Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith is playing a big part to keep Alexis Murphy's family strong in the days since her disappearance. Family members attended a church revival service Sunday to reenergize their efforts to find Alexis.

http://ht.ly/o2paZ

Not to be snarky, but there are obviously also a lot of "outsiders" who care a lot. We know that terrible things happen to all kinds of people and we want justice for them, no matter what kind of family they come from or what part of society they belong to. In any case, IMOO saying that someone's activities may have put her at risk for being a crime victim (which afaik, jmoo, i have not seen regarding alexis) is a far cry from saying she brought anything on herself.

JMOO.
To be completely dead serious, at this point, there's no telling what those "activities" are that could have put her at risk, going to McDs, going to get gas, planning a trip to buy hair extensions on a Saturday night? "saying" she smoked weed to her friends on Twitter? I have yet to hear what this 17 year old child did to put herself at risk other than being in the dead wrong place at the wrong time. Remember, the victim's not here to defend herself.

No worries, we all just want Alexis to be found. All of you are working very hard in trying to do that and your collective diligence is admirable!

I know this video has been posted but this sends us a powerful message."Nobody deserves to go missing" These guys did a wonderful job and trying to help the family.If you haven't watched it you should. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZyLKxBaeMY"]J-Willz - Gone Missing (Official Video) #FindAlexisMurphy & #FindSageSmith TRIBUTE - YouTube[/ame]

To be completely dead serious, at this point, there's no telling what those "activities" are that could have put her at risk, going to McDs, going to get gas, planning a trip to buy hair extensions on a Saturday night? "saying" she smoked weed to her friends on Twitter? I have yet to hear what this 17 year old child did to put herself at risk other than being in the dead wrong place at the wrong time. Remember, the victim's not here to defend herself.

Absolutely right!

These people we try to find are human beings, living human lives and making human mistakes. Along the way, while finding out who they are, and why they would have been a victim of a crime, we find out things sometimes about them, that if we talk about them, can be seen by some as being victim bashing when it's not, when all we are trying to do is link if that characteristic of the person came into play as to why this crime happened to them.

I don't know how to do that without it coming off as bashing when all it is, is a point of discussion and how it lead to figuring out what happened to the victim. JMO

I have been looking and looking and I just found an arrest record for RAT in 1987 for burglary in South Carolina with a SC address for RAT.

Shows RAT living in Dillon SC

More details on the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9766583#post9766583"]Suspect: Randy Taylor Thread[/ame]

Just know that outsiders, who are not from Nelson County, will say anything because they don't know the community, they don't know the family. This is a God-fearing, church-going family that this happened to. I wouldn't stop praying for Alexis and talking about it, just because there are people out there cold enough to say that this child brought kidnapping and God knows what else on herself, if that's what has you discouraged, that is.

I don't think being an "outsider" (not from Nelson County ^) has any correlation to blaming the victim. Respectfully, I'm not from Nelson County - I'm from the heart of the Southside of Chicago. It would never cross my mind to blame Alexis in ANY fashion, tangential or otherwise, for this atrocity.

The perp is from Nelson County, though, right? (I'm not so good with the counties out there so I might be wrong). Regardless, he's from nearby - and he's a pretty bad character (IMO).

It's not so much about the God fearing, respectfully, it's about the content of the character of the individual who would tempt fate by making nasty comments about an abducted girl. They can be from next door to ME, or you. Either way, the are everywhere, but luckily, I've still not seen any victim blaming on this thread at WS. JMO.

---

Sending positive thoughts to Alexis and her family. Gosh I would just LOVE to see 'Found Safe' up on the top of the thread. (But I will settle for NOT seeing Found Deceased and keep my prayers and thoughts with her.

Hello everyone, central VA local here!

Has there been any further information regarding the vehicle that Alexis was driving? I understand it was found in the Carmike parking lot between 8:00pm and 9:00pm on Tuesday August 06. The law enforcement dogs traced a sent from the car, through the parking lot, to Arden Place apartments. It is my understanding that the scent quickly dissippated within the Arden Place apartment complex. A man who lives in an apartment complex close to the Carmike reported that the car was in the lot as early as 10:00am on Monday August 05.

I was in the shopping center that the Carmike is located in recently and the parking spot where her car was found is easily seen. It was not a hidden or out of the way spot. Interestingly, it is one of the widest spots in the parking lot.

