Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury is probably sitting together thinking,
"Why the heck is that judge taking so long to tell us the definition of Manslaughter?"

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just jumping off your post--I don't know why motherhood or being female is even being discussed. If MOM thought an all-female jury would be too emotional to come to a rational decision, he wouldn't have agreed to it.

MOM said in an interview that this is the jury he wanted. He was very pleased with this jury and even mentioned that 4 of the 6 were picked by the defense.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
Attorneys going old school and writing it on a sheet of paper.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Attorneys working on consensus written response asking jury to be more specific. #ZimmermanTrial

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 4m
Prosecutor Mantei is arguing the court should ask the jurors to be more specific in their question. #ZimmermanTrial #GeorgeZImmerman
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Note: #TrayvonMartin parents are not in courtroom right now. #Zimmerman

I'm shocked that some people think TM's family doesn't deserve prayers. Losing a child, no matter the circumstances, is hard.

I don't offer prayers (for anything), but I do offer my heartfelt condolences and best wishes. I believe it amounts to the same thing.

Hmm. we may find out more.. Since they have to ask a specific question to get an answer.. They can not have a broad answer covering the entire charge.

What is she saying?

She is annoyed because the lawyers in court are circling around trying to decide on an explanation of manslaughter. Now after 30 minutes all they have done is tell the Judge to ask the jury what part of manslaughter did they not understand.
She replied she left the actual question by the jury in her chambers.

Oh great - the lawyers have sent their answer back. We can't answer a general question so can you be more specific. ( I am adlibbing but you get the general jist of it)
In recess for 15 minutes - 1 hour.

Have they (judge and attys) just answered the jury's question with a question to be more specific about their question?

Really?

BBM

What exactly did GZ do that he was instructed not to do? He left his car and was following in TM's general direction when the dispatcher stated, "we don't need you to do that" which can be regarded as much as a suggestion as an instruction. IMO

BBM-really? I'm not sure even GZ would agree with that one. jmo

IMO George Zimmerman was a bit immature. At his age he wanted to become a MMA fighter when he found out he wouldn't make it past the ropes he moved on to wanting to be in LE. When he found he wouldn't qualify for that either he volunteered to be a neighborhood watch person. He ended up costing HOA 1mil plus. IMO he sounded like a kid trying to make up his mind what he wanted to do when he grew up.

No. If I remember correctly, he had wanted a career somewhere in the law from back in Virginia when he lived there. It was not something new.

TM didn't skip school. He was SUSPENDED from school. Why do you think he was in Sanford instead of in school in Miami?

They said his suspensions were for skipping school, some weed, and writing on a wall. I don't think these are GOOD behaviors and he should be punished...but I don't think he was totally out of control or that his parents were raising a monster. I've skipped school and I can't tell you how many desks I probably wrote on (oh boy)...but...I wasn't out of control. Fortunately (for me), my school didn't suspend for those things. lol

I didn't know about any fighting...I would agree that could be considered out of control if it happened a lot and not in self-defense.
Tattoos? Of his mom and grandma's name? Doesn't indicate a to me.

Technically it is.. If they used self defense to clear him of murder, Then he is also not guilty of MS. If they used other means to clear him of murder say.. No ill will but not self defense they could still find him guilty of MS based on something else. willful negligence.

Glad you're back! Your posts help keep my blood pressure down. :seeya:

This is very nerve wracking. I'll admit that I'm beginning to fear that the verdict will be manslaughter especially since they are asking for clarification.

I have a question which will probably make me look stupid. Surely everyone doesn't sit in the court room hour after hour - where do they all go and how do they know when to come back?

When something goes down the appropriate parties are alerted and called to the courthouse. When a verdict comes in, everyone is given an amount of time (half an hour, an hour) to get the courthouse for the reading of the verdict.

Is this odd?

Why can't the judge and attys just send back their definition of manslaughter?

I don't think this jury is working on emotions at all.

:twocents: The jury's verdict will clearly state IF they used emotion or not ...

IF they vote acquittal -- they applied the law !

IF they vote 2nd or MS -- they applied their emotions and FEAR !

All My Opinion and MOO !

No. If I remember correctly, he had wanted a career somewhere in the law from back in Virginia when he lived there. It was not something new.

I believe he was in his last semester, completing his associate's degree in criminal justice when this happened.

walking a tightrope here now

judge and lawyers all know cases where appeal has been on juror instructions so they do not want to give out one iota of extra information that may tilt vote.

They need specific questions.....

This is very nerve wracking. I'll admit that I'm beginning to fear that the verdict will be manslaughter especially since they are asking for clarification.

I have a question which will probably make me look stupid. Surely everyone doesn't sit in the court room hour after hour - where do they all go and how do they know when to come back?

I'm right there with you. I'd try to answer your question, but in the Jodi Arias case, her family went to the Grand Canyon. I guess they are free to go wherever they want to go, but each respective attorney gives them a call to be back in XX minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member