Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why it would change any minds. Death often isn't pretty yet that doesn't change the evidence/facts in the case. A few days ago someone said George should have checked to see if TM was dead etc.... and I said many believe it is best NOT to look at the deceased individuals face in these situations as that image can stay with you (you can't be haunted by images that you never saw).

I think the pic proves that point and I hope George kept his eyes averted.

Honestly I do worry about the pic being used to encourage rioting though. That pic would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

IMO.

Hadn't he already looked at him when he testified he sat on TM, spread his arms out to the sides and TM said - "you got me"?
I'm trying to understand how you can kill a boy/man and not remember that - by not "looking at him".

IMO

There is not significant enough recoil. There is significant recoil for a handgun, but not enough enough to break a nose, or even bloody one. Have you ever shot a weapon?

The sharp kick from a handgun would not be enough to give someone a bloody nose. I implore you to find evidence of someone receiving even a bloody nose from the recoil of a 9mm handgun alone.

If Zimmerman was toting around a sawed-off shotgun, I might agree. But what he was using does not factually align with any of the assertions given.

:twocents:

You are not reading what I am saying.
Yes I have fired multiple weapons including a 9mm.
You have video showing significant recoil just from strong men, strongly holding with TWO hands, out stretched in proper position with no resistance or interference.

That is not how the gun was shot in this case. It would have recoiled, without having a second hand to help stabilize it and with the barrel flipping up and back into Zimmerman's face with force enough to cause those injuries.

FYI wftv poll yesterday had 75% thronging it would be a NG verdict, same as CA for conviction.

Hello Verdict Watchers ! Just thought I'd check in and get a feel for what's going on. I of course know the story. I did watch 1 / 35th of the trial LOL . What do you all think is coming? I'll go back and read up a bit !

I think that the jury will come back with a guilty verdict of manslaughter. MOO.

Not sure why it would change any minds. Death often isn't pretty yet that doesn't change the evidence/facts in the case. A few days ago someone said George should have checked to see if TM was dead etc.... and I said many believe it is best NOT to look at the deceased individuals face in these situations as that image can stay with you (you can't be haunted by images that you never saw).

I think the pic proves that point and I hope George kept his eyes averted.

Honestly I do worry about the pic being used to encourage rioting though. That pic would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

IMO.
I must be missing something here. I see this repeated "discussion" about violence occurring. Seriously, what have I missed that would lead anyone to believe that riots will happen? I caught the news last night up here in the Northeast and it basically just talked about how the case went to the jury. Are a lot of you seeing news reports talking about the potential for violence? Yes, it's an emotionally charged case...but many are. People protesting a verdict is not anything new. jmo

I believe this will be a hung jury...

If there isn't a Not Guilty verdict (which I think there should be in this case), I hope for a hung jury. Then, the crap will really hit the fan and all the corruption in this case will be exposed - it has already started....

How, exactly, and where was the weapon found when police arrived? Was Zimmerman's blood on it? Was this posted already?

Only touch DNA. No blood. It was holstered when police arrived.

Not going to happen - she fired him because he directly contacted the defense team which is against their code of ethics.

He was fired because he did this months ago and apparently did this because he was concerned he would be held criminally responsible. Yet he continued to work for the prosecution. If he was so convinced of wrong doing - he should have resigned.

I was typing too fast, I forgot to add the word Not.

I hope this jury does not vote out of fear because they are afraid of riots. etc,

Wasn't the question about George looking at him to answer two questions?
The first is - why didn't he look to see if TM needed immediate medical assistance if he had just shot him without malice? That was a human life bleeding away there no matter what.
The second is - George sounded "surprised" in his police interview to hear that TM was dead. If GZ didn't know he was dead - why did he stand up, holster his gun and start walking around back and forth? Wasn't he still "in fear for his life" if TM was still alive? Even wounded, if alive TM could have struggled up when GZ's back was turned and charged him.

IMO

Justice for Trayvon Martin

GZ also said he heard TM say "ow ow" after the "you got me, you got me" so he knew he shot him.

I think the jury will be not guilty on 2nd degree and hung on manslaughter.

If you hope this jury votes based on a fear of the reaction of the outcome (rather than on evidence and law), it means that you want 'mob justice' to prevail and the whole justice system would be dissolved.
According to her posting history, I'm pretty sure she just left a word out.

Nobody wants riots.

IMO

I think the jury will be not guilty on 2nd degree and hung on manslaughter.

Yes, the population seems to be split on those lines.

I believe George Zimmerman will be found guilty of Manslaughter.

IMO

You are not reading what I am saying.
Yes I have fired multiple weapons including a 9mm.
You have video showing significant recoil just from strong men, strongly holding with TWO hands, out stretched in proper position with no resistance or interference.

That is not how the gun was shot in this case. It would have recoiled, without having a second hand to help stabilize it and with the barrel flipping up and back into Zimmerman's face with force enough to cause those injuries.

If the barrel flipped up and back into his face, where is the injury from the other parts of the weapon? Why is there only one 1/4" scratch? None of the physical evidence lines up with your assertions. The front sight post would have scratched him. The other side of the rear sights would have scratched him. He would have a long scratch down the side of his nose if it was so forceful.

Or do you believe a very small edge of his gun only contacting him on a very small edge of his nose would exert enough force to break his nose and slam his head back into the ground?

I'm all for alternate theories that makes sense. This doesn't make sense.

ETA: Also, why no blood on any of the surfaces of the weapon if it cut Zimmerman?

NCgramma linked to this article in the media thread,
I find this utterly appalling. Firing the whistleblower??? What will be next? I doubt Angela Corey will be elected to another term.

The state holding onto the text messages on TMs phone is incomprehensible. The judge didn't allow them in because they couldn't be "verified". The defense didn't have the time to verify these messages before the trial, but one would bet IF GZ is convicted of anything this will come up on appeal. IMO

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case

fwiw, I heard Hornsby say that, while Nelson did question the authenticity, she ultimately based her decision on relevance. I heard the argument, but did not hear her ruling the next morning, so idk if he's accurate or not. I assume that he is since he's been paying close attention to the trial. jmo

HLN News and Views ‏@HLNTV 38m
mikegalanoshln watching the demonstrators outside court in Sanford, FL. #zimmermantrial http://instagram.com/p/btoA0nTU48/

Not a large crowd and so for peaceful...hope it stays that way.

Welcome KittyMomma!:seeya:
Thanks! I was lurking here during Arias trial and really appreciate the WS community. I thought it was much more respectful to quit lurking and come on in. FYI - small town MO is not too far from where I am (mid-size AR) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018