Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Kiefer:
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 11s11 seconds ago

Waiting for a verdict or a hung jury in #jodiarias with the hacks in the hall.

:gaah: "hacks" . . . and that is all I will say :silenced:
He must have been looking in the mirror when he tweeted that. MK is such a modsnip. :gaah:

Many thanks for posting the gratefulness candle link....it gives me a sense of peace to light the candle for Travis and the Alexander family everyday.

Just arrived, a bit late, and see that I've not missed anything. This is going to be painful today. It's close to 80 degrees and sunny outside and I'm sitting in my dark little computer room watching this dang screen. I really thought that this would be a swift decision but I'm glad that jurors (hopefully on the death penalty stance) are refusing to give in. Just wanted to say Hi to my fellow verdict watchers.

Am I correct when I say that DP is not their only choice. They have LWOP and LWP. So if they can't give her DP what is their problem with one of the others. Are they confused and think DP is their only choice or am I confused?

Am I correct when I say that DP is not their only choice. They have LWOP and LWP. So if they can't give her DP what is their problem with one of the others. Are they confused and think DP is their only choice or am I confused?

Only they can give her death. They are voting to see if they can agree on the DP. It has to be unanimous. If not it is life.

Urgh

It's that or
James Holmes I think for me. Although i did read about juans next case somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am seriously considering watching the James Holmes trial.

Who knows what's in their minds? They choose life or death; if they deadlock or choose life, then the judge will choose between natural life and life with the possibility of release after 25 years.

The lack of movement is so frustrating in the Holly Bobo case.
Will you also follow the McStay trial? I plan to.

Yes, I stop over there and take a look regularly.
It will be interesting to have some questions answered there as well.
Chase wasn't actually the suspect I had in mind so I'd like to hear what evidence they have. Should be a good one!

I will def. follow the McStay trial.

:seeya: I am following both Holly's case and the Mcstay's case ... but I am committed to the end of this "Circus" !

Looking forward to seeing y'all on those Forums as soon as this "Circus" is over !

:seeya:

Of course a juror can decide against the death penalty if they don't feel it is warranted....for whatever reason. But, that wasn't my question. Lying to get on a DP case jury in order to hang that jury is what I'm wondering.

I totally agree with you. There were two jurors on the death penalty trial on which I served who announced in the first ten minutes of deliberations that they absolutely would not sentence someone to death. A young 20 something woman and an older pastor. Go figure.

From Troy Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 2m2 minutes ago

#jodiarias mom is now in courtroom.

After yesterday, it's very apparent to me that this jury won't come to a unanimous agreement. As upset as I am that JA won't be getting the death penalty, I don't blame this jury one bit and refuse to get mad at them. Like I said last night....this retrial was a pathetic joke. A complete travesty of our justice system. They only got small bits and pieces of what this trial was truly about, but mostly they got broken, scattered, unfinishedtestimony and a ridiculous amount of delays in between. A large amount of testimony was completely irrelevant and a waste of time. What the hell does testimony, day after day, about computers and a few pictures of *advertiser censored* have anything to do with a man being slaughtered? They didn't see that psychopathic freak of nature on the stand for 18 days. They saw a couple days of super secret testimony (thanks sherry!) and then never heard anything about it again. They heard from people testifying under pseudonyms.... how could they not be confused?

What a freaking joke. I won't be mad at the jury at all. Let's get this over with so she can rot in perryville for the rest of her pathetic useless existence.

After yesterday, it's very apparent to me that this jury won't come to a unanimous agreement. As upset as I am that JA won't be getting the death penalty, I don't blame this jury one bit and refuse to get mad at them. Like I said last night....this retrial was a pathetic joke. A complete travesty of our justice system. They only got small bits and pieces of what this trial was truly about, but mostly they got broken, scattered, unfinished testimony and a ridiculous amount of delays in between. A large amount of testimony was completely irrelevant and a waste of time. What the hell does testimony, day after day, about computers and a few pictures of *advertiser censored* have anything to do with a man being slaughtered? They didn't see that psychopathic freak of nature on the stand for 18 days. They saw a couple days of super secret testimony (thanks sherry!) and then never heard anything about it again. They heard from people testifying under pseudonyms.... how could they not be confused?

What a freaking joke. I won't be mad at the jury at all. Let's get this over with so she can rot in perryville for the rest of her pathetic useless existence.

What is #5 & #6. tweeter said the judge can't clarify that so that is why she read the empass statement.

Tweets:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 50s51 seconds ago

Stephen Alexander just walked in.
Only Travis family member in courtroom. #jodiarias

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 30s31 seconds ago

Jurors in #jodiarias trial resumed deliberations 35 minutes ago.

Today is day 5--the wait continues...

I have been looking around to find stats on what percentage of juries that were deadlocked and given the Allen Charge were able to come to a unanimous verdict--I am not having much luck. However, in my search I found this Florida Bar article on the Allen Charge being given and the potential for successful appeal. For those interested here is the link http://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/jnjournal01.nsf/Author/21AC5A6D2909065085256ADB005D62F6

After reading this, should the jury tell JSS that they are still deadlocked she needs to accept that and declare a hung jury. Nurmi has clearly anticipated the potential for yet another appeal issue as it relates to the Allen Charge UGH.

At the end of the day, if this jury hangs, the world and JA will know that some jurors believed, and refused to yield otherwise, that she deserved to die for her crime. And I hope to hear from these jurors in the future.

Yep. That's why it took so long yesterday and why the judge had to give the modified Allen charge. If she seems in any way to be pushing the jury to reach a verdict, it could be appealed on the grounds that since only the jury can find death, she's pushing for the DP, because hung = life.

I highly recommend the West Bend non-stick 5.5 qt. one. Very basic, easy to clean, lightweight. I own two and use them weekly.

I'd also highly recommend Reynolds Slow Cooker liners. It's almost like a condom for your crockpot! It's a clear bag-like thing you put in & around the crockpot. Put food in & cook. To clean, just pull bag out & throw it in the trash. I usually wipe it out w/a damp paper towel. They're in the store near the aluminum foil. So easy!

Only they can give her death. They are voting to see if they can agree on the DP. It has to be unanimous. If not it is life.

But, they can give her one of the other sentences can't they. They don't have to declare that they are only hung on DP. Did that make sense?

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 40s41 seconds ago

#TravisAlexander brother just walked into courtroom.

#JodiArias family also here #abc15

:seeya: I am following both Holly's case and the Mcstay's case ... but I am committed to the end of this "Circus" !

Looking forward to seeing y'all on those Forums as soon as this "Circus" is over !

:seeya:

I enjoy your company but I'm not sure I want to follow another American case. I have only watched three - OJ, Anthony, and this one, so you can see where I'm coming from.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member