VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to wait it out at least until the 12th March as long as they come back with the Death Penalty. The is the convicted murderers Mother birthday I think.

Wow, that wouldn't be a birthday gift one would want to remember every year.

sometimes I am just like

tumblr_me5m8hIVWv1rani6a.gif

From Gold:

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 2m2 minutes ago

Juan Martinez and Det Flores have just gone back in court hall in #JodiArias

I too think JA deserves death--but when I was home for lunch--I was overcome by a feeling of peace--If Travis were alive what would he want ?? It was than that I realized that Travis--being the faithful gentle servant of God--would forgive her. I don't but I personally think Travis would. He would say the final judgement is in the hands of our father...We should forgive others who trespass against us. I am going to hold on to this belief and trust this killers fate with the God. m Man's law is here on earth--but God's judgement is forever. I don't usually get this type of feeling--so I will let this go--JA's fate is with this jury and LWOP is no picnic. Love to the Alexanders.

BK saying Juan and Flores went into witness room
Courtroom is locked

Tweets:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 43s44 seconds ago

Juan and Flores went into the courtroom. No sign of the family yet #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 9s10 seconds ago

Juan and Detective Flores came back into the victim room #jodiarias #3tvarias

Everyone here has their own reasons for still being here after so long, for being invested in seeing a second jury finally deliver the sentence JA deserves. For some of us, those reasons are about knowing what it is like to be victimized, or because someone we loved was harmed by a person like JA. I’m one of those people here.

Trying to intellectualize what is happening in a trial is one way I deal with the powerful emotions this kind of trial drags up from the depths. But there are days, like today, like now, when all I can see or understand is that an evil person was believed over someone who could no longer defend himself, and the injustice of that not only makes me cry, but makes me rage.

I’m glad to have made this far in the company of people who also care so much, whatever their reasons are for caring. I should have bowed out a month ago, the first time I realized this is just too overwhelming. I’m going to go hug my son who doesn’t understand why I’m upset, tune out whatever does or does not come next in this nightmare of a trial, and to say prayers for the Alexander family.

Who believes her? No one. I don't think anyone believes her except people related to her and the crazies on her site.

I don't think this has anything to do with her lies at this point. I think this is about them deciding if they can give her death. It is not easy and it shouldn't be. IMO.

Well, I just poured a nice glass of wine. Something that the killer will never get to do.

It's not revenge. It's justice for a heinous crime. Sentencing someone who committed a crime is justice, not revenge.

That's what I don't understand with all these people that say they could only give the DP for the worst of the worst... isn't that subjective to each? Some may think it's only for serial killers(who btw all started somewhere, when do you want to stop them?), or just for child-killers(but not for a child's mother/father/uncle/aunt/etc that will impact and perhaps destroy a child for the rest of their life), or maybe just for totally random senseless murders(does it really matter to the dead person or their friends and family why they got killed, or that they got killed?), so really, shouldn't the DP be seen as a punishment for intentionally murdering someone, and not something called justice that is subject to the whim of some judge or lawyer or juror?

To me ...all they need to do now is put up the autopsy photos next to her mitigating factors. .. pretty simple.

You would think that's all it would take along with knowing it was a premeditated murder but I guess not for at least one person.

I don't think it's that JA was 'believed,' I think if the jury can't unanimously decide it's because 1 or more people either thinks there was some mitigating factor or just doesn't think this crime rises to the level of a DP sentence (for whatever reason). Juries are notoriously fickle, is what I've seen following many cases. Jurors will often see things a different way than any of us see it.

Everyone here has their own reasons for still being here after so long, for being invested in seeing a second jury finally deliver the sentence JA deserves. For some of us, those reasons are about knowing what it is like to be victimized, or because someone we loved was harmed by a person like JA. I’m one of those people here.

Trying to intellectualize what is happening in a trial is one way I deal with the powerful emotions this kind of trial drags up from the depths. But there are days, like today, like now, when all I can see or understand is that an evil person was believed over someone who could no longer defend himself, and the injustice of that not only makes me cry, but makes me rage.

I’m glad to have made this far in the company of people who also care so much, whatever their reasons are for caring. I should have bowed out a month ago, the first time I realized this is just too overwhelming. I’m going to go hug my son who doesn’t understand why I’m upset, tune out whatever does or does not come next in this nightmare of a trial, and to say prayers for the Alexander family.

Hope I feel just as you do. Bad day. Bad few months.

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 54s54 seconds ago
Martinez and Flores just walked into the courtroom. Door is still locked to media. #JodiArias

:seeya: I'll be in line right behind you ... and I'd pay to knock that smile off !

:cheers:

LOL I am so not a violent person BUT that picture makes me want to walk up to her, take my fist and shove it right up under her chin, really really hard.

Sounds to me like they're wrapping up for the day AGAIN!! This trial would try the patience of a saint.

I too think JA deserves death--but when I was home for lunch--I was overcome by a feeling of peace--If Travis were alive what would he want ?? It was than that I realized that Travis--being the faithful gentle servant of God--would forgive her. I don't but I personally think Travis would. He would say the final judgement is in the hands of our father...We should forgive others who trespass against us. I am going to hold on to this belief and trust this killers fate with the God. m Man's law is here on earth--but God's judgement is forever. I don't usually get this type of feeling--so I will let this go--JA's fate is with this jury and LWOP is no picnic. Love to the Alexanders.

I agree. I think that is what makes me nuts when people go after her family. I just don't think that is who Travis is. I think he would be least happy about all the vile stuff people say about the other side here.

That's what I don't understand with all these people that say they could only give the DP for the worst of the worst... isn't that subjective to each? Some may think it's only for serial killers(who btw all started somewhere, when do you want to stop them?), or just for child-killers(but not for a child's mother/father/uncle/aunt/etc that will impact and perhaps destroy a child for the rest of their life), or maybe just for totally random senseless murders(does it really matter to the dead person or their friends and family why they got killed, or that they got killed?), so really, shouldn't the DP be seen as a punishment for intentionally murdering someone, and not something called justice that is subject to the whim of some judge or lawyer or juror?

If only it were that easy and clear cut. Anytime subjectivity enters the picture, and that's what trial by juries are all about, certainty is an illusion. Try getting 12 people to agree on lots of easier things...not so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member