see DM after the 7th. (someone can correct me on that if I'm in error).

So then, how did DM give anything to AM, and how did AM know that DM had given MH the toolbox?

In AM's own testimony he says:

"He said that they got Dell, and that I should get all of the drugs out of his house," Michalski says Smich said when he called him. "I put them into a blue Under Armour backback and put them in my car and drove around the street," Michalski says about the drugs. Smich contacted him again, he said: "He wanted me to meet up with Hagerman, and he wanted whatever I had and Hagerman had brought to him the next day." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...he-should-steal-truck-from-nice-guy-1.3532576

Except AM told MH that DM had given him something. :thinking:

So AM gets in touch with MH and says Millard gave him something (which we now know is a lie) and knew that Millard had given Hagerman something too, and that Millard would have wanted them both to go to Smich. Interestingly enough, in that text conversation and in his testimony, there was no mention ever, of Millard telling MH that if anything happened, he wanted that toolbox to go to Smich. Kind of a huge detail to leave out, one would think.

I'm guessing part of the discussion during that 50 minute meeting between DM and MS the day DM was arrested, was him telling Smich that if anything happened, call AM and tell him to get the drugs out of the house and that MH had the toolbox with the gun it, and to get that gun back to Iisho.

Just thinking out loud here. FWIW.

Then

Thats exactly it right there. When Millard is arrested Smich becomes the quarterback, calling all the plays. He does not tell AM to bring the weed, he tells him to first get what Haggerman has. So if the intention is for Millard to frame Smich, why would he tell Smich the gun was with Haggerman? How did Smich know? And more importantly, why would he want it given his story about how he was innocent of everything but cleaning up? Doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18