Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Zen. I can easily see that playing out with TH if not for the other 2 boys being involved. Why would he go after all 3?

I believe that it was simply because they were there and they were witnesses. To a "normal" thinking person this seems absolutely irrational and absolutely horrid because that's because it is!

However with narcissistic rage, individuals' thoughts are wired differently - they simply have to "remove" whatever or whomever is "in their way". After all, whatever crimes these individuals commit, they believe 100 percent that they are the "victims" because whomever they attack "wronged" them in some way. Every single thing is justified in their mind. There are always patterns of violence.

In this case, the other two boys meant even less to him than his own stepson - collateral damage or a means to an end. They were just part of a "mess" he had to clean up.

In the Pasdar Deposition when asked what T.H. thought other people thought of him T.H. replied that he was a good person. In spite of domestic violence and violent attacks towards others, he still absolutely felt quite good about himself - all part and parcel of a narcissistic personality disorder. JMO

I see what you're saying, and you make excellent points, I'm just not feeling it in my gut.

*takes deep breath..okay since everyone seems open to respectful discussion I'll be brave and throw something out that I haven't voiced in years. What about SJ and JD as suspects?

I can easily see JD especially as someone fitting in with the discipline gone wrong scenario.

Thanks so much for presenting this theory! I have always been intrigued as to how and why S.J. was on the scene during the search and how he made the discovery and of course mentioned "looks like a satanic killing" and of course guess who came to mind! It is so hard for me to fathom that S.J. and J.D. would drive around the countryside on full moon nights searching for satanic rituals. How does that fall under juvenile probation officer training?

Hmm. I like the way you think! Do you think that maybe they came across the 3 boys "acting out" in some manner? Or they arranged for the boys to meet them somewhere? There were incidents reported about 2 of the boys starting fires and other incidents. I never thought of S.J. and D.J. together in this. Great possibility! Looking forward to hearing more - this is very interesting.

I truly do try to keep an open mind on this case and I do believe that's the only way this will ever be solved.

As to T.H. being a viable suspect - well I have shown how I believe him to be - because of his narcissistic personality. That to me shows motive. Did he actually do this? I do not know and there are others who are viable suspects as well and I do appreciate this fact.

I truly do want to hear more theories and as Goblin Keeper says "all theories welcome!"

I think it was a chance encounter. If they were involved this is how I imagine it would have played out: I think we can assume that CB was in a 'mood' that day. He'd been disciplined by JMB, knew more was to come because of him slipping off and having 'broken' into the house and so was most likely mad at the world. He and the other 2 boys slipped off and were playing somewhere they weren't allowed and JD and SJ saw them and decided to chastise the boys. CB wasn't having it. Here was yet one (I picture JD being the aggressor in this scenario) more adult telling him what he could/could not do, and he wasn't having it. I'm also assuming he had contempt for LE due to his family background, so he got mouthy with them, they took it personally and it escalated. There was no intent to murder, but once things had gotten to a certain point, killing the boys seemed the only alternative.

This is why those 2 inserted themselves into the investigation and threw DE under the bus straight off. They didn't like him already and knew they could 'sell' the satanic cult theory. Just an alternative theory, don't kill me!!

TH is most definitely narcissistic, malignantly so. However his reactions when confronted on aspects of this case have made me turn away from seriously considering him a suspect these days. For instance when questioned about the pool being drained at the residence he lived in at the time of the murders, he gave a grin and said something like..."Well, can I get my shoes back?". He wasn't defensive at all. True, this could have been due to the fact that he knew there was no evidence in the pool and so had no worries in that aspect. But if he had done it, I think his reaction would have been different. JMO.

Your theory concerning S.J. and J.D. certainly explains how S.J. was at the discovery site and why he was part of the search - to put forth D.E.'s name and sound convincing about the satanic part. I could never get over the fact that S.J. and J.D. who were known for their moonlight satanic circle searches managed to put D.E. (whom J.D. was known to hate) at the top of the list of suspects. Then how S.J. went with the officer the next day to speak with D.E. But the chances of one of them being the first to discover something at the discovery site - well I have a better chance at winning the lottery! I mean, I really can't get over the fact that S.J. was the one there.

Your theory sure does explain a lot! Thank you for putting this out there!

Yes! Exactly, he inserted himself into the investigation from the start, and I have read many profiles where it's said to always be suspicious of someone who does that.

I see what you're saying, and you make excellent points, I'm just not feeling it in my gut.

*takes deep breath..okay since everyone seems open to respectful discussion I'll be brave and throw something out that I haven't voiced in years. What about SJ and JD as suspects?

I can easily see JD especially as someone fitting in with the discipline gone wrong scenario.

I've long cast suspicious eyes at JD. Not so much SJ, although he does seem to have been JD's sidekick at the time.

First off, welcome to the board Anastacia! I think you'll find that the discussions here tend to be both respectful and rather constructive. Sometimes people disagree but it hardly ever gets nasty or petty, and new theories are always welcome!

I'm on holiday at the moment and attempting to post off of my iPhone, so I'll have to keep it brief!

Zen's description of a narcissistic person was brilliant, and I wholeheartedly agree. TH is my main suspect, in part due to what Zen stated. However, I try to keep an open mind, and there are several suspicious charcters involved in this case.

