Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe GZ sustained those injuries like he claimed, I believe he bashed his own head when he was in the scuffle. When he was asked how TM bashed his head in the pavement, he couldn't answer it. If there is movement going on in a fight, and you are on the bottom, you can hit your own head on ground by trying to get up, then may have gotten pushed down again so I think GZ is, once again, exaggerating... This is MY OPINION ONLY and may not be fact, I wasn't there and neither was anyone else who can claim otherwise :twocents:

I don't think GZ sustained those injuries in the way he said nor do I think they were anything but superficial. If I were on that jury I would be insulted by O'Mara wrestling with that dummy. GZ, by all accounts, did not lose consciousness and was not as limp as a rag as was that dummy. Anyone would offer resistance if their head were being bashed into a sidewalk, yet the dummy, being a dummy, did not offer resistance. It was ridiculous and I must only marvel that it was allowed by the judge. IMO it demonstrated nothing except a dummy can be easily manhandled.

Yes, a person can do that.. They can hit their own head on the pavement when in a fight just from moving around. GZ was making it sound like TM was grabbing his head and pounding it into the pavement but he can't say, when asked, how it was done. If I were on the bottom of a fight near pavement and I'm trying to get out and I'm fighting the "attacker" I can easily band and scrape my head on the pavement.

Can you prove TM was not on top?

She is live but the courtroom scenes she is showing are not but she is acting like they are! :floorlaugh:

I love it when she sticks her finger in her ear like its 1942 and she's Ed Murrow.

She also says right BY the house. See link on the page back. It is all semantics as RJ wasn't there. She can't tell you where he was or even tell you what he meant. She can only tell you what he said.

Surely you are not hanging the theory of whether or not he doubled back to confront GZ on one word. Especially when in the walkthrough GZ says clearly he went toward TM and then changed his mind and said TM came after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not matter. She says AT. There is no reason for her to say AT if he did not say at.. If he only told her the area of.. She would have said that .. But when she says AT.. She means AT.

I think he should have some sentence for his actions, he put himself in this from start to finish, not the other way around. A teen is dead because of GZ, GZ created this whole thing, not TM. Again, I believe GZ isn't telling the truth in what happened...

This whole "it isn't illegal to follow someone" gets frustrating. If I were to follow someone in the store, then go to the same cash register as they, then follow them to the car, then follow them down a street, then another street, then maybe even to their home, do you think that person I'm following might start to wonder why I'm following them, maybe make them feel a bit uneasy? But I'm not doing anything wrong now am I.. But it's causing the other person to feel "uneasy"... Maybe so much so that they wonder why I'm following them, or may even threaten me, do they have a right?

sure they have that right, to question why you are following them, they even have the right to state their case aggressively in an effort to intimidate you so you will stop following them, i dont believe they have the right to threaten you but i would not be surprised or feel it so wrong if theysaid something like "stop following me or you will regret it" etc

but, do they have a right to assault you? to break your nose and somehow cause multiple lumps and scrapes on your head?

in your scenario, do you feel you have the right to strike a person that is following you?

for the record, i dont think zimmerman should have left his car. at any point. but i dont think it has been proven that he started the physical altercation or caused it unavoidably to happen (ie cornering threatening martin)

What's funny to me is folks making arguments that the state isn't even making .

O/T

OMG, HLN is showing a commercial for Perfect Polly... it's a fake parakeet with a perch. For just $14.99. It's head turns around. The old folks seem to love it. Either that or I am now hallucinating. Which is possible.

Remember the pocket hose and life style lift LOL...UMMMM I did get fillers last week..but alas no parrot or fake parrot but I have seen that comercial once and it is indeed rather dumb :floorlaugh:s

I don't think that proves much. The walkway dog path is behind the houses, so he could have been anywhere along there when he said that. He didn't have to be right at the house.

I agree. It's semantics. We can't possibly know what she means when she says "at" or why she said it. That is no indicator of where Trayvon was.

