Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported, immediately after it happened... her mom made sure of that... now she is reporting it to Nelson LE though... from the spot this happened at, in one minute your on route 29, within 5 minutes your in Nelson county...

This needs to be reported to Virginia State Police, not Nelson or Amherst. That way State Police can cross county lines and do investigating and potentially link these together. Plus if needed they can pass it along to the FBI for their investigative purposes as well.

But where else did he have to live????

Still surprised the ex family is supporting him. They must not feel his is a danger, or something. I don't know.

I don't know about discovery yet. I know in Grand Juries, they can ask witnesses questions, and they are under oath to tell the truth. Whatever is said in the Grand Jury can be later used at trial if he is indicted. It's sort of like a mini trial to see if juries think there is enough evidence for a trial. Forces the state to reveal what they have on the suspected.

:jail: Enjoy that view RAT!

I am not that surprised that the ex-family is supporting him. Considering the court had previously ruled that he was singled out and harassed by the police, I can easily see family members seeing this as a repeat performance by a LE group out for revenge.

I am not saying that is the case, but with a similar background plus the murkiness regarding the evidence he is being held on, I might feel the same way in their place as a family member.

I am not that surprised that the ex-family is supporting him. Considering the court had previously ruled that he was singled out and harassed by the police, I can easily see family members seeing this as a repeat performance by a LE group out for revenge.

I am not saying that is the case, but with a similar background plus the murkiness regarding the evidence he is being held on, I might feel the same way in their place as a family member.

Really? This guy has a rap-sheet as long as the Verrazano Narrows stemming back from the 1980's........so it is all LE's fault that he was/is a suspect in a case in 2010 and that has ruined his illustrious, productive life <modsnip>?

Who do they blame his behaviour or lot in life on in let's say, 1990?

I postulate that for all the crimes he committed and got *caught*, there's plenty more that went undetected, unreported, or unsolved.

moo.

went on your link, wow, right off rt. 29, and the area looks just like the spot
Alexis was abducted in, and I don't mean that accusingly, there's the McDonald's, the gas station, the salvage/car sales place. Do people also go up there to hang out and people watch? Believe me, I'm not going anywhere with this, but if I were to be...it would only be to wonder if RAT knew of this place, or was ever known to "people watch" around there, since he had such an affinity for hwy 29. If so, it might be a good idea to let LE know, IDK...

Not a hangout place, and neither is the McD's, Bojangles, or Foster Fuels store across Hwy 29.

Really? This guy has a rap-sheet as long as the Verrazano Narrows stemming back from the 1980's........so it is all LE's fault that he was/is a suspect in a case in 2010 and that has ruined his illustrious, productive life <modsnip>?

Who do they blame his behaviour or lot in life on in let's say, 1990?

I postulate that for all the crimes he committed and got *caught*, there's plenty more that went undetected, unreported, or unsolved.

moo.

I am not commenting at all on how guilty/not guilty he is, or how long the rap sheet is. But imagine if you were the relative of an innocent young man that went through this once already, thinking things were ok with his dad and the police just messed up, and then having this terrible event happen.

Wouldn't you try to cling to any hope that it wasn't true, for the sake of that kid? I feel horribly for them along with AM's family. His son's life is ruined, or at least tainted at such a young age, through no fault of his own.

Quoting myself for reference:

Can someone familiar with the area please try to map this? I am trying, but am pulling up different options. TIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teche View Post
We're waiting! What did you learn about scrapyards?

Hey guys. Thanks Teche!

I haven't forgotten about Terrilynn, been checking in to see if there have been any significant developments...have some catching up to do here, been really busy in the Boston marathon thread doing "Where's Waldo" with the crowd photos all night til my eyes bleed...the marathon tragedy is close to home for me, but that's another story...Such a terrible tragedy.

So, I brought up Terrilynn to my friend who is very tough and streetwise. She works in construction here in CO. When I told her about TM's car being missing, she automatically mentioned metal scrapyards, (paraphrasing, hope I can explain this right), that they crunch whole cars without even looking in the trunks, no questions asked, that there are some in the business who can be shady, that there are these metal scrapyards all over the place. She said she has stood in line many many times waiting for them to crunch her stuff and seen it happen many times. She explained the process, it's a quick run down a line where the car is picked up, dropped, crunched into a small square, crated, and sent off to China (not sure they all work the same way). So, I just thought this was interesting, and I remembered a case a long time ago where this happened (body was in a crunched car at a scrapyard), but I can't remember for the life of me what case it was. Now, I know, there has been a lot of publicity about Terrilynn and her car, and one would think that IF this is the case, an employee or bystander might remember and report, but as I said, she said it can be really shady sometimes, and it can be a really busy place where everything happens really quickly. When I asked about the monetary value of scrap metal vs selling for parts, she said this would be a more discreet and efficient way to dispose of the car without detection. Also, sometimes people just are not aware of the news. I was amazed when there was a possible serial killer (ARS) on the loose here, body parts found down the road and the manhunt from hell, and people still not even knowing about it.

So, I haven't gotten a chance yet to look into any of this; I know absolutely nothing about metal scrapyards. Just throwing this idea out there.

Where is Jessica Heeringa??
Texas Equusearch / Mounted Search and Recovery Team
In Loving Memory of Jessica Ridgeway
Thanks

The Following 5 Users Say Thank

Not a hangout place, and neither is the McD's, Bojangles, or Foster Fuels store across Hwy 29.

not a hangout place? When the other spot sorta like it, where the Liberty gas station sits, is ?

See I come from a small Midwestern town, surrounded by cornfields, where walking home from the park I could smell what everyone was having for dinner, and neighbors would say to me, "hey,-------, you better get home for
supper! And when I got older, we would drive on down the road about 5 miles and people still knew who we were.

So, I'm thinkin that people do make the rounds, and that they make them to Bo Jangles and McD's and meet each other at Fossil fuels, and maybe even go and see who's around the Liberty. We called it "buzzing". And this kind of
RAT, I just can't believe he wouldn't get bored with the pickings at Liberty and make his way over to Bojangles, someone around there has to know him, not that they like him or anything.

not a hangout place? When the other spot sorta like it, where the Liberty gas station sits, is ?

So, I'm thinkin that people do make the rounds, and that they make them to Bo Jangles and McD's and meet each other at Fossil fuels, and maybe even go and see who's around the Liberty. We called it "buzzing". And this kind of
RAT, I just can't believe he wouldn't get bored with the pickings at Liberty and make his way over to Bojangles, someone around there has to know him, not that they like him or anything.

The auto place across from the Bojangles is like 30 minutes south of Lovingston, and right outside Lynchburg. People from Lynchburg have other places to meet up because its a decent sized town. There's no indication that RAT was even familiar with this area. He hung out at the Liberty/McDonalds/Food Lion in Lovingston because he lived a mile from it and there's literally nothing else to do there.

See I come from a small Midwestern town, surrounded by cornfields, where walking home from the park I could smell what everyone was having for dinner, and neighbors would say to me, "hey,-------, you better get home for
supper! And when I got older, we would drive on down the road about 5 miles and people still knew who we were.

It's 45 miles from the Liberty in Lovingston to Cunningham Bros on 29 in Rustburg. From the looks of that Suburban he maybe got 11 MPG - a pretty expensive trip IMO. And, no people are not 'making the rounds' in that part of Rustburg, VA. Maybe a few old timers getting coffee at McD's in the morning, but that's it. Plenty other areas closer to RAT....Madison Heights, downtown/park areas of Lynchburg, Charlottesville.

The auto place across from the Bojangles is like 30 minutes south of Lovingston, and right outside Lynchburg. People from Lynchburg have other places to meet up because its a decent sized town. There's no indication that RAT was even familiar with this area. He hung out at the Liberty/McDonalds/Food Lion in Lovingston because he lived a mile from it and there's literally nothing else to do there.

see that's what I'm sayin, nothing else to do, but check out the chicks pulling up to Liberty, and when that pans out, go up and down hwy. 29 up to a decent town, where there is something to do.

As a teenager, I would drive 30 min. up to Indianapolis just to drive around a hamburger stand called The Teepee. Seeing all those boys that didn't go to my school really gave me a thrill, especially because my mom absolutely forbid me to do it!

a 30 minute drive is nothing in a rural area. You know this as well as I do.
No one is saying these junkyards are criminal, just wanting to know, have you seen RAT hangin around any of them? Or around any businesses that spring up around these places?

If I owned a junkyard around hwy 29 or 56 or any in between, I would be
checking out every damn inch of my property, regardless of how upstanding, computer-driven, detail orientated I was. Common sense, right?

When Lauren Spierer disappeared from our town, everyone checked their property, all innocent people checked their property. It's something you would naturally do. You never know.

It's 45 miles from the Liberty in Lovingston to Cunningham Bros on 29 in Rustburg. From the looks of that Suburban he maybe got 11 MPG - a pretty expensive trip IMO. And, no people are not 'making the rounds' in that part of Rustburg, VA. Maybe a few old timers getting coffee at McD's in the morning, but that's it. Plenty other areas closer to RAT....Madison Heights, downtown/park areas of Lynchburg, Charlottesville.

when one is payin for *advertiser censored* with a c note, one can afford to cruise for the real
thing, and that's exactly what this predator did.

ya know, I'm beginning to think you know a lot about all the cruising spots.
Work with me here.

Oh Gosh.....

I was really, really, really hoping the searches today would result in new evidence...

:sigh:

I think the unusual partially has to do with the suspect(s) and how they are related with one another.

Good point. So frustrating. WHERE IS ALEXIS??? As the days go by, I get so anxious that she may never be found. Seems if he is the perpetrator in Samantha's and Alexis's abductions....he knows how to hide a body. :dunno:

Really?

"There&#8217;s nothing about that to make him a flight risk,&#8221; Hallahan said.
Hallahan said Taylor would not object to wearing a GPS ankle bracelet and wanted to reside with his son and the boy&#8217;s mother in Nelson County.
Martin argued that Taylor is a danger to the public and his failures to make past court appearances in Greene County make him a flight risk. Flight risk and danger to the public are key criteria in bond decisions.
After hearing Martin&#8217;s evidence behind closed doors, Hallahan said there was &#8220;nothing about what the commonwealth said that justifies the abduction charge.&#8221;
He said the same weak evidence might just as well be used to justify other charges.
&#8220;Why not murder or wounding?&#8221; he said.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/n...a0c-0ba0-11e3-ba8b-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

What purpose is a preliminary hearing versus the Grand Jury? What could RAT gain from going to the Grand Jury? Would more information be presented at a Grand Jury versus the preliminary hearing? I'm confused.

http://www.wsls.com/story/23235355/k-9-teams-search-3-locations-in-relation-to-alexis-murphy-case

WSLS was there while K-9 teams searched the area along Cub Creek Road on the way to Crabtree Falls in Nelson County.
That's where we met, Rika, a 6-year-old search and rescue dog helping with the Alexis Murphy case.
For close to 6 hours, K-9's like Rika searched in 3 different locations for answers. They looked through wooded areas in the Cub Creek location and also near Davis Creek and suspect Randy Taylor's home.

Go doggies! Hope they found something today. And if not, maybe it will at least rule out those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx