Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why post info here? If anyone has a tip, they should call LE. :twocents:

Amster, absolutely correct. Thanks for straightening that out. However, if that's the case, why post anything here? Some locals in this very small community may want to post an anonymous tip, etc.
I wasn't trying to "scoop" LE, locals have been weighing in here about
the fact that no one ever hangs out anywhere near a certain salvage place, even though I never even brought up that salvage place.
Locals have posted here about how RAT hung out in certain lots to people watch. Locals have posted here (Moxie) that someone told them they had seen RAT near Crabtree Falls.
During an ongoing discussion here, people who couldn't possibly know for sure were stating that RAT would never be in X, Y, or Z locations, and I was asking if any locals had seen him around there to please post. I mean, if someone had seen RAT at the Rustburg McDonalds, would that be super-important to LE? On the other hand, it did seem important to people from that area to come on here, unsolicited by me, to state that
he just would never frequent there, that there was no evidence whatsoever
that he has ever been there.
Which really, I've gotta say is weird, when we know that he was up and down that highway. Locals have been all over this thread saying a drive from Lovingston to Cville or Lynchburg would be considered nothing, that people were used to driving long ways to get what they needed from other cities, and then locals come on and say that RAT wouldn't drive to Rustburg because it was, let's see, someone said 30 min., another said 45 min., away from where he lives. oops, my hinky b.s. meter just went off.

I wonder if they found partial DNA that shows someone who must at least share a parent with RT was in her car?

or shared DNA. I do not want to think AM knew his son and they approached her.

Sorry, dumb question. Was the "familial DNA arrest" case ever officially linked with THIS case?

or shared DNA. I do not want to think AM knew his son and they approached her.

Maybe I misunderstood...

but I do not think the son was being presented as a possible...

the poster suggested DNA MAY have been found common to RAT and another person having the same parent...

That would make The unknown person a sibling (brother or sister) of RAT...

JMO

On a side note... everyone has an opinion about everything regarding this case and we aren't all going to agree, all the time. No one is right or wrong here and we are all working for the same end result. There is no reason for anyone to take a differing opinion personally... also, jmpo but the subtle snarkiness is going to cause TO's, which no one wants. We all have valid and intelligent thoughts to share, can we just get back to doing that please, and thank you.

Sorry, dumb question. Was the "familial DNA arrest" case ever officially linked with THIS case?

Can anyone remember what date this person was arrested via the familial DNA? and what county, if that was made available? TIA

Oh I read the LONGEST article on this and the cases that it was used in; I wish I knew what site I had been on. I'm sorry I don't remember. But it has been used in a few US cases.

On a side note... everyone has an opinion about everything regarding this case and we aren't all going to agree, all the time. No one is right or wrong here and we are all working for the same end result. There is no reason for anyone to take a differing opinion personally... also, jmpo but the subtle snarkiness is going to cause TO's, which no one wants. We all have valid and intelligent thoughts to share, can we just get back to doing that please, and thank you.

I can't lie I'm guilty of this and I'm sorry. I'm pregnant and I'm due any day now so my hormones are getting the best of me. But some things that were said I felt like insulted my intelligence or were meant in a way as to make me seem wrong, but as you stated noone is right or wrong. None of us have all the answers if we did we wouldn't still be talking about it.

Can anyone remember what date this person was arrested via the familial DNA? and what county, if that was made available? TIA

I would assume it to be within the US, possibly within in VA, though the arrest could have been anywhere. The only confirmation of a time frame stated from Virginia DFA appears to be within the week of the 11th - 17th (...or dates sometime between the 10th -18th...depending on which standard is used)

I can't lie I'm guilty of this and I'm sorry. I'm pregnant and I'm due any day now so my hormones are getting the best of me. But some things that were said I felt like insulted my intelligence or were meant in a way as to make me seem wrong, but as you stated noone is right or wrong. None of us have all the answers if we did we wouldn't still be talking about it.

OMG Congratulations!! I know you must be so excited. :party:

I wasn't directing my post at you or anyone specific. We should all think before we post. Roll and scroll and if it violates TOS report it.

There wasn't a date given for the arrest but the case was in VA.

Yes, the mods will close this thread in a heart beat if they have to...Dylan's thread has been closed for weeks!! :(

Congratulations Heroine!
:baby:

OMG Congratulations!! I know you must be so excited. :party:

I wasn't directing my post at you or anyone specific. We should all think before we post. Roll and scroll and if it violates TOS report it.

You're right, popsicle, we should all learn to not disagree in a subtly snarky way. So, I went to read some of your posts, and saw that you often disagree but you do it in a mature, give-and-take manner. point taken, thanks

http://www.nbc12.com/story/23111299/fbi-no-sign-of-alexis-murphy-despite-suspect-arrest

"Alexis's family says the arrest is a bittersweet development in her abduction.

"Exciting. Obviously, very bittersweet to know that they have a suspect, but Alexis isn't home yet. But a jolt of energy, hope and faith," said Angela Taylor, Alexis's aunt.

"It's been determined that she really was abducted, and we have a suspect and they're in custody, that's major," said another aunt, Trina Taylor."

https://www.google.com/search?q="tr...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Bless their hearts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member