Something that has been bugging me is the 911 tape of the screams. Whoever was screaming sounded like he was terrified and in the middle of getting hurt to me. What kind of injuries did TM have besides the gunshot?
The sounds on that tape make me believe it was GZ receiving blows to the head and stinging and in fear from his punched nose (knowing he had bitten off more than he could chew in approaching TM and knew he was getting his butt kicked).
I think those screams don't match with a person screaming for help because a gun was pulled. I would think when he saw the gun, he would have held his hands up and backed up to calm things down, not made the blood curdling screams I hear on the tape.

I think that was the most important one, imo. The rest are details that there are inconsistent information/stories about. Not in the trial, but just floating around. Hope I didn't offend you. That wasn't my intention at all. :)

On 04/02/2012, 4:35pm, Myself and Bernie de Ia Rionda talked with Tracy Martin, the Victim's father in Miami at Sybrina Fulton's apartment. Martin advised that he is a truck driver for fi in Medley, Florida. He has been employed there approximately 11 years. Martin advised that it was on the Tuesday before the incident, not the Wednesday, that he dropped the Victim off with his girlfriend - who met him half way between Miami and Sanford. The Victim was staying with Green in Sanford. The last time he saw the Victim was on Saturday night after the football game. The Victim left with- Martin gave the Victim $75-$100.00 to eat and to go to the movies.

http://crimelynx.com/zimm/tracy42.pdf

I'm sorry but can you please explain? No one would do what? The post quoted said that it was possible that the injuries could have come from hitting his head while trying to get out from under Trayvon. The post did not say that the hitting of the head was done intentionally to claim self defense or anything of the sort. Thank you.

Poster said he bashed his own head on concrete. Go back and read it again. First sentence. I repeat: Who would do that?! Doesn't need further discussion IMO.

I love Don Lemon but I'm a little tired of hearing him point out "this is what the courthouse looks like" with the exterior shot. You don't say. A trial is being held in a...courthouse.

IMO

It was absolutely nerve wracking.

No one understands verdict watch quite like other WSers. :rockon:

My husband wanted to watch a movie tonight but I can't bring myself to get immersed in one and be cut off from TV and Internet, not knowing what's going on.

Maybe I should just have Nancy Grace text me since she seems to have the inside scoop as to what the jurors are doing and thinking.

Well now that is another change in the story from Zimmerman. At first he said that he was in fact on his "patrol" then later changed it to I was going to the store for milk, then changed it again later on to I was going to do our weekly grocery shopping and then when on Sean Hannity added that he always went and did the weekly grocery shopping on Sunday evening after he mentored those kids.

So I guess it is take your pick as to if he was on "patrol" that night or not.

MOO
Could you provide the video/audio links to the admitted evidence that you're using for your assertions, please. I've not seen them. Thanks!

Yes, a person can do that.. They can hit their own head on the pavement when in a fight just from moving around. GZ was making it sound like TM was grabbing his head and pounding it into the pavement but he can't say, when asked, how it was done. If I were on the bottom of a fight near pavement and I'm trying to get out and I'm fighting the "attacker" I can easily band and scrape my head on the pavement.

So this just occurred to me.
As some believe, including me, that GZ inserts bits of truth into his lies....
When he speaks about feeling like his head would explode....and was surely how it felt after firing a weapon close to your head? Inserted and goes to how his "bell was rung" but not actually from the acts of "having his head slammed by TM?"

I've watched the entire trial, and from the git go the state did / said several things that really peeked my curiousity. One, they said GZ armed himself with two flashlights. I saw the alledged flashlights and what he planned to do with a keychain light is still a mystery to me. Why would the state who is suppose to find the truth use thiss as a potential weapon. I say desperation.

Number two, they treated almost all of their own witnesses as hostile witnesses. Why? I say because they thought they could intimidate them on the stand. I think from the beginning it was not hard to get an impression of politics pulling the strings, and the state thought these players would play into their hands. There is a reason that they didn't and it's because they told the truth which upset the prosecution. JMHO

My hope is that if jury reaches verdict tonight, they wait until tomorrow (Sunday morning) to announce it.

Emotions are running high everywhere. It is Saturday night; there is something about Saturday nights, after all.

Please don't jump all over me about Saturday night.:seeya:
imo

I've had the same concern all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads