Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown never submitted any evidence to support the confinement charge.

No, they didn't, and I was expecting them to do so, or at least make an attempt to do so, especially when evidence about the truck was introduced. Was Tim's truck outfitted with those locks that the driver can trigger that prevent the other doors from being opened from the inside? Had the handle been removed from the inside front passenger door? (etc.) - details like that would have been suggestive of forcible confinement, as would evidence of any restraint devices and so on.

I'm sure there are other possibilities. But the Crown did not go there. The fact that Tim didn't return home isn't by itself an indicator of FC. Murder frequently occurs with no confinement aspect. I suspect the whole issue initially arose because DM was charged with FC on his arrest, when it wasn't yet known that Tim had been murdered. They thought he might have been abducted and confined somewhere. In the light of other evidence, the Crown revised their opinion to one of nearly immediate murder, soon after leaving the Bosma driveway.

While it's possible Tim was forcibly confined, with tape, rope or a choke hold from behind, there was no evidence presented to support this. So it would not have made a very good "path" to 1st degree conviction anyway. As the judge reiterated numerous times, only the facts count, not what we might reasonably infer or suppose, and the jury determines what the "facts" are. They do not have to take everything introduced as evidence to be a fact.

I suspect approximately 12 of the 12 jurors know the two face other murder charges.

Pls post. I could not find this. It's fascinating.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I think I remember there being a delay that was caused by some issue to do with Millard.....but I seem to recall that were told some story about him being lage due to a medical issue. That was no medical issue ---I think it was likely just the "cluster *advertiser censored** " acting out again ...shouting out and not wanting to part with his paperback.

I'm with DMs Uncle on his statement about DM being a sick prick - and find it quite odd that just him saying so on the stand could cause a mistrial.

Jmo

He didn't say it on the stand. He said it in his statement to police. It was brought to the attention of the judge by DM's lawyer RP when he kept objecting to the Uncle's answers on the stand...as he kept elaborating beyond the scope of the Crown's (TL) questions...& was getting into some character assassination by his tone & his answers. RP told the judge that this witness should be excused due to RB's extreme dislike for his nephew...when the judge asked the Crown about what RP was referring to...that's when TL told the judge what RB had said in his statement to police...without being asked his opinion of his nephew. None of this was said in front of the jury...they kept being asked to step out for legal arguments. The uncle very clearly had no use for his nephew.

I suspect approximately 12 of the 12 jurors know the two face other murder charges.

Hypothetically if one knew of the other murders would them sharing that with the other jurors be grounds for a mistrial? And wouldn't anyone who knew be weeded out at jury selection via certain questions?

Funny thing. My family has lived in the Toronto area my entire life, close to both CN's and DM's neighborhood and I've never heard of Millardair until this case.

Same here. I was born in Toronto and lived in Toronto in the North York/Etobicoke area until 1994 and never once heard of MA until Tim was killed.

Hypothetically if one knew of the other murders would them sharing that with the other jurors be grounds for a mistrial? And wouldn't anyone who knew be weeded out at jury selection via certain questions?

In really high profile trials the questions are often not what they know about a case, but if they can set that aside. It's difficult to imagine many in Hamilton didn't know of the other charges. This is a big case nationally, and must be straight up huge locally.

Same here. I was born in Toronto and lived in Toronto in the North York/Etobicoke area until 1994 and never once heard of MA until Tim was killed.
I must ask my parents as well. They moved to Etobicoke right around Sherway Gardens back in the early 60s and never left the same home. I'm sure my folks have never heard of them either.

I'm going to chime in as a member and take my mod hat off. It's been such a long road for the Bosma family and many that have followed along seeking justice for Tim.

Those thoughts for me are shared with the families of the accused. They have suffered also.

May the jury find the strength to make the right decision and may peace find it's way to all.

I'm going to chime in as a member and take my mod hat off. It's been such a long road for the Bosma family and many that have followed along seeking justice for Tim.

Those thoughts for me are shared with the families of the accused. They have suffered also.

May the jury find the strength to make the right decision and may peace find it's way to all.

Well said. Often we lose sight that so many people are affected by the poor choices and actions of others.

The Jury is coming in w a question per AC

I have my alerts set for AC's tweets and my heart just skipped a beat when I heard the alert go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member