On a different note, I did see a burgundy or reddish Chevrolet Caprice with 20" or more likely 22" chrome rims in Charlottesville today. I turned left infront of the vehicle, so I was able to see a direct side view and then the vehicle was behind me for quite some distance.

Welcome EasyStreet92

The FBI and LE is keeping infro close on this case.Did you happen to report seeing that car to LE? Thank you for your input.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but as soon as I would get 10 minutes from Charlottesville going south on 29, no cell service. I know a few people that have AT&T in Cville but not too many...I had to have two cell phones to make sure I always had coverage. Just a side note...but maybe she didn't go out of range often. It's been two years since I lived within 20 miles of Cville so maybe coverage has expanded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[Rant starts. Feel free to skip this.]
I wish I could erase the phrase "in the wrong place at the wrong time" from the English language because it's so often applied to the WRONG person--ie. the victim. Maybe, because I've heard it said and seen it written so often during the last few months, I'm over-reacting.

IMO, most times victims have been doing what is right for them, at the right time to be doing such things, and in the right place for doing those things.

Getting a hamburger at MickyDs at supper time before putting gas in your car at a gas station is being in the right place at the right time doing the appropriate thing.
Getting a hamburger in a sleazy strip joint at 3:00 in the morning before siphoning gas from a police car would be the wrong time and the wrong place, and totally inappropriate to boot.

JMO, but the PERP is usually the one out of place and will, also IMHO, ALWAYS be doing the WRONG thing at ANY time.

It seems to me that, sadly, any place at any time can become wrong when a predator is added into the mix. And, over that, a victim has no control.
[END RANT]

I hope AM's family continues to receive such compassionate support from their friends and neighbours as I've seen demonstrated in this thread.

[Rant starts. Feel free to skip this.]
I wish I could erase the phrase "in the wrong place at the wrong time" from the English language because it's so often applied to the WRONG person--ie. the victim. Maybe, because I've heard it said and seen it written so often during the last few months, I'm over-reacting.

IMO, most times victims have been doing what is right for them, at the right time to be doing such things, and in the right place for doing those things.

Getting a hamburger at MickyDs at supper time before putting gas in your car at a gas station is being in the right place at the right time doing the appropriate thing.
Getting a hamburger in a sleazy strip joint at 3:00 in the morning before siphoning gas from a police car would be the wrong time and the wrong place, and totally inappropriate to boot.

JMO, but the PERP is usually the one out of place and will, also IMHO, ALWAYS be doing the WRONG thing at ANY time.

It seems to me that, sadly, any place at any time can become wrong when a predator is added into the mix. And, over that, a victim has no control.
[END RANT]

I hope AM's family continues to receive such compassionate support from their friends and neighbours as I've seen demonstrated in this thread.

Good post and what makes me even madder is how he has gotten slapped on
the wrists so many times in his long criminal record.He should not have even been out on the streets to begin with.:banghead:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5waNyk_cKVc"]Alexis Murphy case on Nancy Grace 8.13.13 - YouTube[/ame]

I think back (ok...waaaay back) when I was young and walked to school. I trusted all adults. That's the way I was brought up. Bad things happened but not that often close to home. I never felt the need to always look over my shoulder in fear. What has happened that children, especially young girls, can't live their innocent lives and grow up to achieve their hopes and dreams?

I want to stay hopeful but a volleyball game has come and gone. Alexis wouldn't have missed that for anything in the world.

I hope they're still looking for her. I imagine that with or without finding her he'll end up being charged with murder, but I hope for the family's sake that building a case that way is not all they're focusing on now. They may give the media lip service that they're 'not going to rest until they find her', but I hope to God it's more than lip service. Too often we see LE make an arrest and essentially stop search and recovery efforts, or at least put it on the backburner as some sort of deal-making scheme for future negotiations.

After watching this portion of video (all I could find) RAT had been stalking Alexis at that gas station.She had the same pattern of going there and to McDonald's.RAT is indeed a
predator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH1bHn85GZI#at=19

Little doubt in my mind that he's the anonymous person who posted on her Ask account that he saw her at the Liberty in her flowered tights a few weeks before the abduction. I bet those pants had such a profound effect on his warped mind that when he saw them again he acted on his fantasy.

Sick.

I am sure LE will make every effort to find Alexis. Sometimes, it is just not possible, though, or comes down to luck with a citizen finding a body. A lot depends on whether or not he carried a cell phone the whole weekend, or if he knew enough not to do so, IMO. I am not sure how else they can go about tracking his movements otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en