Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever she testified to is questionable. She wasn't considered a credible witness.

That is debatable..

It is up to us to take testimony and pull it apart and see what we find credible and what is not.

I find some of it credible because there are times she quotes him.. But then there are times she seems to add commentary and that is what I discount.

Judge Jeanine on FNC...

Side Note: The jurors completed their dinner about a half hour ago (still deliberated during dinner). No response to the court on the manslaughter clarification.....I am sure they must have a coffee pot in deliberation room. I know after I eat dinner, I'm getting sleepy.....

The truth is we do not know "The Facts" in this case regarding who did what where. Only two people knew and one of them is dead. The other has a reason to distort reality. JMO

Yes. we do know many many facts in this case. Especially if one listened and watched the entire trial.

No, I do not have a right to hit someone because they are following me, but then again if I feel like my life is in danger, then I can shoot to kill, right?

No one saw the beginning to end of this fight, we are left with a big "fill in the blank" For all we know GZ could have pushed TM but no one saw it happen so everyone assumes that it was TM who gave the first blow and that someone is GZ.

I agree...or maybe TM was afraid for his life because a stranger with a gun was trying to illegally detain him and so he threw the first punch because he was scared and wanted to get away.

It's possible that TM decided to chase and sucker punch GZ for absolutely no reason even though the evidence suggests TM really was trying to get away from him....but my personal opinion is that that scenario is not reasonable or logical.

In my opinion....It is more logical that GZ...who was tired of the effing punks "always getting away"...tried to detain TM by some sort of threat and TM hit him to try to get away.

I just wish there were more proof.

So if she's not reliable as to where he was at, why is she being used as the evidence that TM didn't circle to GZ.

That's a good point. Either we decide that her testimony is entirely truthful, or we decide to only use the parts of her testimony that is corroborated by other evidence.

I'm going with the parts that match up with other testimony and evidence because she has been caught lying. MOO.

ETA: I'm speaking about Rachel Jeantel's testimony.

Agreed. And I am a 56 year old white woman with three children in their 20s so maybe some of the jurors are thinking the same way I would.

Someone asked what if it were our own 17 year old who was shot and killed? Well, that wouldn't happen to my kid, because when my son was 17 (or now that he is 23 for that matter), I guarantee you he wouldn't have jumped someone and pounded their head into the sidewalk.

Of course he wouldn't "jump" someone who had a gun at him that would be crazy :floorlaugh:

I have totally thought about that too, especially since they couldn't identify him! Popsicle, do you know? The only thing I can think of was the battery died.

IMO
I just thought of something...he had it on the headphone setting aand you have to turn the ringer off or down low if you don't want it to blow out your eardrum, IMO. (Learned the hard way a few times.)

OT, I know. But I can't help thinking how cool it would be if the mods posted a list of screen names they gave T.O.'s to today. Mind is wandering waiting for this verdict but can't pry myself away from WS.

I agree. It's semantics. We can't possibly know what she means when she says "at" or why she said it. That is no indicator of where Trayvon was.

Assuming she's even reporting what she heard accurately, we have to interpret what TM meant.

No, I do not have a right to hit someone because they are following me, but then again if I feel like my life is in danger, then I can shoot to kill, right?

No one saw the beginning to end of this fight, we are left with a big "fill in the blank" For all we know GZ could have pushed TM but no one saw it happen so everyone assumes that it was TM who gave the first blow and that someone is GZ.

The benefit of the doubt goes to the defendant. Not Guilty. IMO

So, when TM jumped out the bushes and approached GZ with "got a problem homie", how come GZ didn't run? Why did he think it was smart to reach for his cell phone to call 911 right in front of TM, who by the way may have thought GZ was reaching for a gun. Why did GZ have to say "No, I don't have a problem"....

To calm the situation down? or keep it from escalating?

Again, if you say so. You win. Can we stop now please? It up to the jury now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. because it is not me saying so.. It is actual testimony. I am not making it up or stretching it. Her actual words are..

" HE SAID HE AT.... "

It is not my spin. I have no reason to want to spin anything.

No one was doing anything illegal that night, but somehow a 17 year old teen is dead by the hands of a NW person and those rules in the NW book are there for a reason, to help prevents a situation like this...
If their altercation had ended with no shot being fired and GZ displaying the same injuries when LE arrived, I'm not sure we would be able to state with any confidence that no charges would have been filed.

I want you to know that the reason I listened so closely is because I wanted to hear something that would help me find that GZ was guilty of what the state charged him with.. But the more I listened, It is right there..

HE WAS HOME. Per his words.. And then he went back to where GZ was. It fits with the evidence provided by the state. Not the defense.. The state..

SS: We heard the same thing very clearly - It shouldn't be necessary for you to constantly have to prove something that is in evidence. The jurors heard it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar