Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as another reference point, RT explicitly states AM didn't smoke or drink with them, he makes it sound like she was merely a go-between. I realize that 'arranging a pot deal' doesn't look that awesome either, and he may just be trying to avoid a contributing to delinquency of minor (or legal terms to that effect?) charge if he DID say he gave her a beer or shared pot with her.

No, I think he knows he killed her and she did not smoke pot or drink at the time so he knows that this will make it look like the truth he is telling. The dude is pretty cunning.... got out of one murder wrap already. When there is no body, the case is very very hard to prosecute.

I have a hard time believing she'd set-up a pot deal with a creepy stranger and that her dealer is responsible for her disappearance.

I would be ever so grateful for some assistance...

there are some questions asked of me on these threads... And questions of my own...

and I am having a hard time finding "Alexis Murphy Media and Timeline thread"...

I wish to go there to research my answers....

Could someone nudge me in the correct direction?

TIA...:seeya:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219198"]Timeline and Media Thread *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

here you go

Here are some tips:

look up way at the top and you will see the name of the forum.

click on that

it takes you back to the main page of the forum and shows all the topical threads

All of the reference threads like media, photos, etc are up in the stickies area.

I have a hard time believing she'd set-up a pot deal with a creepy stranger and that her dealer is responsible for her disappearance.

Lol, I agree. It is not the brightest story anyone has ever used. It makes no sense at all.

About the hair found of hers in his home/trailer.
That JUST BECAUSE it was found in his property does not mean he kidnapped or killed her?
:banghead:
so far nobody has come foreword and said she even smoked weed or had a habit of buying it and all that crazy stuff he is saying.
:twocents::facepalm:
who can take anything this killer says seriously?
A witness said he sat watching people from a parking lot across from where she went missing.
Does this imply premeditation? Why watch anyone?Unless you planned to harm that person or hurt them in some way?
Well, they have the right man now we need the right way to punish him for doing this.:twocents:

Search and Rescue ‏@ParaSearchers 55m
Searching for #alexismurphy at Anchorage Farm Road where Morgan Harrington was found #findalexismurphy pic.twitter.com/r8Qko6f1hz

https://twitter.com/ParaSearchers

BRvgFcICQAAhb5y.jpg

I find this really odd and interesting...hmmm

Here is one of the articles where the attorney is quoted:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23140117/through-attorney-randy-taylor-tells-his-story

Also...this is interesting.

Here is a link to the video of Hallahan's presser:

http://www.nbc29.com/category/175568/video-landing-page

The link will not take you directly to the video but go to the bottom where it says "previous" and the video is on page two titled "Through Attorney, Randy Taylor Tells His Story" and is a little over three minutes long (with a several second ad at the beginning).

I really have a hard time with vilifying Hallahan, like some in here are doing. He's a court appointed attorney. It's his job to represent his client, whether he's innocent or guilty, and he's doing it to the best of his ability with what he's been given.

I really have a hard time with vilifying Hallahan, like some in here are doing. He's a court appointed attorney. It's his job to represent his client, whether he's innocent or guilty, and he's doing it to the best of his ability with what he's been given.

I was about to say this. Well-said, NelsonVA!

Our system needs defense attorneys! Are some of them bad? Of course! But let's let this play out. RAT, no matter what he has done, is entitled to a good defense as are all those who are innocent until proven guilty.

I find this really odd and interesting...hmmm
Dear God. IF this is the person these women last encountered, if MH was killed by him; we will all want him to get the needle like yesterday! I cannot believe they are searching that property but since his buttresses up and right directly to that area of the farm, my Mind is spinning.

he is setting up his defense strategy Cherie.. imhoo.

I don't care if she smoked pot. I don't care if she cussed on her social media. But he is going to use that to assassinate her character if and when this comes to trial. Hopefully when it gets to that point they can get any and all social media thrown out.

I actually disagree. I don't see any assassinating of character here. Perhaps I am a minority but I don't see how someone smoking pot or even setting up a deal for pot is anything negative regarding AM. Not at her age, it is pretty normal to smoke weed and very few people look at it as any sort of big deal. Someone upthread said that the culture there is pretty laid back when it comes to weed. Now I had a teenage and 20's background of lots of pot so maybe i am coming from a different space but its been 30 years since i smoked lol.

There is nothing that even begins to suggest she asked for it, had done anything to cause it, its no different than someone bringing over a 24 and being a teen. big deal. its technically illegal but its pretty mainstream.

Not saying I believe his story but there is one way it will raise reasonable doubt and that is if cornrow dude corroborates his story. And it is really hard to see why he would come up with it if he knew he wouldn't corroborate it. Does him no good at all that way, just makes him look as if he is making it up. So the detail, rather than saying broadly it was some black dude but actually doing everything but naming him makes me question.

There is a reason a lot of lawyers don't want to know if a client did it, and it has to do with suborning perjury. Diff lawyers feel differently about it but he removes any chance of putting his client on the stand if he knows he is guilty. As an officer of the court he can't allow perjury knowingly. Doesn't matter if he suspects but to actually know puts him in legal jeopardy if his client wants to get on the stand.

imo

You are correct.

However, as it stands right now, it is only about pot smoking. The attorney will use her posts online about pot to show that Alexis was at RAT's for a pot deal. I don't think her online presence leads to anything nefarious or bad, like being a prostitute or anything. I don't think those that knew her (if her lawyer is drumming up witnesses) will say she was into anything bad either. She looks like a good kid to me. So, as far as I see, pot is all there is. It is not bad, it is simply to say, "RAT is right, the kid smokes, she came to his camper to make a pot deal." HTH.

However, the attorney has quickly shut up. This means something is up, something found that connects RAT in more than a pot way. Probably the phones found, but he may know more.

**I got interrupted with work, so if this rambles, now you know why.

I think he shut up because he got the bond hearing, right now he can leave it quiet until then. He wants to save his ammo for that and not give anything to LE beyond what he already has.

I think he shut up because he got the bond hearing, right now he can leave it quiet until then. He wants to save his ammo for that and not give anything to LE beyond what he already has.

But why would he disable his hotline and instruct people to call LE?

Might be time to bring in some search and rescue crews, or allow some community searches for her.
I just posted the same thing on my own fb page because Im getting frustrated about just that... online shares of her photo and prayers all helps, but it can only go so far when boots on the ground are really needed... so, being local, how can I help do something to get this going?

Ok, I live south of nelson, but va is a conservative bible beating state when you get outside the dc area. This is not colorado or california. Smoking weed publicly outside a car wash in broad daylight is no somthing you would see. I don't buy it at all!

I respectfully disagree... yes, we have conservative areas, and a large amount of great Church folks... but its also country, and I don't mean "redneck" I mean, woodsy, kicked back, relaxed... and I have seen people light up openly all the time if others aren't around.... back in the day I used to be one of them... many a year ago... and it still goes on today, because I still see it today... with both the younger and older folks... but thats just my :twocents: and its meant with absolute respect... :)

But what can a brand new lawyer do other than believe his client when he first hears their story. Sorry, but it's their job to defend (even the indefensible).

His job is to force the burden of proof on the prosecution in any way that he can and if the burden doesn't stand up to whatever he throws at it then hopefully there is an acquittal. I am NOT saying I want RT acquitted but I believe that any time the state hasn't reached its burden there should be an acquittal. To protect the rest of us from wrongful convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member