Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big difference between a "sweater" and a "blouse". A sweater, if that what was really found would indicate someone who wore it last in the cooler weather. The surveillance video picture doesn't look like a sweater. It was August. I doubt many people wear sweaters in August in Virginia.
Jmo

I wouldn't wear a sweater! But yesterday, we were in Williamsburg, I'm sweating buckets and a lady walks by in a COAT!

Some people can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

There's a big difference between a "sweater" and a "blouse". A sweater, if that what was really found would indicate someone who wore it last in the cooler weather. The surveillance video picture doesn't look like a sweater. It was August. I doubt many people wear sweaters in August in Virginia.
Jmo

Some people, like my neighbor, seem to use "sweater" to refer to any long-sleeved upper garment that's made out of knit material. But you're right that the garment the guy is holding looks like it's much heavier material than the thin lightweight material AM is wearing in the surveillance video.

O/T, but it just breaks my heart looking at all the posters like this, no picture, not much info. How could you have a loved one missing & not even have basic info about them to give out to LE or the media :(

Yeah, I know. Maybe she didn't have anybody to love her. Parents deceased, drugged out, or otherwise MIA. Violent, dysfunctional family. Foster home. Pimped out by relatives. So many sad sad stories...

I think the sweater is Alexis because it would be in shreds if it had been there very long.
Pink and Red are very similar hues and it could have been black why red? the water,sun, and heat have a way of changing and destroying fabrics.

The person I was referring to isn't missing from Lynchburg, but the Roanoke area. I think it's about an hour or two away from there. There are threads here on WS about her.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95867

Roanoke County Police say 45-year-old Joan Renee Cook disappeared after leaving her home the night of January 24th 2010
—Last seen wearing a red sweater, blue jeans, Timberland shoes, and a black jacket

I'm looking through this thread now, thanks for posting.

This post is eerie:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4819203&postcount=7"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4819203&postcount=7[/ame]

*maybe this should be posted in the possible victim's thread...

This girl, Tashaunda Clark, from Lynchburg definitely needs to be added to the list because she fits the pattern with Cassandra and now Alexis. All three have ties to Lynchburg!

I think the sweater is Alexis because it would be in shreds if it had been there very long.
Pink and Red are very similar hues and it could have been black why red? the water,sun, and heat have a way of changing and destroying fabrics.

Inspector Mays put the sweater in an evidence bag and placed it in his SUV. I wonder if the sweater had been another color, would he have taken it with him?

Inspector Mays put the sweater in an evidence bag and placed it in his SUV. I wonder if the sweater had been another color, would he have taken it with him?

All evidence is placed in a bag. Hopefully sealed, with appropriate tags, long list on each person that can open, sign, reseal, open, sign reseal.

Unfortunately, Alexis' family must view the shirt/sweater to see if they think it could be hers. And, from the very sopping wet view, it could be. I hope not, and I feel sorry for her family. This could go on for the rest of their lives.............:( Many sad faces...

Not certain Alexis will be where the clothes may be found, but it is another nail toward RAT. LE knows this.. So sad..

Water searches with a dog, I may be wrong, is for the dog to sniff out a body. Not clothes, the clothes lost the scent. Dogs don't get depth though. Just surfacing oils...

I love that question! I certainly think he would have taken it even if it were blue, green or purple. In their minds I'm sure anything could mean something.

I do disagree with what another poster had stated about it being in shreds if it were in the water very long though. I won't bore you all with facts and figures, but less deterioration to clothing can happen in water than on land. -no uv light - no altering wind pattern- no sudden onset of extreme temp variables - no animal treks - etc.

So will the next step in the sweater being found be to see if the mother can identify it or will there be DNA evidence on it, if it came out of the water?

"Murphy was last scene on Aug. 3 at the Liberty gas station in Lovington, where surveillance footage shows her wearing a red sweater and leopard print pants."

I'm pretty sure that the missing poster and all FBI info says that Alexis was wearing floral leggings....Where in the world did leopard print pants come from now!?

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_0da8c692-126d-11e3-95f7-001a4bcf6878.html

:banghead:

Just wanted to bring this up...the article has been revised. The sentence you quoted now states:

"Murphy was last was seen Aug. 3 at the Liberty gas station in Lovingston. According to the FBI, she last was seen wearing a pink blouse and floral spandex pants."

Not her shirt, per Parker Slaybaugh
https://www.facebook.com/ParkerABC13

"I just spoke with a source of mine who tells me that SEVERAL items were collected yesterday during their search. They say NOTHING indicates that the item pulled from Rockfish River is related to Alexis Murphy. They also point out that Alexis was last known to be wearing a PINK top with writing on it" Parker Slaybaugh

http://www.wset.com/story/23309521/...tems-from-rockfish-river-in-search-for-murphy
Nelson Co., VA - ABC 13 has confirmed with investigators that several items were discovered in the Rockfish River Saturday during a search effort for Alexis Murphy.
While some media outlets report that an item found Saturday in the Rockfish River was a red sweater, ABC 13's Parker Slaybaugh spoke with investigators who say there has been no determination made to connect anything to Alexis Murphy at this point.
It is important to note that the original description that investigators released stated that Alexis was wearing a pink top with lettering on it.
A few local search dog teams were out searching for Alexis Murphy again earlier Sunday.

ABC 13 is working to confirm exactly what was found Saturday and will bring you updates as we get them.

It is weird as in the photo from the store, Alexis seems to be wearing a tight kind of cropped red sweater, rather than a pink top with lettering. But I guess they must know best.

It is weird as in the photo from the store, Alexis seems to be wearing a tight kind of cropped red sweater, rather than a pink top with lettering. But I guess they must know best.

I see a pink top with lettering.

image_large

I saw a different pic. It looks more like lettering in this one.

Yeah, there's one of her inside the store and that one. The one inside looks somewhat darker. Since the picture of the sweater was taken outside in natural light then it seemed it more reasonable to me to compare it with the surveillance capture of her outside in natural light as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
looneymom