Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may very well be right but I do know that red clay holds its form even after getting rained on repeatedly. I have horses turned out on red clay, and when they leave deep hoofprints in the clay, it can rain many times before the clay is smoothed over again. The water will actually just sit in the grooves and sink into the soil but unless there is a really big downpour, it is not completely flattened back out. So, it would be interesting to know what large rain events have taken place in the Tyro area recently. And of course, if there is a second person involved, those tracks could have been made much more recently....

I was going to say the same. Red clay holds a form for quite awhile. And if wet when the tracks are made, the clay turns hard like a brick when dried! Almost impossible to dig in when dry. :twocents:

:seeya: Hello everyone! It's a slow day in the news for Alexis, but i'm sure it's not slow with LE! Keep the faith!
Forgive me if this has been posted (I didn't see it anywhere but could have missed it), but there has been an arrest in VA based on familial DNA...great news. They aren't saying who or what the crimes involved are.....

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_65c19914-6b03-55b5-b686-73cbaf141ab5.html

Really interesting story, thanks. Reporter Frank Green has been following familial DNA for a while, and as he mentioned, familial DNA helped crack the "Grim Sleeper" serial murder case here in Los Angeles.

Bill Thomas

I was going to say the same. Red clay holds a form for quite awhile. And if wet when the tracks are made, the clay turns hard like a brick when dried! Almost impossible to dig in when dry. :twocents:

You have more red clay in the soil there- than we have here then. It is hard to discern the properties via video via internet... Thanks!

I just was wondering, based on the statement in the article, would they release an actual image of the tracks. Could they be any set of tracks in that clay? If there were a second perp wouldnt it tip him off if he saw his tracks and then go change the tires. that seems like a long shot considering the expense and trail it would leave. Unless he had another set layin around... IDK just where my mind went.

I don't know anything of how to tell how old tracks are etc... I get the red clay thing though.

Hope they find her. Soon!

Moo.

Don't know if this is the actual site where the tracks were made...but I do know, "what goes up had to come down." Any track is probably going to be doubled back on unless the driver took another way down.

Don't know if this is the actual site where the tracks were made...but I do know, "what goes up had to come down." Any track is probably going to be doubled back on unless the driver took another way down.

The landowner said in the interview that was televised that he could see where the vehicle had gone "over the mountain" and then come back. If you go to www.wset.com and watch the video, it gives a little more detail. But as I understood it, the tracks go both ways in what is a steep, rugged and not well traveled part of this person's 500 acre property.

If they issued a BOLO for cornrow guy, that means they either didn't believe the people on news article comments who claimed to be his coworker, OR those people never contacted LE. (Meaning, they could have just visited his place of business.)

If they issued a BOLO for cornrow guy, that means they either didn't believe the people on news article comments who claimed to be his coworker, OR those people never contacted LE. (Meaning, they could have just visited his place of business.)

One would think that LE would read the comments on SM & MSM.

And one would think MSM would read their own articles' comments & alert LE...

Many people are emboldened by anonymity (though false) the internet provides.

You have more red clay in the soil there- than we have here then. It is hard to discern the properties via video via internet... Thanks!

I live in central Va as well and I can confirm about the mud. Its really dense and holds its form well for a long time. Thomas Jefferson built Monticello out of the same Va clay and had a lot to say about its superiority versus English clay and bricks.

Whoever pointed that the tires on the back of RAT's truck looked like mud tires, thank you for that.If the tracks were made in a forward direction going up the mountain, the rear wheels would superimpose or erase the tracks from non-mud tires on the front of the vehicle, since they have more of a grip and would probably leave a deeper imprint.

Parker Slaybaugh says it is a very secluded area and the prints were found days ago and reported days ago. hmm

That is a very good point, it didn't occur to me that the picture could just be of "any" tire tracks for the purpose of the story. I guess we will find out eventually.

That is a very good point, it didn't occur to me that the picture could just be of "any" tire tracks for the purpose of the story. I guess we will find out eventually.

Thank you... This is what I was getting at but it didn't come out so clear.

Ty

The land owner says he saw a story on our newscast where we interviewed a man who claims he saw suspect Randy Taylor's truck at J & K store the Monday after Alexis went missing.

After our source saw the interview and realized his property is not far from the store, he began searching his property and that is when he noticed some truck tire tracks that didn't belong.

http://www.wset.com/story/23175388/...ks-on-his-property-authorities-to-search-area

I cannot imagine LE not going out to search right away, if the tire tracks were even close to RT's truck. JMO or letting this leak...did the property owner tell the media? How did it get out?

I cannot imagine LE not going out to search right away, if the tire tracks were even close to RT's truck. JMO or letting this leak...did the property owner tell the media? How did it get out?

My possibly overly cynical opinion but: feels like a combo of press desperate for a story and some guy who wanted to see his name in print.

At first glance, it looked or sounded like a planned leak...trying to get someone to start acting squirrely. Clamping down the screws and turning up the heat in hopes of making someone worry or come forward with info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper