Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure they have his DNA from the SC case.
They never found her body, correct? If they collect his DNA then, I don't know that they would be able to use it.
:shrug: IMO

NG is painful to listen to concerning AM case. Does she really think she is a legal analyst of this case? At least she is bringing national attention to the case.

Nancy Grace is worthless. She's in it for the ratings. I really wish she wasn't trying to sensationalize this. It's a disGrace to Alexis and her family if you ask me.

She's giving Alexis national attention!! I sure won't complain about that!

LE must be busy interviewing RAT's ex, her mother, maybe his son and other family members and friends of his.

To be a fly on the wall!

just had a thought. i'm watching NG right now and they were talking about SC and how he called her numerous times. does he still have a cell phone? what was the ping activity like since the day Alexis went missing?

I would assume he as a cell phone of some sort, but that's just an assumption on my part since most people have one these days - even if it is just a pay as you go flip phone. And since he was living in the camper, allegedly, I wouldn't think there would be a phone line hooked up there. These are all assumptions mind you.

They never found her body, correct? If they collect his DNA then, I don't know that they would be able to use it.
:shrug: IMO

My point is, they have probably compared his DNA to the perp in Morgan's. and have said they do not believe there is a connection. So if that is the case, Morgan's case should not keep coming in, IMO, and NG is not helping.

I am thinking if RT had a phone, it did not have GPS, since LE is needing info on his whereabouts. That is depressing.

I agree cluciano. I would suspect if he had a cell it was a very cheap flip phone. He doesn't strike me as the tech savvy kind of guy.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 23m
Michael Hallahan, the attorney appointed to represent Randy Taylor, is speaking out about the case before him. http://ht.ly/nWid8

"This is a class 5 felony, carries anything for punishment up to 10 years. There's another type of abduction with the intent to defile. That is a much more serious charge that carries up to life in prison. But they don't have him charged with that they have him charged with simple abduction," Hallahan said.

Not only does the charge suggest to Hallahan that law enforcement doesn't have a lot of evidence, but he also points out that most defendants see the court in 30 days, but Taylor will sit in jail until January - nearly five months that will allow the prosecution to prepare its case.

http://ht.ly/nWid8

I really don't think RAT stalked Alexis on her Twitter account or any other social media site.I think he was having hard times and bet he had no computer or cell phone.He lived in a camper with electricity coming from the house.I think he stalked her from the Food Lion
parking lot as she arrived.Then headed over to the station to see how he could approach her.JMO

What is wrong with NG, lol? She is demanding to know, from a defense attorney why this guy is not talking. I wish he said "duh, 'cuz he doesn't have to."

:::floridamomma throws open door:::

i was busy all day, but checked in on my phone in random places. ya know: red lights, in line at the pharmacy, dr waiting room, etc.

NOT ONCE COULD I FIND THIS THREAD!!

anyway, im here now, carry on. i was about to file a missing thread report!

im off to catch up!

My point is, they have probably compared his DNA to the perp in Morgan's. and have said they do not believe there is a connection. So if that is the case, Morgan's case should not keep coming in, IMO, and NG is not helping.
Which brings about an interesting question: If they didn't arrest him until Monday, then would they have compared his DNA against Morgan's case when he wasn't arrested? If not, they might still be waiting on results. Or they may not have compared them at all. The article below says:

"State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said that, so far, there is no evidence linking the Alexis Murphy case to the murder of Morgan Harrington."

It doesn't say they have compared DNA yet.
JMO
http://www.insidenova.com/news/crime_police/updated-randy-taylor-s-arrest-revives-interest-in-stalker-case/article_252d9606-02de-11e3-ae2e-0019bb2963f4.html

:::floridamomma throws open door:::

i was busy all day, but checked in on my phone in random places. ya know: red lights, in line at the pharmacy, dr waiting room, etc.

NOT ONCE COULD I FIND THIS THREAD!!

anyway, im here now, carry on. i was about to file a missing thread report!

im off to catch up!

LOL I had trouble too this morning. I thought oh my they must have found her. Checked that thread. Not even sure how I found my way here:facepalm:

I really don't think RAT stalked Alexis on her Twitter account or any other social media site.I think he was having hard times and bet he had no computer or cell phone.He lived in a camper with electricity coming from the house.

I think if LE had evidence that he was connecting with Alexis or stalking her on social media, we would know - LE would encourage anyone with tweets, FB messages, emails, texts etc. from RAT to call the tip line. Those are evidence.

Heres what I think happened to RAT since Samantha Clarke disappeared, leading up to Alexis' abduction:

*He lost steady employment and therefore income
*He turned to criminal activities from his past (selling drugs, maybe other things) to make money - And of course, using drugs too
*His drug use impaired hm to the point that he was not able to hide this abduction like he did in the past (also, as Alexis is 17 and Samantha 19, Alexis' case has that urgency of an "abducted child" investigation)

JMO

"This is a class 5 felony, carries anything for punishment up to 10 years. There's another type of abduction with the intent to defile. That is a much more serious charge that carries up to life in prison. But they don't have him charged with that they have him charged with simple abduction," Hallahan said.

Not only does the charge suggest to Hallahan that law enforcement doesn't have a lot of evidence, but he also points out that most defendants see the court in 30 days, but Taylor will sit in jail until January - nearly five months that will allow the prosecution to prepare its case.http://ht.ly/nWid8

I hope this isn't the case. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those botched cases. My gut says it isn't, not with all the LE involved from the get go. But....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx