Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys getting storms around Nelson Co? It appears some are heading that way. Just mentioning this since there are water searches occurring in the area.

I can't help but wonder if the expectancy of severe thunderstorms had to do with the intensified search today.

Are you guys getting storms around Nelson Co? It appears some are heading that way. Just mentioning this since there are water searches occurring in the area.

I can't help but wonder if the expectancy of severe thunderstorms had to do with the intensified search today.

yes... bad one coming in...

The article says something about how they are looking for trails and signs of activity. I wonder if RAT had a boat and they think he carried her somewhere? I am confused because creaks this time of year are pretty shallow and not good place for a dump. If they were out at a lake I would think that is what they were looking for, by kayaks on a creek with sent dogs says they are looking differently than guys in scuba gear in a lake.

I'm not from that area, but because most of my work consists massively in the area of the atmosphere, I believe the Mid-Atlantic regions of the US have seen an insane amount of rain over the past two to three months. In a two month period alone, June/July, many areas in Virginia received just about as much rain as what would normally fall within the entire year. Just an FYI as it could indicate creeks aren't as shallow as they normally would be.

All this searching in woods and creeks. Did they search in abandoned homes or buildings yet?

I am at a loss as to why LE keeps saying they believe Alexis is alive, other than the usual LE-speak for no evidence to prove otherwise. We've heard it many times before, right up until a body is found. Nothing they are doing shows they are looking for a live person or have any real idea what happened, IMO.

ETA of course I hope she is alive. I just got really annoyed by LE insisting the two little girls in Iowa were alive. Even saying they had evidence of it. And so it spurred the usual talk of trafficking, etc. when of course they were not alive and probably had been dead before they were even reported missing IMO amd a year later, no arrests.

I am at a loss as to why LE keeps saying they believe Alexis is alive, other than the usual LE-speak for no evidence to prove otherwise. We've heard it many times before, right up until a body is found. Nothing they are doing shows they are looking for a live person or have any real idea what happened, IMO.

I completely understand what you're saying, but at the same time, even if they have reason to believe she's alive, they can't just not search. I mean they could, but... ...I guess what I mean, LE has been known to do things that don't make much sense to those on the outside looking in. I think they're using the internet in their searches as well, but that can be done behind closed doors unlike ground searches.

OT: I feel like I'm posting way too often. If that's the case, tell me please. I promise to take no offense. I just really want this case solved... even if it means me bringing up things that could be uncomfortable to think about. Also, if I counter someone's idea or question something in it, it's not personal; it's me brainstorming.

1150203_313380158807013_1666961117_n.jpg

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 17m
Dive teams searching Rockfish River http://fb.me/2B9BbGsPr
What am I missing. The link I got shows teams with probably a HR dog, but I didn't see any divers. I wonder if Parker saw divers, but just posted this pic? I'm thinking divers have not gone down, but the HR dogs are searching for scent over the water (as part of the "dive team"). Any one have any reports of divers going in? I think it's a little misleading and scary to hear "dive teams are searching", and not clarify that as, 'HR dogs are working the river', if in fact that is the case. JMHO

Absolutely agree with this. I know a lot of kids parents in Nelson that smoke, and I don't think it is that far fetched to think she wouldn't have felt uncomfortable around him. Like I mentioned, it's a very trusting community overall.

I absolutely do not agree that she went to his trailer willingly. The guy has been arrested for abducting her, and, they have the evidence that she was there and have informed him of this. betcha they haven't told him all the evidence,m the damning evidence, and they are biding their time, letting him spin this fairytale. When he has spun it to their satisfaction, they will hit him with the cross left: the real definitive evidence.

IMO, this has been their strategy all along, let him hang himself so as not to have a repeat of the SC case. IMO, the CRD has an alibi, as another poster here suggested. The more Randy Taylor lies, and the more these lies get recorded by LE, and when his atty presents these lies as evidence at his upcoming trial, the more effective will be the self-hanging.

IMO, this more than anything else is the reason why they have everything sealed tight and won't tell anyone what they have. When he presents his fairytale, thinking they have basically nothing, and then they lower the boom--then, it's deal time against the DP, not deal time for accusing poor Randy Taylor falsely.

I want to thank Cold Pizza for snipping my posts for getting personal. I truly want to learn the way to totally disagree, and to express my, for lack of better words, flabbergastation for victim blaming. It's not victim blaming as much as wanting to repeat over and over that her bad choices caused her
abduction and probably murder.

There is no proof whatsoever that she went to the trailer willingly for pot.
However, RAT admits to her being at his trailer and then she was never seen again. The guy is facing the death penalty if convicted of her murder! Why wouldn't he say whatever he could--obviously he thinks he can beat the rap by saying, no, it was a drug deal and she left with the dealer.

I think the only interesting thing about this lie is that he didn't say he was the dealer and she bought the pot. This in itself is an indicator that he thinks
he can beat the offense with a hand slap--buying pot is not as crimeworthy
as dealing it. Again, we are supposed to believe that this young girl interrupted her entire evening to make sure some creepy, evil man had
a quarter oz. of weed?

All this being said, it really makes no difference. IMO, it would still be criminal confinement with the intention of abduction and murder. IMO, we really shouldn't even need to discuss the pot. He is not being held for buying weed, although this is a parole violation. He is being held, IMO, for abduction until he finally confesses to her murder.

IMO, he will confess when he finally realizes the evidence will be enough for the death penalty, but LE will be going for the full monty of the confession to SC as well for LWP. And also JMO, he won't do this until the last final minute.

and when he does this, he will take everyone down with him, to be sure.

I completely understand what you're saying, but at the same time, even if they have reason to believe she's alive, they can't just not search. I mean they could, but... ...I guess what I mean, LE has been known to do things that don't make much sense to those on the outside looking in. I think they're using the internet in their searches as well, but that can be done behind closed doors unlike ground searches.

OT: I feel like I'm posting way too often. If that's the case, tell me please. I promise to take no offense. I just really want this case solved... even if it means me bringing up things that could be uncomfortable to think about. Also, if I counter someone's idea or question something in it, it's not personal; it's me brainstorming.

Of course they should search. I just get frustrated when/if LE keeps parents and families believing they have reason to think a missing person is alive, if really all they have is no proof to show otherwise, I guess. I have followed a zillion cases and it happens a lot...eventually LE admits that their reasoning was just that they had no crime scene. Nothing more. So I hope it turns out otherwise for Alexis.

I absolutely do not agree that she went to his trailer willingly. The guy has been arrested for abducting her, and, they have the evidence that she was there and have informed him of this.

I actually find myself thinking she did go there willingly and the abduction having more to do with possibly not being allowed to leave willingly.

When he presents his fairytale, thinking they have basically nothing, and then they lower the boom--then, it's deal time(...)

I can totally see this.

It's not victim blaming as much as wanting to repeat over and over that her bad choices caused her abduction(..)

I think we can all make choices that put us in circumstances of opportunity for those with ill intentions, but regardless, you're right, the only one who should be blamed is the one who committed the act.

And also JMO, he won't do this until the last final minute and when he does this, he will take everyone down with him, to be sure.

I think that is exactly the moment LE is hoping for.

Quite a bit of movement today, hopefully something leads to finding Alexis. Thanks to all for your updates, pictures and information. Please let her be found soon!

"All-day search for missing teen yields discovery of red sweater in Rockfish River"

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_0da8c692-126d-11e3-95f7-001a4bcf6878.html

"The day concluded with the discovery of a red sweater caught beneath a rock in the Rockfish River – a turn of events that prompted a quick call to investigators, who arrived at the scene within a half hour and quickly tucked the garment into a plastic evidence bag.
Murphy was last scene on Aug. 3 at the Liberty gas station in Lovington, where surveillance footage shows her wearing a red sweater and leopard print pants."

Good job Doggies!!!
52226ca525903.preview-300.jpg

:beagle: :beagle: :beagle: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :beagle: :beagle: :beagle:

"Shortly before 4 p.m. Saturday, members of the Lake Monticello Water Rescue Team pulled their kayaks and raft ashore beneath the bridge at Drumheller Lane in Shipman. They had just finished a 10-mile trek down the river.
Several members of the crew trudged along the riverbed, when one asked for a pair of goggles and then took a closer look in the water. He surfaced to shout, “It’s a red sweater. Wasn’t she last seen wearing a red sweater?”

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_0da8c692-126d-11e3-95f7-001a4bcf6878.html

"Shortly before 4 p.m. Saturday, members of the Lake Monticello Water Rescue Team pulled their kayaks and raft ashore beneath the bridge at Drumheller Lane in Shipman. They had just finished a 10-mile trek down the river.
Several members of the crew trudged along the riverbed, when one asked for a pair of goggles and then took a closer look in the water. He surfaced to shout, “It’s a red sweater. Wasn’t she last seen wearing a red sweater?”

Wow, this could be huge.

I wonder if this bridge is on the list of bridges I posted upstream?

I doesn't appear to be the same sweater she was wearing in the surveillance photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee02!