I've dismissed Bojangles as a possible perp too. Like another poster stated (sorry, I forgot who!), the crime scene was "clean" of evidence, and he wouldn't then have gone on to create a such mess in the restroom. He could've been a witness to something regarding the crime, like the perp checkin on the bodies, and this would coincide with the loud "splashes" or gunshots heard by RC and a few of his friends who searched the area that night. However, it could all be something completely unrelated. I believe that's probably more likely. If anything, Bojangles makes a perfect example of how poorly the WMPD handled this case.

It's interesting that SJ and JD were brought up! Them involvin themselves as much as they did, and SJ even being the one who found where the bodies were located, was always rather odd. However, they were on a crusade after all...

Thank You Graznik!

I've been poring back over the case, and unfortunately, I think ya'll are right about bojangles. This case has always made a little bit crazy, so I think I just decided to blame it on the random guy at bojangles just so I wouldn't have to think about it anymore. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, does anyone here know how JD and SJ even got involved in the search for the little boys that morning?

Yeah, this case can drive you crazy for sure... Just the fact that it could've been anyone...

However, and I forgot to add this to my previous post, I believe the perp, whoever it might be, participated in the search. Like CR stated, the perp would then have known when it would've been safe to move the bodies etc.

IIRC, SJ got word of it some time during the morning of the 6th and basically decided he was gonna go search for them. He stated something along those lines in West of Memphis.

Thank you Graznik!

While reading a lot of the threads I saw several questions regarding TH behavior that night. Why didn't he call PH sooner? Why didn't he call the police himself sooner and make a report. Why did he not go up and talk to the police when he saw the other parents talking to them?

IMO, when he went to DJ earlier that night they smoked a joint. He was high. That's why he lost track of time, that's why he was so blase over the fact that SB hadn't come home. That's why he put off talking to the cops as long as he did. He was high and was paranoid. JMO.

I also believe the perp aided in the search....

That's entirely possible, Anastacia, at least the part about TH doing some sort of drug during the afternoon/evening. I don't really know anything about DJ, but from the little I know he seems like a really decent kind of guy. TH on the other hand has a history of drug use - even though he tries to downplay it himself.
Personally, I think the reason he didn't call her could have been a lot more eerie...

Oh, it certainly could have been. My mind just still won't accept that TH would have attacked all 3 boys. The one he felt he had the 'right' to rule over, sure, but not the other 2. However, someone in "authority" would have felt he had a 'right' to 'discipline' all the boys.

Oh, it certainly could have been. My mind just still won't accept that TH would have attacked all 3 boys. The one he felt he had the 'right' to rule over, sure, but not the other 2. However, someone in "authority" would have felt he had a 'right' to 'discipline' all the boys.

That's perfectly fine :)
I think CB and MM were witnesses TH needed to silence. But the fact of the matter is that none of us can know for certain.

Again, TH is my primary suspect. However, the idea of someone from LE being involved with TH would certainly explain why TH has maintained his "teflon" status over the years. I also still cannot rule out pedophilia in some form - which leads to the strange statement of JKM, but that's another story!

One theory I've kept in the back of my mind over the years is this. TH had been abusing both SB and AH over the years. Suppose that he wanted to "share" SB and his friends (CB and MM) with his supposed pedophile buddies (which could include JD and/or SJ). Suppose that TH went to the woods with his pedophile buddies knowing that the boys were there. That would explain why all three were killed.

Additionally, the most severe attack was on SB, which points to someone close to SB. The attack on CB's genitals could be because CB was showing romantic interest in AH and TH wanted to keep her for himself. (However, I don't rule out the expert opinion that the degloving was animal predation.) The Guy/Stewart affidavits discuss the possibility that TH was a bisexual with a preference for little boys. (I know these are horrible accusations, but this was a horrible crime.)

I think Bojangles was an accidental witness to something, maybe not the initial attack but TH checking on the bodies at some point in the night - possibly shortly after the initial attack, say between 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm - right before TH had to pick up PH. TH saw/heard Bojangles and shot at him, wounding him. Remember, TH has claimed that his 9 mm went missing about this time.

I agree that TH not telling PH that SB was still missing is truly unbelievable, but there's so much unbelievable about TH that is boggles the mind! I guess that's why this thread is so long! However, the suggestion of involvement by someone from LE has long been on my radar, and JD and SJ (much more the former, however) would make good guesses.

I agree that a pedophile would have left a different crime scene than the one in this case. That's why I always have trouble with the theory that JKM was the perp. Yes, he knew quite a lot about the crime scene, but I just don't see him killing three boys and leave their bodies with no evidence of sexual assault whatsoever. Btw, which two traces of sexual abuse are you referring to? I know about the abrasion on SB's genitals, but I don't know of any other.

LM, thank you for pointing this out, the sign of sexualization on CB is not unequivocal. Peretti states „Microscopic exam of penis revealed bacterial colonies“. This is usually a pointer for a yeast infection, possibly, but not necessarily caused by sexual activity.

BTW,
Even if TH would have been caught carrying a body, he could have yelled something like: 'I found the bodies', and people would believe him (I think).
LM, that's a very interesting thought.

Nice to see Justiceseeker popping in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay