Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the Living in the Shadow article below very helpful. There's a story in there about how RAT met Samantha and her Mother. It talks about his case against his arrest. Now, in this case, I think LE must have something solid on him in the actual abduction of Alexis.

Where are they? Two missing girls, one suspect
http://www.readthehook.com/109994/wh...ls-one-suspect

Living in the shadow: As Samantha Clarke's family mourns, a suspect claims police harassment
http://www.readthehook.com/108360/li...ice-harassment

link not coming up

Just a reminder, because I'm not sure all new posters know: If you have a degree in something - you can become a verified insider! It's very helpful for contributors to know this as it builds trust.

If you are a local, please get verified because once again, it helps many of us and this is one of the few cases a LOT of posters (newer and vets ;) ) have been local.

For safety reasons I'm not verified although I did send in all my information pertaining to sex work, so while you don't need to take my word for what I do know (being outreach and my job itself), the admin and mods have been sent proof. It was agreed between myself and their suggestion that I really think about considering "verified" and I chose to heed caution and listen to them ;) I swear I try my best lol.

& I'm not a mod or even close to it but because it's late and I know many are new here: please look over the rules and TOS. This website is victim friendly and it's also "member friendly" - we do not attack other posters or put them down. this is one of the very few forums that takes that rather seriously. We all have matters and opinions of our own, but the subject of all the threads is finding justice and keeping an open mind while tastefully bouncing ideas off of one another. Arguing and personal attacks is against TOS. There's other rules too that are all vital to keeping our threads alive and not getting them locked up. :)

Again I'm not an admin, but I'm trying to remind new posters here of the rules so we don't get our areas of discussion taken away - people getting time outs or just in general upsetting the mods who work tirelessly as it is.

Cases always fall near and dear to many of our hearts and can make emotions on edge, I sense this case will do it for many if it hasn't already. I wanted to only bring this up while it's quiet (mods, feel free to delete if need be.) and such.

Remember too! If you feel someone is upsetting you there is a block feature and if it's really necessary, you can hit the triangle button to alert a mod of a post that is inappropriate.

:)
Are you verified? Tia, you are full of great information! :seeya:

:seeya: Been awhile but finally remembered my pw to get here!

Praying for Alexis and her dear family. I'm kinda hoping he does have some type hearing so we can see what evidence they have thus far. I'm not convinced he is guilty at this point.

Why arrest him without following to see who he communicated with, and what areas he went? Might have lead them to Alexis. [/b]
AND if they already had him in radar from day one, then should have been following him since day one, and therefore, just how was her car moved to Charlottesville without any LE seeing it??? Either he has someone else working with him, or he isn't their guy! All of course IMO

B b m

I'm trying to figure out why some here question this arrest.
Do you seriously think LE would do so without evidence? Sheezzeee

So, if its true he worked as a mechanic, and if he planned / stalked his potential victims, he possibly could've messed with their vehicles beforehand?

Maybe he then followed them, and when he encountered them, mentioned sparks or something, giving credibility to him being just a passerby witness to the car trouble, as the driver would have noticed the car acting up while driving it...

Also, Alexis' family did recognize seeing him before....small town, I know, but still...just throwing this out there...

I can't believe LE would arrest this guy without solid physical evidence this time. They could end up with a major harassment issue on their hands. So I believe they have it. Also because they arrested him quickly, without finding Alexis. When Sierra Lamar was abducted, the arrest took months, even though we found out they had a suspect most of the time. And that suspect is being charged with murder, without her body being found yet.

Yep, agreed.

So, thinking more about this Larry Breeden thing, his alias was possibly compromised, so chances are he came up with a new one(s).

Knowing this alias(es) could prove important in linking him to other possible crimes. Chances are he didn't always use his real name bc of his record, and also to avoid detection for whatever he might've been up to at that time.

There is one thing I am trying to figure out why did RAT target AM, was it because she was just in close vicinity and she got on his monster radar? Is there another reason all together a link that is being missed. Did he frequent her job at all? I wonder if they have looked into those surveillance cameras around her work. According to news articles she worked on the day before she disappeared.

Re: the conversation upstream, I think its a good point to consider why they didn't keep him under surveillance longer. I guess they decided he's not going to revisit the crime scene or lead them to Alexis?

Or more than likely they thought he was just too darn dangerous, and they couldn't take the chance of him possibly slipping away!

I remember it wasn't until ARS's court proceedings that a lot of details came out re: Jessica Ridgeway (forensic evidence, linking, etc.). I'm sure this will be the case here.

Just want to mention that in an abcnews article linked upstream, he is quoted as Randolph:

"We continue to ask the public for tips, particularly if you have information on Randolph Taylor," Anthony Martin, the Commonwealth's Attorney for Nelson County, said at the news conference." <maybe this is just transcribed incorrectly>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-custody-teen-alexis-murphy-missing/story?id=19938428

So, maybe there is other info / links to his past under this name, whether it is correct or not.

I remember it wasn't until ARS's court proceedings that a lot of details came out re: Jessica Ridgeway (forensic evidence, linking, etc.). I'm sure this will be the case here.

I really hope it is, RAT has already took the FBI to court before for the GPS and unconstitutional surveillance. They had better have made this case on point and not let anything slip up. Since it just went national already I can see people dividing this over of course race, as usual all over MSM discussion postings. People are already jumping to his side.

All they need is just some DNA and nowadays they have such precise DNA tests they should be able to get something from one of those vehicles as long as they can find it.

Let us hope for the best in this.

<o/t, but am I the only one who eats like a pig this late at night? Its 4:30 am and I've eaten half the kitchen>

<o/t, but am I the only one who eats like a pig this late at night? Its 4:30 am and I've eaten half the kitchen>

By no means no you aren't. I am in Germany so about 8 hours ahead of you if your on the East Coast, and snacks and Malzbeir(which is a nonalcoholic beer over here that tastes great) have been getting me through this case. I have friends in VA with teenager daughters so I was concerned for them.

"More than 50 officers and analysts from the FBI, Nelson County Sheriff's Office and the Virginia State Police have joined the effort to locate Murphy.

Murphy was last seen wearing a pink blouse, floral-patterned spandex pants, brown boots and was carrying a dark and light gray colored purse."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-custody-teen-alexis-murphy-missing/story?id=19938428

I remember somewhere upstream there was an article linked and/or discussion mentioning that the Rt 29 stalker was known to discard items along the roadway in the past? Is this true? (Sorry so many posts, links, articles....I had the posts I wanted to respond to linked, but messed it all up by closing out the windows). Anyway, if this is true, everyone needs to keep an eye out for items such as her purse and cellphone along the roadways.

well I managed to find this one guy up there thinks he looked out of place and I read something about a Hwy stalker sorry I forgot the name of the highway:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23130116/lovingston-man-he-recalls-randy-taylors-strange-behavior

its the route 29 stalker

From this link:

"Johnson says he's seen Taylor in the Lovingston Food Lion parking lot, just sitting and watching people."

I remember upstream someone mentioned a potential victim whose car was found in the Food Lion Parking Lot?

"More than 50 officers and analysts from the FBI, Nelson County Sheriff's Office and the Virginia State Police have joined the effort to locate Murphy.

Murphy was last seen wearing a pink blouse, floral-patterned spandex pants, brown boots and was carrying a dark and light gray colored purse."

I remember somewhere upstream there was an article linked and/or discussion mentioning that the Rt 29 stalker was known to discard items along the roadway in the past? Is this true? (Sorry so many posts, links, articles....I had the posts I wanted to respond to linked, but messed it all up by closing out the windows). Anyway, if this is true, everyone needs to keep an eye out for items such as her purse and cellphone along the roadways.

Unfortunately RAT has been ruled out in the one murder case of that was linked to the RT.29 stalker, "Tonight, sources in Charlottesville are reporting he has been ruled out as a suspect in the 1996 murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds. He was reportedly in jail at the time of her disappearance." However, he could be a copy cat, or just a different type of serial killer. Also, the other victim that survived last name of Shomo identified David Rice as the culprit per this news article, http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/082005/08232005/rice.

Yet it could be two different SK with different MO's or similar ones. Again, IMO

I came to check on Alexis first thing this morning and almost had a heart attack when I couldn't find her thread in Missing. So I thought OMG she's been found!! But she wasn't in Located either. Then I remembered there was a new thread for RAT. Duh.

Hoping today we get to see 'Found Alive' before her name! :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member